PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Stars on Ice tour April/May 2010: articles, fan reports & more!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

~tapdancer~
04-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Reading these reviews makes me wish we had Festa on Ice instead, Yu Na's ice show, plus she took all the hot guys: Kulik, Joubert, Verner. That's why we're left with Lysacek.
I was thrilled to be "left with Lysacek". Seeing him skate left me breathless, he was incredible to watch live. Even my husband, a casual skating fan, said "now that's an Olympic champion". We were very impressed.

moebius
04-21-2010, 03:18 AM
I have to admit, of the 3 skating shows I went to in the span of one week (Ice Chips, SOI, and Evening with Champions), I think SOI was my least favorite. :shuffle:

Off-topic, but I like your username, moebius - is it after the moebius band?

I got the name from 'moebius strip' , a mathmatical term for an object with one surface and one edge.

moebius
04-21-2010, 03:23 AM
Yes, that's why we're left with the brand-new Olympic champion. Poor us. :lol:

Yes, poor us who pay big bucks to snooze.

literaryfreak
04-21-2010, 03:29 AM
I got the name from 'moebius strip' , a mathmatical term for an object with one surface and one edge.

Ah, sorry, that's what I meant. I tend to use "strip" and "band" in reference to it interchangeably. Moebius strips are one of my favorite mathematical objects and have been for a long time. :)

Ajax
04-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Yes, that's why we're left with the brand-new Olympic champion. Poor us. :lol:

Who doesn't even show up for half the shows... :(

JillyBean
04-21-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm thrilled that Shen and Zhao were added to the Austin show! And thanks to someone upthread who mentioned that there is a AAA discount ... it was all I needed to get a ticket last week and now I'm even more excited about seeing the show.

4skating, did you have to call to get the AAA discount? Or is there a place to enter it online?

literaryfreak
04-21-2010, 07:17 PM
4skating, did you have to call to get the AAA discount? Or is there a place to enter it online?

I had to call to get the discount for the Boston show. There wasn't any place on the ticketmaster SOI page for AAA discounts for me.

Garden Kitty
04-21-2010, 07:20 PM

It's discussed on the SOI website: (http://www.starsonice.com/figure-skating/?content=discounts_and_promotions)

AAA DISCOUNT: AAA members in the U.S. receive 50% off all tickets priced $53 and under. Discount tickets available at the Arena Box Office upon presentation of AAA Membership Card or by calling Ticket Agency Charge-By-Phone number and requesting the AAA discount and then reciting first six digits of AAA membership number. AAA discount tickets are not available online, at ticket outlets or at AAA local offices.

hongligl
04-21-2010, 09:47 PM
I noticed that Pang and Tong have been taken off the official Stars on Ice website. They had been scheduled to perform in some of the Eastern shows in late April.

I read that Pang had been very sick and just getting a little bit better and return to the ice for recovery training.

nashvilledancer
04-23-2010, 04:00 AM
Don't know what the protocol is for posting a tweet, but here's one from tonight:

Michael Buckley buckhollywood

Wow. Jeremy Abbott skated amazing. Lots of jumps including a triple Axel.

Garden Kitty
04-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I had two friends who went to Bridgeport - one who is more interested than the other but neither are hard core fans - and they loved the show. They said it was just a wonderful night.

HeatherC
04-24-2010, 06:19 PM
:sekret: tell me that Amanda & Mark are skating in two SOI shows coming up soon. They will be in St. Paul (which is so great for Mark's family and friends that they can come see them there!) and Kansas City. I am SOOOOO excited for them! :cheer:

Wyliefan
04-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Any reviews of Ashley's performance? I don't even know what she was going to skate to.

dinakt
04-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Could somebody tell me how long the show is ( as exact as possible) and what are the last couple of numbers? ( I might have to rush home before it is over, but there are people I simply cannot miss- Abbott and D/W, for example).

Sylvia
04-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Any reviews of Ashley's performance? I don't even know what she was going to skate to.
"Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilera, according to the SOI music list: http://www.starsonice.com/figure-skating/?content=music

:sekret: tell me that Amanda & Mark are skating in two SOI shows coming up soon. They will be in St. Paul (which is so great for Mark's family and friends that they can come see them there!) and Kansas City.
Thanks, Heather. Good for them! :)