PDA

View Full Version : Rachael's plans

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Wyliefan
04-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Rachael is def not fat, she's tiny, she just needs better costumes that show she is tiny, as opposed to ones that make her look oddly shaped.

Exactly. Her weight is fine. She just needs better costume choices that flatter her instead of hampering her. That's a lovely picture.

DanRad
04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
For pete's sake, she's originally from Del Mar, CA. She could've picked UCSD! She'll pick either Stanford (she listed it first...hmmm) or UCLA. Pre-Med is usually 2 to 3 years to complete as I remember. She should concentrate on school and meet all the requirements on the first 2 years. If she's aiming for 2014 Sochi, she can return to training full time by late 2012 or early 2013 and defer her studies for awhile. In the meantime, she can start preparing for MCAT. After Sochi, she can return to school again, take the MCAT, then apply for Med School.

Holley Calmes
04-02-2010, 10:30 PM
If this is fat, make me a fatlover. http://www.twistmagazine.com/NUP_135188_3173_Rachael_Flatt.jpg

Wow! What a beauty! Now, why can't she look this fabulous on the ice? I see she has it in her....ditto the above voices who say better costumes, hair, etc. One thing that bugs me is her little double chin. I know you can be totally a scarecrow and still have this because it's just genetic. But how to camoflage? No surgery! I swear, this photo looks like a totally different girl, and it's a totally more well turned-out girl! Go Rachael.

Wyliefan
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
One thing that bugs me is her little double chin. I know you can be totally a scarecrow and still have this because it's just genetic. But how to camoflage?

If you find out, let me know. Mine drives me crazy! :)

Anita18
04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Wow! What a beauty! Now, why can't she look this fabulous on the ice? I see she has it in her....ditto the above voices who say better costumes, hair, etc. One thing that bugs me is her little double chin. I know you can be totally a scarecrow and still have this because it's just genetic. But how to camoflage? No surgery! I swear, this photo looks like a totally different girl, and it's a totally more well turned-out girl! Go Rachael.
I don't see a double chin? All I see are chubby cheeks a la Irina Slutskaya. :lol:

kwanfan1818
04-02-2010, 11:58 PM
There are lots of rinks and coaches in the DC and Wilmington areas, close to Baltimore by train.

AxelAnnie
04-03-2010, 12:15 AM
If this is fat, make me a fatlover. http://www.twistmagazine.com/NUP_135188_3173_Rachael_Flatt.jpg

Rachael look very cute in that picture. However, she is airbrushed and posed...and standing straight. She is one of these people who the camera is simply not kind to. I remember Irina looked so kind of big and lumbering to me on tv...............and then I saw her in person............totally tiny. Rachael just has a kind of chunky body. Nothing wrong with that........just what she has.

And, as to safety - Stanford is a great choice. Totally safe in that area.

OliviaPug
04-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Congrats, Rachael, on a fine list of schools! I hope she's has/had time to visit the campuses so that she can make an informed decision. It's so tough to know what will work for an individual.

Rachael isn't fat by any stretch of the imagination -- it's just that she does not present long and lean on the ice because she is lacking in good posture and, well, stretch!

O-

Holley Calmes
04-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Agree. Maybe not a double chin, but a lot of flesh between her chin and her neck. I have ballerinas who weigh 90 pounds with the same trait. Go figure.

Garden Kitty
04-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Congrats to Rachael! She's a very impressive young lady :cheer:

MacMadame
04-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Come on, Rachael, flip off the ivies and go to Johns HopkinsStanford!
There, I fixed it for ya. ;)

zizi31
04-03-2010, 05:51 AM
No offense to anyone, but I kinda hope she doesn't pick JH. Everyone I know who went there was really unhappy. Such a large percentage of the student population is premed which makes for a cutthroat atmosphere.

Not true. I go to JH, and I am very happy here. Perhaps you've met a small sample of unhappy people. It could also be the fact that unhappy people are more likely to vent and air their unhappiness. But I can tell you that the majority of people I know here are not unhappy.

The worst part is Baltimore city - like someone upthread said, it's a dump. JH does have the best campus security, but that means that you can't venture very far off campus, especially in the evening.

azskatefan
04-03-2010, 06:07 AM
So that means Harvard and one other school did not accept her. WTF? What do you have to do to get in if going to the Olympics and having a 4.0 isn't enough? :)

jlai
04-03-2010, 06:14 AM
So that means Harvard and one other school did not accept her. WTF? What do you have to do to get in if going to the Olympics and having a 4.0 isn't enough? :)

Harvard probably needed two more gifted dancers in the fine arts dept and three minority athletes and Rachael didn't fit the bill. :P

chipso1
04-03-2010, 07:19 AM

Be a Hughes or have a powerful lawyer for a father? :P