PDA

View Full Version : Jamie's Food Revolution USA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

luenatic
04-07-2010, 08:32 PM
I wish that he'd put that chicken and veggie stir fry recipie that he served to the HS kids this past episode up on his site. That looked delicious.

Be creative and cook it your own way! Honestly, stir fry really doesn't need recipe. But there are general rules of thumb:

1. Marinate and brown (aka stir fry) the meat first. When it's done, side it aside
2. Stir fry the veggies to your liking. Add garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce to taste.
3. Put the meat back in and stir fry couple minutes more.

Ta-da!

Habs
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Be creative and cook it your own way! Honestly, stir fry really doesn't need recipe. But there are general rules of thumb:

1. Marinate and brown (aka stir fry) the meat first. When it's done, side it aside
2. Stir fry the veggies to your liking. Add garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce to taste.
3. Put the meat back in and stir fry couple minutes more.

Ta-da!

I know how to make a stir fry.... but Jamie's looked better than mine! ;)

luenatic
04-19-2010, 05:32 PM
I got the Revolution Cookbook last week! I tried 2 recipes (with my twist of modification). They turned out pretty good.

4rkidz
04-20-2010, 03:30 AM
I haven't has a chance to use my FR cookbook yet. So many things sound fab, though!

I wish that he'd put that chicken and veggie stir fry recipie that he served to the HS kids this past episode up on his site. That looked delicious.

I actually went out and bought fresh fish, meat and flash frozen veggies because he so motivated me to improve my eating habits :shuffle: I would also love that recipe it looked yummy.. what really annoyed me was when they kept calling fries a 'vegetable' :wall:

4rkidz
04-20-2010, 03:30 AM
I know how to make a stir fry.... but Jamie's looked better than mine! ;)

he had ginger and some other things that made it less blahh..

allezfred
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM
The first episode of this aired last night in the UK (we get the British channels here too).

Pizza and flavoured milk for breakfast? :eek: And then the "cooks" got all :mad: that they thought Jamie Oliver was calling them "ignorant and stupid". If you are involved in feeding that kind of crap to children and think that it is nutritionally sound then yes I'm afraid you are ignorant and stupid. :P

I think my favourite part though was when Jamie started crying in the playground. PML :rofl: :EVILLE:

Jenny
09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Are you talking about the American or UK version?

The American one just won an Emmy - http://www.emmys.com/nominations?tid=109

allezfred
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Are you talking about the American or UK version?

The American one just won an Emmy - http://www.emmys.com/nominations?tid=109

The American. Schools in the UK don't serve pizza for breakfast as far as I'm aware. :lol:

jeffisjeff
09-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Pizza and flavoured milk for breakfast? :eek: And then the "cooks" got all :mad: that they thought Jamie Oliver was calling them "ignorant and stupid". If you are involved in feeding that kind of crap to children and think that it is nutritionally sound then yes I'm afraid you are ignorant and stupid. :P

American school lunches are a disaster.

I never got to experience school lunches in Ireland, but we did get to experience the lunches at my kids' daycare there. What a difference! Lamb stew (Ireland) vs. french toast sticks (US). It is no wonder that my son (whose eating habits were primarily formed in Ireland) is a much better eater than my daughter, who spent the past two years in a US day care. My son likes a wide variety of foods, and always wants to try new things. My daughter wants spaghetti hoops everyday. :lol:

Of course, I know that some will say that my daughter's eating habits are my own fault. That may be true, but I do try! Really!

allezfred
09-14-2010, 04:52 PM
I never got to experience school lunches in Ireland

Unless things have dramatically changed since I was at school (and I'm pretty sure they haven't), Irish schools don't tend to have school lunches. Children generally bring their own. Or if you lived nearby the school, you could go home for lunch.

The only other school system that I am familiar with is Japan and practically all primary school provide a school lunch. I found the following blog in English with photos and descriptions of the lunches:

http://kyuushoku.blogspot.com/

Allskate
09-14-2010, 05:19 PM
I read somewhere that Jamie is going to be doing a new series of the show in L.A..

znachki
09-14-2010, 06:43 PM
I read somewhere that Jamie is going to be doing a new series of the show in L.A..

Yep - and won't THAT be interesting! Land of anorexic actresses, and fad diets. I wonder if they'll be in the LA public schools. I'm sure that the schools are horribly underfunded and that in the midst of all of the agricultural bounty in the state, the lunches are awful.

btw - on the topic of getting kids to eat stuff. My mom always made us eat a small spoonful of vegies we didn't like - and if we said anything - we'd get more! The technique to get by that is lots of milk to wash it down!

skatesindreams
09-14-2010, 06:53 PM

I hope that he receives more cooperation than he did in West Virginia; but, somehow, I doubt it!

Habs
09-14-2010, 07:01 PM

I'm excited to see the new series. :respec: Jamie!

jeffisjeff
09-14-2010, 07:04 PM
The only other school system that I am familiar with is Japan and practically all primary school provide a school lunch. I found the following blog in English with photos and descriptions of the lunches:

http://kyuushoku.blogspot.com/

I love the header:

The first and only English language blog devoted to Japanese school lunches!

Shocking!

From the photos it seems that they have pizza toast in Japan. That made me giggle for some reason.