PDA

View Full Version : Is Bradley retiring?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

personwhoishere
03-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Honestly I didn't think he was going to be the US champ this year, but his progress makes me think it's possible next year if he improves at the same rate. That's why I want him to stay one more year. :)
People might doubt about him wining US title, but when I said Jeremy would be a US champ a few years ago people laughed at me either. ;)

Oh please let it be so!:swoon:

nubka
03-29-2010, 03:28 AM
I totally agree. I might even have been tempted to pay SOI's ridiculous prices if Ryan would have been in the show.

Me, too! He's the only reason I would have paid those prices... :respec:

Ice Queen
03-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Ryan is such a gifted athlete and a true showman. He has this charming way about him, that draws you into his program. His facial expressions are what makes him even more special. So few skaters connect with an audience the way that he does.

Please don't retire Ryan, you have so much more to do yet in this sport.

pinky166
03-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Ryan is such a gifted athlete and a true showman. He has this charming way about him, that draws you into his program. His facial expressions are what makes him even more special. So few skaters connect with an audience the way that he does.

Please don't retire Ryan, you have so much more to do yet in this sport.

Yep. Ryan and Tomas are the best showmen out there, have you seen their exhbition pieces? Just brilliant :D. It's such a shame they don't deliver more often :(

Dee2e
03-29-2010, 04:44 PM
I want Ryan to do what he wants to do! It's not about the fans but about what works for Ryan at this point in his life.

Ryan has really grown with his skating this season and has been enjoyable to watch but if he is not enjoying himself or can't fund another year or just doesn't want to skate competitively, then I will be the first to wish him the best that life has to offer!

jlai
03-29-2010, 05:57 PM
:respec:

Snowflake3939
03-29-2010, 06:08 PM
I read an article just after US Nationals where Ryan said that he is learning a lot about edges and stroking from watching Patrick Chan when he's training at the same facility and that he's in total awe of Patrick's skating skills.

When we were at US Nationals, LoisV told Ryan that when he's done with competitive skating, we'd like to start a letter writing campaign to get him on SOI. LOL! Ryan's answer "never mind when I'm done skating competitively, I wouldn't mind skating in SOI, now, so you can start that letter any time".

nubka
03-29-2010, 06:31 PM
I want Ryan to do what he wants to do! It's not about the fans but about what works for Ryan at this point in his life.

Ryan has really grown with his skating this season and has been enjoyable to watch but if he is not enjoying himself or can't fund another year or just doesn't want to skate competitively, then I will be the first to wish him the best that life has to offer!

I think that most people that support Ryan, would only want him to keep competing if it was what he really wanted... :rolleyes:

IceKween
03-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Honestly I didn't think he was going to be the US champ this year, but his progress makes me think it's possible next year if he improves at the same rate. That's why I want him to stay one more year.

He noticeably improved in his skating this year. It's a shame he didn't get the right coaching five years ago. Heck, I remember him winning the audience ten years ago at Nationals. He just stagnated. Isn't there anyone in ColoradoSpgs that teaches strong basic skating? It's affected Rachael Flatt, and many others too.
He's also a very good showman, and has many crowd-pleasing tricks. I saw him one time do a side flip that was amazing. He's got game, and any tour should snatch him up.

ncskatefan
03-30-2010, 02:34 AM
love ryan. love his skating and his beautiful butt.

blue_idealist
03-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Grant Hochstein, Keegan Messing, Ross Miner, Richard Dornbush, Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Doug Razzano, Max Aaron, Joshua Farris, Jason Brown.....

I'd only consider them outside chances, not much threat to him at all. I haven't even HEARD of half of them (I'm not American though).

jlai
04-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Miner could be a threat next year. Will see.

dinakt
04-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Grant Hochstein, Keegan Messing, Ross Miner, Richard Dornbush, Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Doug Razzano, Max Aaron, Joshua Farris, Jason Brown.....
I am a quiet uber of both Jason Brown ( especially) and Joshua Farris, and think they'll be the ones to "take the torch" from the current champions ( knocking on wood frantically). But they are both 15 and have not even done Junior circuit yet, so for the next 2, 3 years they'll be doing Junior GP and Junior Worlds. They might be a thread for the Sochi team, though.
I totally agree that somebody as charismatic and entertaining as Ryan really should have a future on tour, I'd gladly sign that letter to SOI. If another year might help him to get there, I hope he stays- but it will not be easy for him with Abbott, Rippon, Mroz and possibility of Evan/ Johnny still competing. Without Evan and Johnny thre is a good chance, though Mroz might come back roaring.

Sylvia
04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
I am a quiet uber of both Jason Brown ( especially) and Joshua Farris, and think they'll be the ones to "take the torch" from the current champions ( knocking on wood frantically). But they are both 15 and have not even done Junior circuit yet, so for the next 2, 3 years they'll be doing Junior GP and Junior Worlds.
Farris debuted on the JGP this past season and placed 4th and 5th in 2 strong fields (Lake Placid & Turkey), landing the 3A in both competitions.

Brown just had his international debut at Gardena Spring Trophy this past weekend and won with an impressive score (197+) -- here's the link to the event thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71498
He was quoted after winning the Junior title at Nationals that he may not move up to senior nationally unless he gets the 3A, but he certainly hasn't needed it to be successful so far.

Back to Ryan Bradley -- he is currently ranked #26 in the ISU World Standings and #25 on the Season Best scores list, so he is very likely to get at least 1, if not 2, Grand Prix assignments this fall if he chooses to continue competing.

pinky166
04-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Farris debuted on the JGP this past season and placed 4th and 5th in 2 strong fields (Lake Placid & Turkey), landing the 3A in both competitions.

Brown just had his international debut at Gardena Spring Trophy this past weekend and won with an impressive score (197+) -- here's the link to the event thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71498
He was quoted after winning the Junior title at Nationals that he may not move up to senior nationally unless he gets the 3A, but he certainly hasn't needed it to be successful so far.

Back to Ryan Bradley -- he is currently ranked #26 in the ISU World Standings and #25 on the Season Best scores list, so he is very likely to get at least 1, if not 2, Grand Prix assignments this fall if he chooses to continue competing.

I hope he continues!