PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Pairs in 2010-2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

haribobo
03-24-2010, 10:08 PM
So, now that Worlds is over, what does everyone predict will happen with the Canadian pairs scene? Will Hay look for/find a new partner or will Langlois stick with it for the 90th season of her career? How will Duhamel/Radford do? Are Lawrence/Swiegers still in the mix? Can Moore-Towers/Moscovitch surge to the podium? Will Jessica Dube regain her 3s? Should be interesting to see what transpires, no?

Canadask8er
03-25-2010, 01:26 AM
From reading an article after the pairs free skate, Dube and Davison are keeping their long program for another season.

Has it been confirmed about Duhamel and Radford?

What about Mylene and John?

Rudi and Paige were so exciting in the short program and possess some awesome throws and lifts!!!

Will be interesting to see!

Sit_spin
03-25-2010, 01:34 AM
For some reason, regarding Langlois/Hay, I feel if one retires, the other one will. That's just my opinion, though.

flowerpower
03-25-2010, 02:04 AM
For some reason, regarding Langlois/Hay, I feel if one retires, the other one will. That's just my opinion, though.

They are an off-ice couple, so you're probably right.

screech
03-25-2010, 03:31 AM
Has it been confirmed about Duhamel and Radford?

That's what I'm wondering. AFAIK it's all speculation at this point.

JasperBoy
03-25-2010, 03:34 AM
Has John Mattatall retired?

OlieRow
03-25-2010, 09:47 AM

I thought that was the plan, but haven't seen any confirmation.

blue_idealist
03-25-2010, 06:50 PM
I have a feeling L&H will be back next season, but maybe not all the way to Sochi. If they are, Anabelle will be 32 - not that it can't be done.

flowerpower
03-25-2010, 07:03 PM
I have a feeling L&H will be back next season, but maybe not all the way to Sochi.

I think so too.

Chele615
03-25-2010, 08:28 PM
I have a feeling that Anabelle and Cody might stick around for another season or two. With the injury, they lost an entire year of competition, so it might be nice for them to have a full healthy season (or two) under their belt before retiring.

Selfishly, I want them to stay in for at least another year. LOL I feel like I need to know from the get go that it will be their last season so that I can resign myself to that fact ;)

yfbg722
03-26-2010, 02:29 AM

I had heard that he was waiting to see where Nationals will be this year. If they are in Halifax they would stay in so they could compete on home ice. No idea if this is true or not - and I've heard Halifax is unlikely for Nats due to Canada Games being held there.

Sit_spin
03-26-2010, 03:38 AM
Is Mylene Brodeur planning to retire as well, or just John Mattatall?

Shallwedance
03-26-2010, 08:40 PM
IMO if Dube/Davison want to compete next season and are serious about their goals they need another coach. Aren't they the highest ranked skaters' Barabe' has? They're not training with anybody they can role model and learn from, and they're not be trained by anybody who has trained a team who routinely lands on the international podium. I'm beginning to believe they succeed despite their coaching. They need to aim way higher in GOES - whenever they post-mortem a program they're thrilled with something "basically clean". A skate that would be a satisfactory skate for another top team sends this team over the moon. They appear to have the tools and be working harmoniously but that coach has got to go or IMO they'll stay stuck. They need to set the bar so much higher so that when they have an off day they don't plummet off the podium immediately.

Sylvia
03-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Confirmed splits of pairs that competed at 2010 Canadians:
Sara Jones/Jeremy Sandor [J7] - he's listed on icepartnersearch
Mariève Cyr/Jean-Marie Dessureault-Yesilada [J8] - she's listed

Brooke Paulin/Brian Shales - have both retired?
Monica Pisotta/Michael Stewart - both listed on icepartnersearch.com
Amanda Velenosi/Mark Fernandez - have both retired?
Maddison Bird/Raymond Schultz - he's listed on icepartnersearch and turns 20 in April
Maria Izzo/Jason Smith CAN - she's listed on icepartnersearch and is 15

Also: Trevor Young (12th in Senior Pairs at 2010 US Nationals) is listed on icepartnersearch and has dual US/Canadian citizenship.

(Should this thread be moved to GSD? We had separate Canadian, U.S. and Russian Pairs news/updates threads in GSD this season.)

Rafter
03-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Cdn pairs is in shambles right now IMO.

Dube and Langlois are both headcases and neither team has really improved that much over the last three seasons (at least L&H have an excuse with that terrible injury Langlois suffered).

The jury is out on the alleged new pairing of Duhamel & Radford. I'm not convinced they are a good match physically or stylistically. They may be able to get the tricks down but what will international judges do with them re: PCS marks?

Moore-Towers & Moscvotich are truck drivers. Unless they are both taking several ballet classes per week and change coaches, I just don't see this team doing much on the international scene.

The only bright light I see is Kaleigh Hole, but she too needs ballet and a lot of refinement. Also who knows what will happen with her body when she grows.

All in all, not looking good for pairs.