PDA

View Full Version : The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo--the movie

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

shells
03-26-2010, 05:41 PM
I can't find any trace of it here, I'm hoping I might get lucky when I'm visiting my mom next week and we'll be able to find it somewhere. She has read the book too, so I don't think I'd have a hard time talking her into going.

Jimena
03-27-2010, 01:42 AM
I really want to watch it but I don't think it's going to show here ever. So, it will be on my Netflix que soon.

I loved the books, and can't wait until the third one comes out in a month or so.

my little pony
03-27-2010, 07:31 PM
What? Kristen Stewart is not fierce enough? :rofl: Kidding.

I think that The Point Of No Return with Bridget Fonda, Gabriel Byrne, Anne Bancroft and Harvey Keitel was better than the original French La Femme Nikita. That's the only one I can think of though.

I'm pretending you didnt type that :drama:

the scene where Lisbeth goes after Martin's SUV with a golf club reminded people of Elin Woods, most of the theater burst out laughing. I heard some people say, oh it's a Swedish thing, lol.

shells
03-28-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm pretending you didnt type that :drama:

the scene where Lisbeth goes after Martin's SUV with a golf club reminded people of Elin Woods, most of the theater burst out laughing. I heard some people say, oh it's a Swedish thing, lol.

She went after his SUV? Didn't she go after HIM with the golf club in the book or am I mis-remembering?

my little pony
03-28-2010, 02:15 AM
after she hit him in the head with the club in the house, he ran out of the house and got in his SUV. she chased him and hit the windows with the club, then chased him on her motorcycle

Holley Calmes
03-28-2010, 08:20 PM
What? Kristen Stewart is not fierce enough? :rofl: Kidding.

I could see a slightly older Natalie Portman AS SHE WAS IN "THE PROFESSIONAL" before she got glammed. I loved "The Professional" or "Leon," if you like.

I just had the misfortune to watch the dvd of New Moon and thought I would die of boredom. If I want to roll around in teen angst, I'll just go watch some of my young ballet company's emerging choreography works. They're much better art! Truly, Kristen is a nice kid and so are those lovely boys, but that movie bored the heck out of me. I kept asking "When is this plotless damn thing going to be over, and why does this girl only have one facial expression?"

Evilynn
03-29-2010, 09:06 AM
A bit of a sidebar since I haven't read the books nor seen any of the movies:

The first movie was made for the big screen, and the other two was made for Swedish TV (and the quality apparently goes down accordingly). All three are out in Sweden (the TV run started two weeks ago). I generally :rolleyes: at remaking all foreign movies into American ones for the American audience (if reading the subtitles is an issue, which it is for those with bad eyesight, maybe dubbing would be a solution?), but I sort of doubt #2 and #3 would fly as big screen movies outside of Sweden. :shuffle:

Icetalavista
03-30-2010, 11:26 PM
I just saw it and think that the use of material from book 2 (which I haven't read yet) to help explain Lisbeth's reactions and background made a lot of sense.

The casting was great, esp the leads.

I was amazed at how much detail from the book I'd forgotten. The omissions mentioned in the spoiler space above don't detract at all from the movie IMHO.

It was a long movie but so much happens it felt like the right length.

Impromptu
03-31-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm reading the book now and loving it, but I'm hesitant to see the movie because I hate seeing movies where an animal is killed. Can anyone tell me if they kept the scene where the dismembered cat is left on the porch in the film? .

I know, I'm a wimp when it comes to these things.

Icetalavista
03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Impromptu - no, they do not keep that scene in.

IceAlisa
03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
That did not happen in the movie, Impromptu. Ooops, Icetalavista beat me to it.

MKDaneher
05-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Saw TGWTDT with my sister. We were both impressed with how much of the original material made it into the movie, although they did monkey around a bit with the timeline.

"The Girl Who Played With Fire" is due to be released July 2. I read the 2nd book so quickly that I am re-reading it so that all the connections of who is out to get/kill whom stay fresh in my ming ;)

pollyanna
05-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I get to see it this week - just in time to get me all excited again for the release of the 3rd book. :cheer2: I can't even begin to tell you how much I am in love with the character of Lisbeth Salander.

They eliminated Mikael's affairs with Erika Berger and Cecelia Vanger, which I can understand, but both are completely sidelined as characters. Erika is barely in the film and comes across as a desperate, clingy simpering woman, which couldn't be further from her book character.

This saddens me, as I quite like Erika Berger.

I will ignore any US attempt at a remake, just as I ignored The Birdcage because I knew it couldn't live up to the French original of La Cage Aux Folles. :P

"The Girl Who Played With Fire" is due to be released July 2.

Do you know if this includes release in the US?

IceAlisa
05-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I will ignore any US attempt at a remake, just as I ignored The Birdcage because I knew it couldn't live up to the French original of La Cage Aux Folles. :P

Who wants to bet that the US version will include hand to hand combat, explosions and possibly even ninjas? And you are correct about The Birdcage and La Cage Aux Folles.

Wiki says TGWPWF releases in the fall of 2010 in the US.

musicgurl
05-02-2010, 09:44 PM
I do believe they cast Carey Mulligan in the lead role for the American version. IMDB says its coming out in 2012