PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Stars on Ice tour April/May 2010: articles, fan reports & more!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RockTheTassel
04-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Yeah, I don't get the "best of the best" remark. Evan himself is more accomplished than Johnny, but plenty of the other skaters on the tour aren't. Also, Johnny has a bigger fanbase than almost all of them.

I think his comment about Johnny was rather snotty, which is somewhat understandable with their relationship, but it still made me like him a lot less.

Wyliefan
04-28-2010, 03:43 AM
It was fairly harsh, I'll grant you. But considering the rumors that Johnny and his agent helped circulate about why he wasn't chosen, is it so surprising that some of the skaters on the tour might feel fed up and say more than they should?

RockTheTassel
04-28-2010, 03:46 AM
It was fairly harsh, I'll grant you. But considering the rumors that Johnny and his agent helped circulate about why he wasn't chosen, is it so surprising that some of the skaters on the tour might feel fed up and say more than they should?

I agree with you, but it was the way Evan said it. "It would have been hard for them to justify hiring him"? And then implying that Weir only wanted to do the tour for money? That was a low blow.

jlai
04-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Since SOI needs all the positive press it can get, I can see why Evan feels the need to discredit Weir though. He as the star attraction needs to protect the business

TalentedButHumble
04-28-2010, 04:25 AM
But considering the rumors that Johnny and his agent helped circulate about why he wasn't chosen, is it so surprising that some of the skaters on the tour might feel fed up and say more than they should?
Not to mention some stuff that Sixth Place aimed directly at Evan.

tarotx
04-28-2010, 05:07 AM
It's kind of true (at least on the men side). Since SOI pretty much swallowed champions on ice, Johnny hasn't been national champion nor has he been the highest North American finish at worlds/Olympics. Nor has he won an Olympic medal or world championship yet in his career. Sure he won a worlds medal in 2008 but Buttle was world champion that season.

Jaana
04-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Weir was national champion!!! And frequent -very frequent medalist! How can someone like him not be considered the best of the best? This is puzzling! There are people on the tour who don't have half the medals Weir does. That is just a fact.

Weir is an one-time WC bronze medalist and has nothing more from major international competitions. The US champion he was years ago, of course the current ones are prefered.

And then implying that Weir only wanted to do the tour for money? That was a low blow.

How is that a low blow, everybody needs money. And hasnīt Weir whined about money, too? I remember that in that connection some skating fans wondered about his shopping, LOL.

Lucy25
04-28-2010, 02:11 PM
I agree with you, but it was the way Evan said it. "It would have been hard for them to justify hiring him"? And then implying that Weir only wanted to do the tour for money? That was a low blow.
This is a printed interview. We have no idea how he said it.

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Every other US national medalist from 2010 has had at least one guest appearance with SOI. Only Johnny hasn't. It is reasonable to conclude this isn't about his skating or his competitive accomplishments.

In any case, more importantly, that's way cool that SamBates were invited! :cheer:

jlai
04-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Every other US national medalist from 2010 has had at least one guest appearance with SOI. Only Johnny hasn't. It is reasonable to conclude this isn't about his skating or his competitive accomplishments.

In any case, more importantly, that's way cool that SamBates were invited! :cheer: except Inoue and Baldwin ;)

Ozzisk8tr
04-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Evan went down a whole lot of pegs on my board with those comments. After being so civil about Plush and then a minute later say that about Johnny. What a tool. :rolleyes:

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Evan went down a whole lot of pegs on my board with those comments. After being so civil about Plush and then a minute later say that about Johnny. What a tool. :rolleyes:

Why don't we think about the context? I'd be fcucking pissed too if someone were on some show winking and playing games about me and my personal relationships.

Johnny reaps what he sows.

And he's not on Stars on Ice because he does those things.

And he's no homosexual hero either. I'm so sick of the straight fans who lionize him. He's just a guy who acts out, that isn't gay even if so many of his fans think that's what gay is because they have a narrow homophobic view of things. And they use Johnny to feel all open-minded. Shit.

BlueRidge
04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
except Inoue and Baldwin ;)

Well, that proves my point!

funny how I forgot they existed though... :shuffle:

CynicElle
04-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Evan's comments about Johnny weren't tactful and I kind of wish Evan would stick to the strategy of barely deigning to acknowledge Johnny exists, but Johnny's got a few snarks coming from Evan. If Johnny can't take it, he can quit dishing it out.

Eyre
04-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I kind of cheering for Evan. Enough is enough. Johnny should shut up!:P