PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Stars on Ice tour April/May 2010: articles, fan reports & more!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Wyliefan
04-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Even did a poor job of answering the question. But considering all that's been going on, there was probably no answer he could have given that would have sounded good. He should just take a pass on all questions about Johnny from now on. (Not that Johnny would ever reciprocate, but somebody's got to take the high road.) Especially once the reporter worded the question that way, there was almost no way it could have ended well. Not unless Evan were a skilled diplomat with long practice wording things just so, and he's not.

Bostonfan
04-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Evan went down a whole lot of pegs on my board with those comments. After being so civil about Plush and then a minute later say that about Johnny. What a tool. :rolleyes:

Once again skaters that choose to be less than PC are either praised or demonized. Usually it's Johnny being praised and anyone disagreeing with Johnny being slammed. :rolleyes: IMHO Johnny stopped being "the best of the best" when he chose to whine about everything under the sun. I'm thrilled someone has the guts to finally say that it's not OK with them. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

sap5
04-28-2010, 02:53 PM
post deleted.

Debbie S
04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Once again skaters that choose to be less than PC are either praised or demonized. Usually it's Johnny being praised and anyone disagreeing with Johnny being slammed. :rolleyes: IMHO Johnny stopped being "the best of the best" when he chose to whine about everything under the sun. I'm thrilled someone has the guts to finally say that it's not OK with them. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.Exactly! :respec:

Johnny made his bed; now he has to lay in it.

tarotx
04-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Most of the US medalist have made guest appearances because USFSA and SOI formed a partnership for this season (which I think is the reason Alissa and Jeremy were signed early as full cast members. They were last season's National champions). Johnny blow that chance with his whining. In the past seasons very few made guest appearances. Things really do need to be looked at in context.

Also how many Olympic gold medalist are asked about the 6th place finisher? Johnny isn't being talked about because of his best of the best skating. It's happening because he whines that nobody loves him because he's wink wink different.

I'll get my Johnny fix by watching videos of when his skating was the best of the best :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkmUPsON6x8

Willowway
04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I agree with the folks who think that Evan was just fed up and he has every right to be fed up. Unfortunately he did himself no favor with this response - too bad he hadn't though out (in case the question was asked) an answer that was so gracious yet on point that he could have closed down Johnny's jabs at him. But he didn't. These are not very mature guys in some ways and this is one of those ways - both Evan AND Johnny have a lot to learn. Neither of them appears to understand that what anyone says in public about other people says more about the speaker than other folks.

Bostonfan
04-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Maybe it was the concussion :) Jarred his PC filter.

love skating
04-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Lots of great pictures from ice-skate.net -

http://gallery.ice-skate.net/photos/2010-stars-on-ice/

Click on each picture for more pictures of that performance.

jlai
04-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Well, that proves my point!

funny how I forgot they existed though... :shuffle:

Yeah, Baldwin and Weir are proof of a s*cky pro career when you p*ss off the powers that be enough. :P

Indra486
04-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Johnny had shot back on the Wend Williams (ugh) show, stating that he wouldn't do SOI if they asked and called Evan a slore (slut+whore). :popcorn:

Willowway
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh boy...now open war has been declared. Johnny's an idiot for saying that. I hope he has some great plans outside of skating because eventually no one will speak to him - you can't trash people that way in public and not suffer for it yourself.

Johnny's comment says more about Johnny than about Evan.

And Evan, if he's smart, should resist any temptation at any time to respond - he should just be dead quiet about the whole thing now. He shouldn't have entered into it with the 'best of the best' comment to begin with - now he should just be quiet.

TalentedButHumble
04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Not only did I forget I/B were medalists this year, I recently realized I don't remember anything about Sasha's Nats performances.:lol:

Anyway, Johnny/ Evan, Johnny/Evan :blah: Tired of it.

I was going to say I wish other recent skating rumors I've read were true because they’d be much more fun to discuss than this junk. But then I envisioned how quickly they’d turn into :eek: :scream:

Wyliefan
04-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Oh boy...now open war has been declared. Johnny's an idiot for saying that. I hope he has some great plans outside of skating because eventually no one will speak to him - you can't trash people that way in public and not suffer for it yourself.

Johnny's comment says more about Johnny than about Evan.

And Evan, if he's smart, should resist any temptation at any time to respond - he should just be dead quiet about the whole thing now. He shouldn't have entered into it with the 'best of the best' comment to begin with - now he should just be quiet.

:respec: to everything you said. To respond now would just be to get into a pointless, endless mess, especially since Johnny's decided to take it to kindergarten level. Evan, if you have any self-respect, just back away now. No good can come from going any further with it.

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 08:02 PM
:respec: to everything you said. To respond now would just be to get into a pointless, endless mess, especially since Johnny's decided to take it to kindergarten level. Evan, if you have any self-respect, just back away now. No good can come from going any further with it.

You know, we're looking at this from the point of view of figure skating. But what if you are a cable tv fan? Then you want to see the bitchfight, right? And so you love it that Johnny is dishing back. And if you're one of Johnny's new fans who has heard all about how Johnny is treated like shit in figure skating because he's gay and Evan is this homophobic guy who has attacked Johnny for being gay, you're probably really glad to see Johnny dish it back.

It all looks skewed to us uptight, straight-laced figure skating fan types, but from the perspective of the entertainment world, it may look entirely different.

This is one of the reasons I don't have TV

victoriajh
04-28-2010, 08:02 PM
soi only hires the best of the best? Really - how come Jenifer robinson skated with them for so long then? :D

I became a FAN of Johnny after watching him live ( i feel that tv does not do him justice) and wold have loved TO see him in soi- but all the whine on all sides I can do without- honey It is JUST SKATING for goodness sake! not a cure for cancer!