PDA

View Full Version : Rachael's plans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

isamelia
05-11-2011, 05:46 PM
I think Rachael will have better results in the 2011-2012 skating season than this past year. By managing her time efficiently between school and skating, she will be less prone to overuse injuries. I don't underestimate her time management skills, fierce determination and extremely high intellect. I wish she had not taken this year off from school so she would be that much further along with the balancing act. But I respect her choices. She is a role model for other skaters with high academic goals.

victoriaheidi
05-11-2011, 06:12 PM
I think Rachael will have better results in the 2011-2012 skating season than this past year. By managing her time efficiently between school and skating, she will be less prone to overuse injuries. I don't underestimate her time management skills, fierce determination and extremely high intellect. I wish she had not taken this year off from school so she would be that much further along with the balancing act. But I respect her choices. She is a role model for other skaters with high academic goals.

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad Rachael took a year off. If she was anywhere near as stressed at the end of her senior year as I currently am, it was probably very nice for her to have some time to herself...even if she did push herself into overuse injuries. But having a little bit of free time to relax and pull a normal night's sleep is amazing, and I'm sure Rachael got a taste of that this year.

Sylvia
07-11-2011, 02:58 PM
I thought this was a better thread to use for these questions...

Any word on a coach for Rachael? We're creeping into mid-July here and I haven't seen any news. She will be quite busy with classes starting sometime in August, so I'd assume she's focusing on getting her skating life together now.

Also, anyone know if she's already in CA? Sorry, if this has been addressed already
Flatt tweeted over the weekend that she has a new long program (she worked with Lori Nichol in Toronto last week) and that she did a run through of it at the World Arena in Colorado Springs.

Stanford's new freshmen are due to arrive on campus in mid-September. Classes for the Autumn Quarter start on Sept. 20, according to the University website.

azskatefan
07-11-2011, 03:03 PM
New undergraduates report to Stanford on September 20, as they are on the quarter system, so Rachael still has some time before she needs to relocate.

RD
07-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Sept 20th? wow, that's kinda late.

IceAlisa
07-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Sept 20th? wow, that's kinda late.

That's the quarter system. Academic year also ends late.

olympic
07-11-2011, 05:01 PM
I thought this was a better thread to use for these questions...

Flatt tweeted over the weekend that she has a new long program (she worked with Lori Nichol in Toronto last week) and that she did a run through of it at the World Arena in Colorado Springs.

Stanford's new freshmen are due to arrive on campus in mid-September. Classes for the Autumn Quarter start on Sept. 20, according to the University website.

OK. Great. She's rid herself of 'Slaughter on Tenth Ave.' or whatever it's called, I wonder if she'll keep EoE, since she has only had it half a season and still has to realize its full potential? It would save her time, too

Jenna
07-11-2011, 06:19 PM
EoE was great for her IMO, so I'm glad she's keeping it. SOTA, on the other hand, was probably her worst program ever, so I'm thrilled she's ditching it.

kwanatic
07-11-2011, 09:19 PM
EoE was great for her IMO, so I'm glad she's keeping it. SOTA, on the other hand, was probably her worst program ever, so I'm thrilled she's ditching it.

EOE got her pretty decent results (for the most part), but seeing as how she performed it for more than half of the season and got several really good performances out of it, I'm thinking she probably should have moved on to something else. I'm glad Mao is sticking with her Libestraum program b/c, truth be told, she had maybe one or two decent performances with it...and in both instances, she could have done a lot better. Rachael maxed out the potential during her debut at nationals and then again at 4CC. I'd actually prefer to see her do something else, but seeing as how she's a student this year and will be pressed for time, I guess I understand why she's keeping it...

Hopefully since they're sticking to the music, maybe they'll change a bit of the choreography up (namely that bees-are-attacking-me step sequence) and, for the love of eyesight all over the world, I truly hope she tones down that retina-searing yellow disaster dress she wore...:eek:

victoriaheidi
07-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Hopefully since they're sticking to the music, maybe they'll change a bit of the choreography up (namely that bees-are-attacking-me step sequence) and, for the love of eyesight all over the world, I truly hope she tones down that retina-searing yellow disaster dress she wore...:eek:

See, the problem isn't Rachael's size. She's really very tiny. It's her dress sense that gets her into trouble.

Iceman
07-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Considering the score Rachael got for he step sequence base value 3.9, goe 1.85---the highest of the ladies---I don't think she is going to want to mess around with it. Evidently the judges didn't mind the bees!!! lol

olympic
07-11-2011, 10:16 PM
... Evidently the judges didn't mind the bees!!! lol

Contest of the better bees - Flatt's EoE vs. Slutskaya's Tosca :lol:

skatemommy
07-12-2011, 12:43 AM
^ "Flight of the Beekeepers"? :lol:

The Fly On The Wall
07-12-2011, 01:51 AM
EOE got her pretty decent results (for the most part), but seeing as how she performed it for more than half of the season and got several really good performances out of it, I'm thinking she probably should have moved on to something else. I'm glad Mao is sticking with her Libestraum program b/c, truth be told, she had maybe one or two decent performances with it...and in both instances, she could have done a lot better. Rachael maxed out the potential during her debut at nationals and then again at 4CC. I'd actually prefer to see her do something else, but seeing as how she's a student this year and will be pressed for time, I guess I understand why she's keeping it...

Has she actually mentioned that she's keeping it, though, or just not mentioned getting a new one? Do skaters & choreographers generally create two new programs at the same time?

olifaunt
07-12-2011, 02:55 AM
See, the problem isn't Rachael's size. She's really very tiny. It's her dress sense that gets her into trouble.

I seriously question the judgement of that program's costume designer. EoE is a pretty good program but its flaws (and hers) are magnified by that horrible dress. It's not really a subjective thing: she just plain looks bad. She looks great in black (http://images.lifeskate.com/Rachael-Flatt-Rockefeller/11.jpg), and I hope that if she keeps EoE she ditches the yellow screamer for something dark.