PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Stars on Ice tour April/May 2010: articles, fan reports & more!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Wyliefan
04-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Just heard about Ashley's guest spot in Bridgeport -- maybe it was in this thread somewhere, but I missed it. Lucky Bridgeporters! (Bridgeportians?)

kubo
04-20-2010, 01:20 AM
I noticed that Pang and Tong have been taken off the official Stars on Ice website. They had been scheduled to perform in some of the Eastern shows in late April.

skamper23
04-20-2010, 02:18 AM
I know, I was looking forward to seeing them at the Albany show....not anymore I guess.

paskatefan
04-20-2010, 03:33 AM
That's too bad. :( It would have been great to see Pang & Tong.

According ot the SOI website, there are now two dates for Miki Ando - 4/25 in Wilkes-Barre, Pa and 4/27 in Toledo, Ohio. :)

moebius
04-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Reading these reviews makes me wish we had Festa on Ice instead, Yu Na's ice show, plus she took all the hot guys: Kulik, Joubert, Verner. That's why we're left with Lysacek.

Willowway
04-20-2010, 05:20 AM
As a Kulik fan, I'm disappointed that after all of his fabulous work for them they couldn't find a place for him this season. I know that their emphasis is on the kids and Americans this year and I get that. There are some seasoned professionals that have an amazing amount to offer and in Festa On Ice if you've seen the videos (his programs are on Youtube), Ilia proved it yet one more time. He was fantastic and yes, extremely hot! I hope things change a bit next year.

literaryfreak
04-20-2010, 05:22 AM
I have to admit, of the 3 skating shows I went to in the span of one week (Ice Chips, SOI, and Evening with Champions), I think SOI was my least favorite. :shuffle:

Off-topic, but I like your username, moebius - is it after the moebius band?

Wyliefan
04-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Reading these reviews makes me wish we had Festa on Ice instead, Yu Na's ice show, plus she took all the hot guys: Kulik, Joubert, Verner. That's why we're left with Lysacek.

Yes, that's why we're left with the brand-new Olympic champion. Poor us. :lol:

Anyway, do we even know whether Ilia wanted a spot? He and Katia seem to be so careful all the time about their touring arrangements, with the kids to consider. And Festa on Ice only lasts a few days, right?

Willowway
04-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Right Wyliefan. Ilia has indeed said publicly that full-time touring doesn't work well with family obligations but I was thinking of a guest spot for at least a few stops - he has done that with them before and he has said publicly that that sort of arrangement works well for him to keep a balance between work and family

When I asked his people about the 2010 SOI possibilities, the answer was that they had not heard from SOI for this tour. So there you have it - regardless of what he might have wanted (and I wouldn't know what he wanted) he had no options anyhow. Also, in a late 2009 interview with IFS he commented notably that he keeps in performing shape so he can accept offers.

As I said, I hope they find a role for him next year - his work as a soloist and in group numbers is still just fabulous. Just for the fun of the gasp-factor (from last weekend's FOI)

http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=theme_gallery&no=1275988&nsk=1.1271741524.376d0ace05a39b98159f8930747c6dd4 keep scrolling and you get the whole sequence, great photographer whoever it is.

CynicElle
04-20-2010, 05:35 PM
As I said, I hope they find a role for him next year - his work as a soloist and in group numbers is still just fabulous.

Couldn't agree more. I enjoyed SOI this year and was quite happy to be stuck with Evan :rolleyes:, but Ilia was truly missed. He was wonderful in the 2008 show.

love skating
04-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Shen and Zhao have been added to four more stops: Austin, Dallas, Denver and Phoenix. And Ashley Wagner has been added to tonight's Bridgeport show.

ryanbfan
04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Shen and Zhao have been added to four more stops: Austin, Dallas, Denver and Phoenix. And Ashley Wagner has been added to tonight's Bridgeport show.

So excited to see Shen and Zhao in the Dallas show!! :) hooray!

4skating
04-21-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm thrilled that Shen and Zhao were added to the Austin show! And thanks to someone upthread who mentioned that there is a AAA discount ... it was all I needed to get a ticket last week and now I'm even more excited about seeing the show.

Garden Kitty
04-21-2010, 12:29 AM
I know there is an economic limit to the number of skaters they can add, and that they're trying to showcase a lot of the current Olympians, but add me to the list that is always happy to see Ilia skate. His skills are still amazing, and he's a great entertainer.

They may have wanted to highlight Evan as an OGM, but it would have been nice to have Ilia at least at a number of the stops Evan couldn't skate. He's been such a wonderful part of SOI for so many years.

CPWest
04-21-2010, 01:08 AM

good to know that Shen and Zhao will be able to make it to more stops. i attended the Long Island show last Sat and there was no pair performance. Pang and Tong had been scheduled to be there, but they canceled their tour after i bought my ticket. i had been looking forward to their performance on SOI so much!! i hope they can make it next year!!!