PDA

View Full Version : Rachael's plans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

bek
04-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Well, smart as it is, Rachael only has one brain with which to put in such thought.

FSU has many brains, a small percentage of which care enough about the issue to spend time on.

I'm sure she'll consult this thread on FSU before she makes her final decision. :lol: I'm sure that Rachael will make the right choice for no matter what she does!

pinky166
04-05-2010, 09:33 PM
I thought Rachael said she was going to continue skating and try to make it to Sochi.

O-

I think the plan is to try and skate through college, but it's going to be tough. She's also contemplating taking a year off before going to college, and if she does that it will probably be to see if training without having to put so much time and energy into her schoolwork will result in better scores/placements than before, maybe try to win a world medal or make the GPF before she goes to college and knows that her skating career could very well end up being essentially over when she goes.

Anita18
04-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I think the plan is to try and skate through college, but it's going to be tough. She's also contemplating taking a year off before going to college, and if she does that it will probably be to see if training without having to put so much time and energy into her schoolwork will result in better scores/placements than before, maybe try to win a world medal or make the GPF before she goes to college and knows that her skating career could very well end up being essentially over when she goes.
I think that would be a smart move. Test the waters before diving into whichever option she chooses.

azskatefan
04-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Rachael said in January and again in February that those nine colleges were the final ones that she applied to. I just listened to the teleconference again. I have nothing better to do with my time.

moojja
04-05-2010, 11:05 PM
So that means Harvard and one other school did not accept her. WTF? What do you have to do to get in if going to the Olympics and having a 4.0 isn't enough? :)

Most college application is due in the fall. She didn't know she was going to the Olympics then. Of course she could have used the Olympic training as her essay topic. That's unusual and stands out from most essays.

pinky166
04-06-2010, 01:29 AM
I think that would be a smart move. Test the waters before diving into whichever option she chooses.

Yeah, I mean I think she has a pretty good shot at making the World Team next year, but after that it will likely be tougher, especially if she goes to college full time which it sounds like she wants to. If she ends up taking a year off, it could be smart, and if she doesn't do better with the extra time to train it probably means she's past her peak and she'll realize that and go to college with no regrets, but if she has a great season then taking the year off would be worth it. Agnes and Gao are promising but Rachael with good skates could probably edge them out for a spot at Worlds this coming year while they are still so young, and between her and Ashley she does have better consistency, so if she makes the team, she has a another shot, and if she doesn't, she can look forward to college and starting a new chapter in her life.

Sylvia
04-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Rachael Q&A in the Denver Post:
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14940708

azskatefan
04-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Rachael's prom is tomorrow too. :)

sk9tingfan
04-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Who's coaching in Simsbury, CT these days? That's about an hour from New Haven, I think.

Not exactly a hot bed of elite skater coaching these days. The commute from New Haven to Simsbury is probably more than an hour depending upon the time of day/traffic

ros01
04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Don't the Kerrs skate at a rink very near Princeton? Maybe there is a good coach there who Rachael could work with.

Garden Kitty
04-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Per FSOnline's twitter, Rachael picked Stanford. Congrats to her, great school!

AxelAnnie
04-29-2010, 01:59 AM
Stanford is great, but where will she train?

Sylvia
04-29-2010, 02:06 AM
From her Q&A in the Denver Post (link above):

... Graduation is in about a month, and then it will be time for new programs with my choreographer, Lori Nichol. I am planning on competing through college, and I am finalizing my college decision this week. I am also thinking about deferring for a year. In two years? I suspect I will be in college somewhere (one coast or the other ... I need the ocean nearby!). And I'll still be training!

Lacey
04-29-2010, 02:12 AM
I bet Debbi Thomas had a huge influence over her decision, and rightly so as Debbie has done so well with her life after skating.

pinky166
04-29-2010, 05:21 AM
Stanford is great, but where will she train?

San Jose maybe?