PDA

View Full Version : Finnish skating news, part II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Finnice
10-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Sky blue for the SP ( over the Rainbow)
Plum/ black tiedye ( not a good description of an elegant dress) with beige accents ( Evita)

The accents are actually more pink than beige. SP dress is considered to be lovely, FS dress divides opinions. OIn Finlandia Trophy, I was one of the few who liked it.

But the home page pictures are poses in all kind of colours and dresses.

rfisher
10-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Plum/ black tiedye ( not a good description of an elegant dress) with beige accents ( Evita)

I was wishing for a dark blue, but the lighter blue will be lovely for her as well. Frankly, I can't imaging her wearing anything that isn't lovely. The Finn ladies are always gorgeous.

HisWeirness
10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
SP (http://www.pixieworld.net/en/galleries/photo/FTX2292jpgThumbnail1jpg)
FS (http://www.pixieworld.net/en/galleries/photo/FTX4804jpgThumbnail1jpg) (another view) (http://www.pixieworld.net/en/galleries/photo/FTX4879jpgThumbnail1jpg)

shah
10-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Kiira Korpi´s new web site in English is open. www.kiirakorpi.fi
The pictures are :smokin: and :glamor:

next top model :smokin::swoon:

ana
10-21-2010, 02:07 PM
thank you Finnice.
interesting pictures.

Ankka
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
The selection criteria for the teams for the Senior and Junior Worlds and European Championships are up!

Some major changes compared to previous years:

Laura Lepistö is already selected for EC and WC as last year's medalist (though she has to skate at one competition or in front of a special panel to meet the requirements of ISU. (Meaning Tech Score 15 in SP and 25 in FS)). I presume this decision is due to the fact that she's injured... But still she is our top female skater so I find it fair :)

Then, the two other ladies for EC are selected based on their SB score (the minimum for the ladies is 145 and if having to choose from a weaker field, the federation will reconsider). But the big change is with the Worlds: the second skater to join Laura will be chosen based on SB score again so technically if someone gets a higher score at the Nordics, she'll be chosen for the Worlds team.

The SB rule is valid with the men too and will be more likely to cause some stir.

http://www.stll.fi/?x2126=1677704 (link in Finnish)

kwanfan1818
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
According to this year's rules, a skater can use last year's scores to meet the minimum score requirements, as long as the competitions are listed. She has enough scores from last year to qualify now.

The Federation can insist to compete or be monitored before she's allowed to compete, but she's met the ISU criteria.

There was discussion that starting next season, the minimum score would have to becearned in the current season only.

Ziggy
11-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't think that this is a very good idea.

Under those rules, a skater can peak early in the season and then totally lose form but still go.

Doesn't make sense to me at all.

I think that Finnish Nationals should decide the Euro squad and Euro results should decide the Worlds squad.

Hanna
11-02-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't think that this is a very good idea.

Well what's new with these decisions by the Finnish Fed. :yawn: Every year I keep hoping they'd change it so that ONE good score (even if the rest of them crap) wouldn't be enough to get a spot at ISU Championships. But they never change it. :wall:

Elka
11-02-2010, 05:52 PM
They probably want to have an other option of choosing the "newbie the third". If the one, chosen for Euros, is "wrong" and someone at Nordics performs better, they can reconsider. I wonder they think Laura will not be available?

Hope they will not give ridiculous components for junior boys in qualification competitions in Finland in order to fix the "needed" seasons best, as they did last year.

elfenblüte
11-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Will the finnish dance team go to Euros and Worlds? Because they have met the ISU minimum score many times already.

Finnice
11-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Elfenblute, do you mean Klimova/Palomäki (who have quit), or Lindholm/Kanervo? The latter will go to Europeans, I guess.??? about the Worlds.
Agree with Hanna: The criteria of FFSA is a bit...umm...diffusive. They are paying all the possibilities and hoping, of course, that Laura will not miss this season.

elfenblüte
11-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Elfenblute, do you mean Klimova/Palomäki (who have quit), or Lindholm/Kanervo? The latter will go to Europeans, I guess.??? about the Worlds.

Hallo Finnice, thank you, I mean Lindholm/Kanervo, because it would be a pity if they met the ISU criteria, but their federation would not want to send them to ISU Championships.

Ziggy
11-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Are Lindholm/Kanervo too old for Junior Worlds now?

I hope they are sent to Euros at least.

I would kinda understand if they weren't sent to Worlds because their results have been very low so far but they should definitely get the chance to do Euros at least, if they are to gain experience and improve.

Kati
11-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Are Lindholm/Kanervo too old for Junior Worlds now?

I hope they are sent to Euros at least.

I would kinda understand if they weren't sent to Worlds because their results have been very low so far but they should definitely get the chance to do Euros at least, if they are to gain experience and improve.

They were born in 1987 (Kanervo) and 1989 (Lindholm), so they are not juniors.