PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Stars on Ice tour April/May 2010: articles, fan reports & more!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RD
04-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Does SOI have an autograph session?
I'm dying to get a picture taken with S/Z later in the tour.
Any ideas how I should go about it without being too stalky?

Hmm...just join the fan club, sign up for the M&G and then pray to God that S/Z are among the skaters you get to meet ;)

literaryfreak
04-14-2010, 06:31 AM
So I'm kinda late, but I went to the Boston show. Most of the people in the audience were definitely there for the veterans, like Eldredge and Weiss, you could tell from the roar of applause when their names were announced.

I thought Mirai was delightful, a wonderful performer. Jeremy is an even smoother skater in person than on tv. I wish the music had been louder though, because his LP is definitely the kind where you need to be immersed in it and sucked into, and people walking up and down the aisles to get popcorn is just a tad distracting. I wish there was an explanation of what each of the numbers were, like "this is such-and-such's LP from this year," for those in the audience who aren't rabid figure skating fans and don't already know the numbers by heart, but I guess that's why they want you to buy a program.

Alissa was lovely though she had a weird fall into a split that I wasn't sure was on purpose or not. The duet with Sasha was lovely. Wow, is Sasha flexible...

B/A's solo number was very cute and so very them. I thought the group dance with D/W was cool, especially considering the limited rehearsal time. There were some lifts I hadn't seen from D/W before, and it was interesting seeing these two teams side-by-side.

I LOLed at the eye patch number, gotta admit. Just what does an eye patch have to do with anything?

Yuka's skating was lovely, I loved her Claire de Lune (and would like an ice dance team to use this music!).

All in all, I'm glad I went. I'm glad I had the privilege to see these skaters - they could do crossovers all day long and I'd still watch. (Now if only the ticket were cheaper....)

Vivika posted a link to my videos above, I have a couple more I will try to post when I have the time.

Jaana
04-14-2010, 08:02 AM
I believe that still lots of people in SOI audiences expect the old formula of the whole cast appearing in every show. Everything was more clear in those times. As long as there has been guest skaters there have been complaints on the forums that why does that and that skater not appear in my city... On SOI website one can find the info, in which cities e.g. Evan is appearing:

http://www.starsonice.com/figure-skating/?content=skater&id=1052&name=Evan%20Lysacek

Wyliefan
04-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Alissa was lovely though she had a weird fall into a split that I wasn't sure was on purpose or not.

If we're thinking of the same move, I'm pretty sure it was on purpose. :D My friend and I were completely blown away by it!

HSGP21
04-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Great new interviews on the SOI site:

http://www.starsonice.com/figure-skating/?content=skaters_corner

Spazactaz
04-15-2010, 05:30 AM
anyone know what jumps sasha is trying in her espana cani program? :p

victoriajh
04-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Does SOI have an autograph session?
I'm dying to get a picture taken with S/Z later in the tour.
Any ideas how I should go about it without being too stalky?

thye are very lovley and I think worth stalking! :lol: even if I cant read the autographs they gave me ;)

Chele615
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
If you are a fan club member, they have meet and greet opportunities after every show. However, you aren't guaranteed specific cast members. And only the fan club member is allowed in it sounds like....no guests allowed.

jlai
04-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Olympians visiting Reading with Stars on Ice tour
http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=212781

flyingsit
04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
anyone know what jumps sasha is trying in her espana cani program? :p

In DC she did triple toe (fall) and double axel.

skipaway
04-15-2010, 03:41 PM
In DC she did triple toe (fall) and double axel.

same in Raleigh.

literaryfreak
04-15-2010, 05:16 PM
If we're thinking of the same move, I'm pretty sure it was on purpose. :D My friend and I were completely blown away by it!

I can't remember what dance it was from, now. Maybe "I Like The Way You Move?" Ok, that makes me feel better, because whatever she did looked painful, so better that it's on purpose (and hence hopefully not painful?).

Wyliefan
04-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Yes, that's the one.

Casey2
04-17-2010, 10:13 PM
I caught the show in Reading PA on Friday (4/16). Did not see the sense in Ben's guitar numbers (unless the cast needed time to change costumes). I pretty much agree with what has already been posted. I thought that Sasha and Alissa's duet would have been better if they'd done some 'pairs' moves: spirals, Ena Bauers, spread eagles. We did get to see Evan and he looked really good. It was Nagasu's 17th birthday and at one point she was wearing a tiara. Cute. I thought the show was good, attendance pretty good-seats at the 'cast entrance end' was really sparce.

By the way, the drive to Reading from the Philly area is pretty easy and the arena has no really bad seats. This time we stayed at the Abe Lincoln (in town) and walked to and from the arena. Last time (Marshall's) we endured gridlock getting out of town (West) to our motel. Mr. C and I thought that from our house, it was easier than going to Philly (not that SOI is coming to Philly this year), paying $$$ to park, and then trying to exit the lots and enter the expressways. JMO.

paskatefan
04-18-2010, 10:56 AM
I didn't mind Ben's guitar solos at all (OK, I love seeing Tanith & Ben). Ben has a very engaging personality. Seeing Meryl & Charlie do their Indian OD and duet with Tanith & Ben was great. The audience in Reading was very enthusiastic and receptive. We're so glad we had a chance to attend another show.

The Fan Club Meet & Greet was a lot less hectic in Reading than in NJ. It was less crowded, and therefore more manageable. We got to talk to Mike, Alissa, and Evan. They were all very friendly & gracious, spoke with each fan club participant for a few minutes signed autographs, and posed for pictures.