PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Horror Movies

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MikiAndoFan#1
03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Please post some of your favourite horror movies! I'm on Spring break and I'm really bored!

:P

A couple of days ago, I watched Dark Water (the US version) and Death Bell (a South Korean movie). Dark Water was ok, but I absolutely loved Death Bell!

nubka
03-31-2010, 06:25 PM
Nosferatu (Klaus Kinski version)
Frankenstein (Karloff)
Bride of Frankenstein (Karloff)
Dracula (Lugosi)
The Shining

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: !!!

GarrAarghHrumph
03-31-2010, 06:27 PM
American Warewolf in London has to be one of the best. It's got everything - good acting, cute guys, funny, horror.

I also really like Shaun of the Dead. I guess I like funny with my horror.

I highly recommend both.

bobalina77
03-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Any of the Saw movies. I liked that there were reasons behind the way people were killed, and I like any movies where people are killed in creative ways. Not sure what that says about me haha.

Satellitegirl
03-31-2010, 07:05 PM
John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness

One of the scariest movies I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1OSAYwslu4

Another one I liked was Invasion of the Bodysnatchers from the 1970's with Donald Sutherland in it.

Cyn
03-31-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm not much into horror flicks (though it seems all the kids at MiniCyn's school love them).

The ones that scared the crap out of me were The Shining, The Exorcist, Silence of the Lambs, and Rosemary's Baby.

I tried watching Saw (stumbled on it by accident) and nearly freaked the feck out :yikes: :scream: . I just don't understand how anyone can derive pleasure from watching people being tortured. Scared is one thing, but those kinds of movies take it to a whole new level.

I also watched 8mm one night and had nightmares afterwards :scream: .

Tinami Amori
03-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Norsferatu
Stone Women’s Mill
The Wicker Man (original)
Eugenie
Diabolique (original)
Justine of Marquis De Sade
Mask of Satan (Dark Sunday)

BigB08822
03-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh I just love horror films! My favorite classics are:

Nightmare on Elm Street (especially #3 Dream Warriors with Patricia Arquette)
Friday the 13th
Burnt Offerings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqgcQwQmdec) (looks like the whole thing is uploaded!)
Poltergeist
Halloween (not all of them, mainly the first two and I also enjoyed the remakes)

Some of my other favorites (foreign, more recent, etc.)

High Tension (Haute Tension) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCP0nHopT7Y)
Audition
Paranormal Activity
Saw (only the first few, the franchise ran its course a long time ago, IMO)

I know I have a lot more but I need to think some more on it!

orbitz
03-31-2010, 07:41 PM
I hate horror films but one of the best is the original "Halloween". That iconic music and white mask are downright creepy.

You might enjoy "The Others" if you don't already know the ending. It's kind of slow though.

Today horror movies rely graphic gores to shock and scare audience. They really don't know to make them like they used to anymore.

Satellitegirl
03-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Today horror movies rely graphic gores to shock and scare audience. They really don't know to make them like they used to anymore.

Agreed. There's very little creativity to scare and create a very eerie mood anymore. It's either blood and gore, or blatant around the corner scare tactics. Not to mention they always create "happy endings" to most scary movies these days.

Auntie
03-31-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm sure it looks cheesy now, but Burnt Offerings made a big impression on me when I was a teen. Same with Carrie.

On of my favorites from recent years is The Others.

Like Cyn, I like scary, not grotesque.

Megi
03-31-2010, 07:44 PM
"Candyman" is my favourite. :scream:

Icetalavista
03-31-2010, 07:52 PM
For pure cheesy fun the classic "Night of the Living Dead" can't be beat
Also: The Pit and the Pendulum
Any of the Bela Lugosi Dracula movies. They combine genuine creepiness with godawful visual effects
I loved "Let the Right One In" - it's a Swedish vampire movie. True creepiness, revenge, all the stuff you want in a horror movie

BigB08822
03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
I loved "Let the Right One In" - it's a Swedish vampire movie. True creepiness, revenge, all the stuff you want in a horror movie

I've had this movie burned onto my computer for months and months and have yet to watch it! Maybe tonight!

GarrAarghHrumph
03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
For pure "OMFG", The Exorcist can not be beat.