PDA

View Full Version : Frank Carroll eventually to relocate to a new rink near Palm Springs, CA

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Nekatiivi
03-29-2010, 03:33 PM
SO?

Significant other ;).

Ziggy
03-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Heh thanks, I've never seen that abbreviation used before. :P

Sylvia
03-29-2010, 03:36 PM
A little more info, posted by another person affiliated with TSC in El Segundo:

Beginning April 10, Frank Carroll will no longer be on staff at Toyota Sports Center. He will be back there for the Summer program. Other than that time, he will be working in Lake Arrowhead, which is affiliated with a new desert facility that is scheduled to open in the fall near his home in Palm Springs.
Nagasu is currently scheduled to perform in all the SOI tour dates in April, followed by 2 southern California stops in late May.

MikiAndoFan#1
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
And what about school? Will Mirai be doing this trip back and forth everyday? It will be exhausting.

Really
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't think Mirai would need him every day for practice. She's not a novice skater. They can decide what they want her to work on, even if it's off ice, and she can meet with him maybe weekly if need be until it gets closer to comps.That was my thought too. Most skaters probably could cut costs by not having lessons every day. There certainly is merit to being able to practice on one's own! If she doesn't want to move, there are ways to work around it.

barbk
03-29-2010, 04:16 PM
And what about school? Will Mirai be doing this trip back and forth everyday? It will be exhausting.

I thought she did on-line school? If not, she certainly could. She's already said that she's not especially school-oriented.

Iceman
03-29-2010, 04:18 PM
I'll be surprised if the rink opens as scheduled. Does Frank have any family---brothers, sisters, etc?

pinky166
03-29-2010, 04:21 PM
I thought she did on-line school? If not, she certainly could. She's already said that she's not especially school-oriented.

She does school online through connections academy so I don't think moving would be a huge issue for her. She seems pretty self sufficient, and it wouldn't be for a couple years anyways. She's turning 17 in two weeks so by the time the rink opens she'll be 19 and would likely be fine living by herself, she might even like getting away. I think she plans on taking a few years off after she graduates before going to college, and seems to be interested in art and fashion, so she might end up at an art or design school anyways, and realistically that may not happen until after the 2014 Olympics.

MikiAndoFan#1
03-29-2010, 04:31 PM

Oh, I didn't know that.

pinky166
03-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Oh, I didn't know that.

Just started this year when she switched to the rink that was farther away. Last year apparently she rarely got enough sleep because she was up so late doing homework all the time.

BlueRidge
03-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Does Mirai graduate high school this year or next?

MikiAndoFan#1
03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Just started this year when she switched to the rink that was farther away. Last year apparently she rarely got enough sleep because she was up so late doing homework all the time.

Aw, poor girl.

:(

Being a figure skater and a high school student must be so hard.

MysticHaze
03-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Aw, poor girl.

:(

Being a figure skater and a high school student must be so hard.

Unless you are Rachel Flatt!! ;)

pinky166
03-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Does Mirai graduate high school this year or next?

Next year. She's a junior, the class of 2011. Her birthday is in a few weeks :)

MikiAndoFan#1
03-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Unless you are Rachel Flatt!! ;)

That girl can do it all! Will she be taking a year off skating to go to college?