PDA

View Full Version : The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo--the movie

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

BigB08822
07-20-2010, 03:45 AM
I saw this movie on streaming Netflix and really enjoyed it, despite the subtitles. They didn't distract me.

musicgurl
07-20-2010, 05:10 AM
I just saw the first movie on DVD and liked it a lot. Am waiting for my turn with the third book from the library.

Don't really see why we need an American version though. Can't people just read the damn subtitles? It's not that hard....

Itunes even has an English dubbed version so its not like its impossible for people to lazy to read subtitles to watch.

Nan
07-20-2010, 02:53 PM
I ordered this from Amazon just three days ago and I am (im)patiently awaiting delivery.

HisWeirness
07-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Mulligan is a lovely actress. (We BBC drama fanatics discovered her long before Hollywood did. :D ) But I can certainly see how this might not be the right role for her.
She agrees:

Carey Mulligan will not play Lisbeth (http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/07/22/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-carey-mulliga/)

Mulligan tells EW she is not going to be playing the titular badass hacker heroine. Im not, Im afraid, she told EW yesterday. I can officially quash that rumor once and for all. Its not going to be me. But Im excited to see it. I love the books and I think it will be great.

BigB08822
07-22-2010, 04:10 PM
I think Ellen Page would do a great job but for the best results it might be better to go with someone new, someone the public doesn't have much of an idea of.

clarie
07-23-2010, 03:58 PM
I've read the books and recently watched the 1st movie with subtitles and thoroughly enjoyed it even though there were quite a few changes and omissions. I thought that if hollywood were to produce it, it wouldn't be very watchable especially with big name stars.............who is tiny and could play Lisbeth?............Ellen Page is the only one I could remotely imagine in that role.........I think she has the little anorexic girl look and the acting skills to do it justice. If an english language film is made, either in Hollywood or Britain, I certainly hope that they will perhaps be more true to the actual books. I would definitely go see them.

Kasey
07-23-2010, 06:53 PM
After seeing the Swedish original, I cringe at the idea of Hollywood remaking it, with ANYONE. Noomi Rapace owns the part. I'm not sure whether I would bother to see the remake, or if I would just netflix the original again.

Nan
07-23-2010, 06:57 PM
This arrived from Amazon yesterday and I watched it last night. There were parts left out, but the bones of the story were there and the leading lady did a very good job. I'm not sure someone who did not read the book would get as much from it, but I will certainly watch it again.

genevieve
07-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Agree that if Hollywood was smart, they would just get Noomi Rapace to star in the US version too. They're not going to find someone to do better, and really, the series has a built-in mass audience. They don't need a star do get people to go see it. I can live with them filling the Mikael role with a name actor as long as it's not someone way too pretty or young to be believable.

Habs
07-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Agree that if Hollywood was smart, they would just get Noomi Rapace to star in the US version too. They're not going to find someone to do better, and really, the series has a built-in mass audience. They don't need a star do get people to go see it. I can live with them filling the Mikael role with a name actor as long as it's not someone way too pretty or young to be believable.

I read an article a week or two ago that said Noomi Rapace said she wasn't interested in reprising her role as Salander in a U.S. version. That disappoints me... she's fab!

IceAlisa
07-26-2010, 05:53 AM
I just saw the second film and think Noomi Rapace is brilliant. I agree with genevieve that finding someone to fit her shoes will be next to impossible.

IceAlisa
07-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Noomi Rapace talks about her intense preparation for the role of Lisbeth and why she will not go to Hollywood (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZZy6R97c0o).

genevieve
07-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Daniel Craig confirmed for Blomkvist role:
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/26/daniel-craig-officially-cast-in-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/

I think that's a decent choice. Name actor but not HUGE star. Good-looking in a rugged, everyman kind of way. Not Brad Pitt.

Now everyone keep their fingers crossed that we don't end up with Kristen Stewart as Lisbeth.

CynicElle
07-27-2010, 01:55 PM
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/26/daniel-craig-officially-cast-in-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/

Now everyone keep their fingers crossed that we don't end up with Kristen Stewart as Lisbeth.

:::shudder::: I'm not opposed to the American film at all and think Fincher could do a really good job with the story, but KStew as Lisbeth would completely turn me off wanting to see it. Bleah. I've heard they're determined to go with a relative unknown for Salander, and I so hope that's true.

smurfy
07-27-2010, 04:18 PM

I think that's a decent choice. Name actor but not HUGE star. Good-looking in a rugged, everyman kind of way. Not Brad Pitt.

And Craig is a great actor. Saw him on Broadway last year with Hugh Jackman, both playing americans and cops.