PDA

View Full Version : New Rochette article

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Aussie Willy
04-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks for posting that program. It was really from the heart.

pinky166
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing the link

Rock2
04-15-2010, 11:31 PM
I think programs like this show us why Joannie shouldn't quit skating yet. For better or for worse, emotional experiences -- both positive and negative -- bring a new dimension to a skater's performances.
For Joannie specifically, introspective programs suit her well so the impact here is particularly poignant.

There is much here I'd like to see her pull into her competitive skating. I hope Joannie feels as I do that her experiences can help develop her skating on both show and competition ice...and as a result we see her at nationals and worlds at least, if she can't recover and ramp up in time for a full GP season.

museksk8r
04-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Joannie's incredible new exhibition to "My Immortal" by Evanescence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zuM4bDVixY

Mesmerizing. Simple Mesmerizing.

For all her doubters, this is why she is an Olympic and World medalist! What magnificent edge work, grace, strength, command, and vulnerability she shows in this exhibition piece, my favorite exhibition of her's by far, ever, and honestly, my favorite exhibition by a lady since Kwan's Fields of Gold! I sincerely hope Rochette stays in and attempts to win a World Championship title if she has the desire and good health to do so. Way to go, Jo! BEAUTIFUL! :cheer2::swoon:

masofs
04-15-2010, 11:44 PM
For all her doubters, this is why she is an Olympic and World medalist! What magnificent edge work, grace, strength, command, and vulnerability she shows in this exhibition piece, my favorite exhibition of her's by far, ever, and honestly, my favorite exhibition by a lady since Kwan's Fields of Gold! I sincerely hope Rochette stays in and attempts to win a World Championship title if she has the desire and good health to do so. Way to go, Jo! BEAUTIFUL! :cheer2::swoon:

Yes, it's so beautiful and emotional. My favorite exhibition of her's is still Summertime but I really love this one too. :swoon:

shine
04-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Wow, that was probably the most beautiful performance I've seen Joannie give, ever. Just breathtaking. Here's a better version of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWycUL02yNM

And I echo those who don't want her to quit eligible skating. Her skating has truly blossomed in the last couple of years and she's just coming into her own now. She has many more beautiful performances in her.

tapper88
04-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Thank you for posting that! I wonder what the commentators were saying? Haunting and powerful performance; the words so relavent to her. I'm glad she didn't do an upbeat song this tour, this is probably more relevant and therapeutic to her.

Tony Wheeler
04-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Surprise.. Joannie actually choreographed this program herself. Absolutely amazing.

masofs
04-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Surprise.. Joannie actually choreographed this program herself. Absolutely amazing.

Awwww! She is so amazing! :swoon:

venja
04-16-2010, 05:32 PM
While Joannie skates heavily, I love it. It totally suits her. The raw power, deep edges, smooth velvet-like stroking, control and polish - it's all kinds of awesome.

I agree with Rock2 that I would like to see her pull in more into her competitive skating. Shae has brought her artistry into another level, and I feel that her personality on ice and is still developing. Her Shakira performance is an example of her personality coming out more. Just let it all out or bring a bit of emotion onto the ice.

With that said, I hope that she competes next year!

RockTheTassel
04-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow, that was probably the most beautiful performance I've seen Joannie give, ever. Just breathtaking. Here's a better version of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWycUL02yNM

And I echo those who don't want her to quit eligible skating. Her skating has truly blossomed in the last couple of years and she's just coming into her own now. She has many more beautiful performances in her.

That was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for posting the video.

I also really hope she stays. She's one of the most polished, beautiful skaters currently competing.

museksk8r
04-16-2010, 06:46 PM

:cool: Very impressive! I dare say it's the best choreography I've ever seen her do in competition or exhibition. I guess the old saying is true - no one knows you better than yourself. ;)

AragornElessar
04-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Oooooh....Love, love, love that loooong back edge spiral Joannie holds there. Perfect w/the music. This gave me the chills and can't wait to see her and the rest of the cast in Toronto next week!!

Thanks for those who posted the links!!

TalentedButHumble
04-23-2010, 03:13 AM
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/life/health/joannie-rochette-pairs-with-ott-institute-to-help-fight-heart-disease-in-women-91867164.html
Olympic figure skating heroine Joannie Rochette is teaming with an Ottawa cardiac centre to help promote awareness of heart disease in women.

The University of Ottawa Heart Institute announced Thursday that Rochette will be at the centre Saturday to launch a campaign to reshape women's attitudes toward heart disease and to assist in raising funds for projects aiming to ultimately end the disease.

:respec:

AxelAnnie
04-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Thank you for that....it is brilliant....perfect and priceless!