PDA

View Full Version : Worlds 2011 Tokyo

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

gordeeva
10-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Reeeeeeeally thanks for the information, Hedwig!!!!

Marroncream
11-02-2010, 02:06 AM
This (http://l-tike.com/sports/figure2011/zu_b.html) is a rough seating arrangement.

Hedwig
11-02-2010, 05:55 AM
I received an email from a Japanese travel agency who are handling the tickets. They ask for 15.000 Yen charge for handling. :yikes:
Anyway, it seems to work.

RunnersHigh
11-02-2010, 09:20 AM
I received an email from a Japanese travel agency who are handling the tickets. They ask for 15.000 Yen charge for handling. :yikes:
Anyway, it seems to work.

I also received the email and processed the procedures (filling out the application and faxing the credit card info..). As a result, the agency informed me that my seats are confirmed! :biggrinbo

Does it mean that I can take seats there? No other procedures like lot-something?

Hedwig
11-02-2010, 09:43 AM
The email adress of the travel agency is
Tour Desk WFC TOKYO 2011 [wfctokyo2011-tour@knt-ec.com]

Only all even tickets are on sale at the moment. Single tickets go on sale at the beginning of December.

midori
11-02-2010, 01:59 PM
I am thinking about having the 2nd FSU Championships during the Worlds.
It is still months away but I thought I would announce it before people fix their travel plans.

Perhaps it will be on Tuesday, mid-late afternoon after Ladies Preliminary session.

Considering the schedule of competitions and public-skate, there is not many other options. Only alternative would be early afternoon on Sunday before Gala, but I am not sure if I can stand on the blades after the week of excitement, or bear watching skating myself right after Worlds' finest ones. ;)

The ice rink is only a half hour away from the arena and rental skates are available.

I will start a thread in the Worlds forum when it is getting closer. If you are interested to join but you do not have access to the forum, let me know.

Hope many will join us! :)

Susy
11-02-2010, 10:26 PM
I have submitted my request to them as well via email and will see how it goes. I put in a request for the "Stand SS" seating. On Air Canada's site they offered a cheaper rate at the hotel I already had a reservation for so I jumped at it (Hotel Plaza Sunroute Shinjuku)

Coco
11-02-2010, 11:57 PM
2011 Gymnastics Worlds are in Tokyo, too, but in the fall.

If they were close in time, omg...that would be something!

Hedwig
11-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I am thinking about having the 2nd FSU Championships during the Worlds.
It is still months away but I thought I would announce it before people fix their travel plans.

Perhaps it will be on Tuesday, mid-late afternoon after Ladies Preliminary session.

Considering the schedule of competitions and public-skate, there is not many other options. Only alternative would be early afternoon on Sunday before Gala, but I am not sure if I can stand on the blades after the week of excitement, or bear watching skating myself right after Worlds' finest ones. ;)

The ice rink is only a half hour away from the arena and rental skates are available.

I will start a thread in the Worlds forum when it is getting closer. If you are interested to join but you do not have access to the forum, let me know.

Hope many will join us! :)

I am in of course!! Very good that rental skates are available as most of us won't be able to bring our own.
And I would prefer Tuesday as I will have left Tokyo after the ladies free.

Thanks for organising this, Midori!!

Susy
11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
I also received confirmation from Kintetsu that my worlds tickets are "confirmed". No seat assignment though! No website but they seem to be processing the orders! They say credit card will be charged "upon delivery".

Yunaonlyhope
11-05-2010, 11:19 PM
How much is an all event ticket, when you buy outside of Japan?

UMBS Go Blue
11-05-2010, 11:34 PM
See post 48. You'd have to convert from JPY to whatever your currency is.

lukeanthony
11-11-2010, 03:23 AM
2011 Gymnastics Worlds are in Tokyo, too, but in the fall.

If they were close in time, omg...that would be something!

I know. It's so hard deciding which one to go to... or maybe I could go to Tokyo twice in 1 year :P

Hedwig
11-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Or just stay for six months and travel around. :swoon:

senorita
11-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Do NOT go just for World's. I highly recommend staying. I was there for 10 days. Spent half the time in Tokyo and then had a rail pass that I used to travel to Osaka (bustling with more of a west coast feel), Kyoto (traditional with amazing walking tours and old world feel) and Hiroshima (go for the war museums). Do these places if you want to do "city". Or if you like the bathing culture, Japan has the most number of public baths in the world with hot springs, etc. Look into this and head in the area north towards Nagano for what I would anticipate would be some stunning spa-like retreats.

Oh, on the rail pass, you only get the great deal as a tourist and you must purchase BEFORE you get to Japan. These are not for purchase inside of Japan although hey are validated there. I can't remember if the rail pass covers Tokyo rail system. I believe it didn't.

thank you for this,and all the rest for tips! We are starting to arrange 2 weeks in Japan for my birthday and I m in the point of reading all japan guides now:swoon: but the dates fall inside just the two last days of Worlds so i havent decide for this. I maybe I will end up with Gala.
But if you make a thread with tips when worlds are closer it will be much appreciated!:)