PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Wk 1 (3/22): Evan and Kate plus 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22

cruisin
03-24-2010, 07:48 PM
:eek: Just looked at dialidol! (http://stars.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp)

I repeat, what show were they watching? The top three should be in the bottom. How can Nicole not be first? :eek:

And I want to know what their deal is with Edyta. She is awesome, gorgeous, and seems like a really nice person. Why do they keep giving her such bad dancers?

Beefcake
03-24-2010, 07:49 PM
:rofl: Wasn't sure, so I'm spoiler bracketing my response to DialIdol ... Though the "bottom 3" is just minus Kate, everything else looks like the judges' scoring (and public buzz) were vertically flipped for the chart. What is WRONG with the American public?! Kate is one of the most unlikeable people on TV!

KikiSashaFan
03-24-2010, 08:31 PM
I repeat, what show were they watching? The top three should be in the bottom. How can Nicole not be first? :eek:

Cuz she's partnered with Derek who's probably one of the most disliked pros?

LuckyCharm
03-24-2010, 08:50 PM

Is he universally disliked, or is it just here?

cruisin
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM

I think he's obnoxious, but he's good. Funny that he is not liked, yet his sister is loved as is Mark Ballas. And they're all so close. I wonder if Derek is as obnoxious in person as he comes across in the show.

I was thinking about Kate Gosselin, she may appeal to a certain demographic. Women who have been scorned ;) And they voted their little hearts out to spit on the man who done them wrong.

Beefcake
03-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Oh well, it is what it is. At least Frosty Box will keep the press writing about the show, for the X weeks she manages to scrape by on the lockstep bitter divorcee vote.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
03-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Is he universally disliked, or is it just here?

I think Derek is rather well liked among the general voting public. Didn't he win the whole design a dance thing twice?

A lot of the online community appears to be annoyed with him though. A big part of that is his luck with partners.

LuckyCharm
03-24-2010, 09:36 PM
I think Derek is rather well liked among the general voting public. Didn't he win the whole design a dance thing twice?

A lot of the online community appears to be annoyed with him though. A big part of that is his luck with partners.

Yeah. It's not his fault TPTB are up his ass. I don't find him particularly obnoxious. He just comes off as a goofy kid to me. I often enjoy his choreo.

Re Kate: I do think she has a significant fan base. Add to that the fact that many people actually enjoy gawking at the Gosselin family trainwreck. I suspect those folks are at least partly responsible for the ratings spike. People might vote for her just to keep the wreck alive. I personally didn't think she was so bad though. She's was what you'd expect the first week from someone with no dance experience. We've become spoiled by the ringers the past few seasons.

deltask8er
03-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Wow, Nicole and Derek - they make a very :swoon: couple together!
Defenetly the best so far! :respec:

They mentioned on one of the entertainment shows that they are both single now. OTOH, I thought I saw her on-again/off-again boyfriend, race car driver Lewis Hamilton, in the audience.

Split in January

http://www.rnbmusicblog.com/nicole-scherzinger-and-lewis-hamilton-split/10218/

Back together in February

http://www.timeslive.co.za/entertainment/article322596.ece

Buzz had a facelift done some time ago...

His wife must get one a year :scream: .

Tony's comment on "i am not sure you want to be here" Tony, she only there to COLLECT A PAYCHECK. Poor Tony!

I know. Tony usually ends up with the high-maintenance, low self-esteemed ones :( . I started to wonder if she suffers from untreated depression. But she's probably just depressed that she can't get away with emasculating Tony on TV like she did with her ex on their former show (based on the couple of clips I saw of J&K+8).

Forgot to add: Why do all the women have ginormous boobs this season? My eyes hurt from that overly mammiferous display!

None of them are elite athletes this time.

I'm just glad Evan, with his arm-whipping ways on the ice, didn't accidentally decapitate his partner :lol: :yikes: . (Bruno: "You have the wingspan of a 747!" :rofl: )

skatingfan5
03-24-2010, 11:12 PM
NY Daily News gossip pages (http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/03/24/2010-03-24_drama_dancing_with_the_stars_insider_says_kate_ gosselin_is_always_late_for_hair_.html) reporting that Kate has been causing trouble by always being late, and that Shannon was much easier to work with than people expected/feared.So I guess that Johnny likely was right about what he said about Kate. :shuffle:

orbitz
03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Pics of Evan, Mark Ballas, Anna, and Buzz (http://www.universalsports.com/photos/galleryid=463397.html#evan+lysacek+celebrates+gold +medal?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter) at an event at Ralph Lauren's LA store celebrating Evan's gold medal.

I think Evan looks better with his hair slick back, or he should ge a shorter, hipper cut. When he wears his hair down it looks almost like a comb over for men over 50, lol. He has a very nice lean body that looks great in clothings ...and also out of clothings :lol:.

Tara looks different. It's almost like she just had some sort of chemical peel done to her skin.

Mark Ballas doesn't look that short standing next to Evan. I thought Mark was only 5'8 or 5'9.

deltask8er
03-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Jake suddenly has ex-girlfriend media problems :watch:

There may be some evidence from ex Tanya Douglas that "The Bachelor" Jake Pavelka's romance with Vienna Girardi is all a sham.

According to the latest issue of Life & Style, Tanya Douglas has proof that Jake was only doing "The Bachelor" for the money.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=489795&gt1=28103

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2010/03/1015-bachelor-text-message.html

pollyanna
03-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Buzz had a facelift done some time ago...

I literally did not recognize him at first, he looks so different. His mouth looks strange to me.

Tara looks different. It's almost like she just had some sort of chemical peel done to her skin.

Yes, but her dark roots look lovely.

SwingDancer
03-25-2010, 01:29 AM
PLEASE let Kate Gosslin be the first to go, I cannot stand this woman.

danceronice
03-25-2010, 03:05 AM
I think he's obnoxious, but he's good. Funny that he is not liked, yet his sister is loved as is Mark Ballas. And they're all so close. I wonder if Derek is as obnoxious in person as he comes across in the show.

FWIW, not what I've heard, but the people I know who know Derek knew him before DWTS, so maybe it went to his head?

Oh, God, please, NO MORE SHOWMANCES.