PDA

View Full Version : The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo--the movie

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

clarie
01-13-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't like the photo. She looks too manufactured. I hope in the actual film, that Salander will look more like the book describes.

DubbalinGirl
01-13-2011, 05:56 PM
I don't like the photo. She looks too manufactured. I hope in the actual film, that Salander will look more like the book describes.

I also think the blood on her hands is ridiculous. Granted I"m only halfway through Plays with Fire, but she hasn't killed anyone yet that we've confirmed. Why do they make her out to be a villain?

IceAlisa
01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't like it either for the exact reasons clarie mentioned.

Nan
01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
She looks too manufactured.

Manufactured is a good word for it. The hair looks too freshly cut and styled and the face too soft. I understand the make-up is an attempt to create more angles and sharpness, but to me, it just looks like make-up.

snoopy
01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
My mental picture of Lisbeth is Katia Gordeeva gone punk. I thought the character was supposed to be incongruous – a doll like figure who could kick ass. The women in the above photo looks too tough to me.

genevieve
01-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Manufactured is a good word for it. The hair looks too freshly cut and styled and the face too soft. I understand the make-up is an attempt to create more angles and sharpness, but to me, it just looks like make-up.
To be fair, ther Swedish version of the film did the same thing - Rapace's Salander was far more clean and "produced" looking than I's pictured from the books.

I do think the blood on the hands was silly.

My mental picture of Lisbeth is Katia Gordeeva gone punk.
Oh :rofl: x infinity. I really need to scrub that image from my mind. :rofl:

Nan
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM
To be fair, ther Swedish version of the film did the same thing - Rapace's Salander was far more clean and "produced" looking than I's pictured from the books.

True, but Rapace did look more rumpled and a lot less polished to me than this photo.

IceAlisa
01-13-2011, 07:10 PM
I think Rapace was spot on, exactly how I pictured Salander.

BigB08822
01-13-2011, 07:18 PM
It is just a photo shoot for a magazine cover. It isn't as if she is going to be running around in the entire movie with blood on her hands and her hair in this exact same style. The blood on her hands is most surely metaphoric, no?

Allen
01-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I think Rapace was spot on, exactly how I pictured Salander.

I agree. Rooney Mara looks good, but I just can't see her owning the role like Rapace. I just keep telling myself that it's a David Fincher movie and I will love it.

BigB08822
01-26-2011, 08:35 AM
I just watched The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and really liked it. I didn't notice I was lost and I didn't read the books. However, maybe it is a matter of not knowing that I don't know certain things, ignorance is bliss. Anyway, I liked this movie more than the 2nd one which I actually found much more difficult to follow. I need to get the books.

DubbalinGirl
01-26-2011, 02:30 PM
I just watched The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and really liked it. I didn't notice I was lost and I didn't read the books. However, maybe it is a matter of not knowing that I don't know certain things, ignorance is bliss. Anyway, I liked this movie more than the 2nd one which I actually found much more difficult to follow. I need to get the books.

I haven't read the third book yet, but I found the second book hard to follow. I have the movie coming today from Netflix, so we'll see.

Mozart
12-22-2011, 03:21 AM
Any comments on the new GWTDT? I really liked Rooney's acting. She did a great job. Even though she isn't as "beautiful" as Noomi I found her quite beautiful in her own way.

BigB08822
12-22-2011, 03:31 AM
I am also curious to hear what people think. Almost everyone I know who has seen the film has not seen the original. I don't know if that is because people who saw the originals didn't go to see the new one or if they just didn't care enough to talk about it afterwards. I saw the original so I doubt I will pay $10 to see the remake, will wait for Redbox.

Mozart
12-22-2011, 03:37 AM
I feel like I am the only one here to have seen this movie LOL I want to see the original just haven't had access to it yet!