PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Stars on Ice tour April/May 2010: articles, fan reports & more!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

tarotx
04-26-2010, 06:32 PM

Or a huge Weir fan?

Ding Ding Ding!! Actually I don't know but it is what I first thought too!:lol:

jlai
04-26-2010, 06:33 PM
The writer did not mention what was the reaction of the big audience

To be fair, reviews by critics often differ from public opinions. (think book/film reviews) ;) Yup, I agree with Debbie S completely re: FSU, Viktor's MJ # and the backflip. :lol:

I think poor reviews aren't a bad thing; if all reviews have to be pc and nice, there's no point in reviewing. But yeah, better sources plz.

Debbie S
04-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Or a huge Weir fan?LOL! Yeah, that's another possibility, although in that case, I would have expected her to also either 1) bash Jeremy along with Evan, or 2) claim Evan wasn't entertaining b/c he did jumps. :lol:

MikiAndoFan#1
04-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Thank you for your report, paskatefan!

:cheer2:

Are there any photos of the show?

snoopysnake
04-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks, skamper for your review! We saw the show again in Wilkes-barre yesterday afternoon, and really enjoyed it. Miki Ando was our guest skater, and she did her "Cleopatra" program spot on. Sasha was superb in both programs, and I could watch Yuka forever. I have to say that my most favorite program from this season's tour is Tanith & Ben's "If It Kills Me." However, there are SO many programs and skaters that I really like on this tour. I do hope that the three tours (Japan/US/Canada) don't overlap next season! We want our international skaters too - ITA with you, smurfy!

Which Cleopatra dress did Miki wear? My favorite was the one with the snakes (IIRC from GP Final.)

paskatefan
04-26-2010, 08:12 PM
The blue/green one. I hope we get some decent pictures from the show.

Frau Muller
04-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Stars on Ice less lustrous than usual
http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=925194&category=ARTS

That review was spot-on. She and I disagree only in the B/A and D/W quartet, which she enjoyed but I and many others found to be blahse.

JamieElena
04-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Wasn't that the day that he was at the emergency room in the afternoon with a concussion from practicing for DWTS?

Yes it was the very same day....my sis & I were able to be at the Albany show and I thought Evan skated great. It was fun to be receiving all the skaters tweets when we were en route to Albany. I am by no means a diehard Evan fan and I often agree with those who criticize his height and "gangliness", but he is enjoyable nonetheless and ever since seeing him win Worlds, his confidence visibly increases each successive time I see him.

Other random notes:

We got lucky enough for someone to hand us a 40% off coupon from the Entertainment book so we got 5th row end seats for $72 for two seats. That was cool.

We both enjoyed all the numbers especially D&W's OD, the group number before intermission and the Alissa/Sasha duet was beyond elegant.

This season seemed more like a Champions on Ice tour than a Stars on Ice tour....which was fine by me. My pics are here (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2039901&id=1306522743&l=42ba792cbd), enjoy! :)

~tapdancer~
04-26-2010, 11:31 PM
I saw Evan's "Man in the Mirror" live and not once did I even think of MJ...that wasn't the point! What I saw was amazing skating and an Olympic champion on the ice. He was awesome, it was definitely one of the highlights of the show.

Debbie S
04-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Sam/Bates have been added to the Detroit and Cincinnati shows. Good for them!

There is also a new blog up on the website, including a pic of B/A demonstrating lift technique to Evan and Anna.

paskatefan
04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Sam/Bates have been added to the Detroit and Cincinnati shows. Good for them!

There is also a new blog up on the website, including a pic of B/A demonstrating lift technique to Evan and Anna.

Oh, that's all good news! Thanks!:)

JacksonSnow
04-27-2010, 08:37 PM
I agree Wylie.

judiz
04-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Evan gave an interview while in Albany to promote SOI and had some comments on Johnny and SOI

http://indianapolis.metromix.com/events/article/q-and-a-with/1911540/content

jlai
04-28-2010, 03:25 AM
I understand Evan's reaction though I don't agree with the best of the best thing. It's definitely about the best fit though

caseyedwards
04-28-2010, 03:30 AM
Weir was national champion!!! And frequent -very frequent medalist! How can someone like him not be considered the best of the best? This is puzzling! There are people on the tour who don't have half the medals Weir does. That is just a fact.