PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Wk 1 (3/22): Evan and Kate plus 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22

icedance21
03-23-2010, 06:22 AM
Buzz's dance: :yikes: Seriously, they should stick with the younger "stars," if you will (with all due respect to his career achievements and age, but he does not belong on DWTS). If I were grading his performance on a scale of 1-10, I'd probably give him a 2 or 3. :yikes: However, taking into account his age, probably a 4 or 5 is about right. :P

I enjoyed seeing both Evan and Jake though.

By far, the worst performance of the night had to be Kate Gosselin. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Bruno and his "shopping cart" comment :rofl:; he was dead on. :rofl:

uyeahu
03-23-2010, 07:05 AM
The cast is so much more fun this season than last. I'll be watching as long as Niecy, Buzz and Evan are on. I loved Chad's attitude as well.

Aceon6
03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Evan's top line was pretty good, but his feet are a mess. POINT YOUR TOES!!!

orbitz
03-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Aiden's hot. Len was being an old fart again. He complained about the coat, the jumping off the platform, etc. but those things only took like 1-2 seconds out of the whole routine. I want him to stay a few more weeks.

cruisin
03-23-2010, 01:52 PM
But as Ana pointed out somewhat inarticulately, they're only halfway through the show.

Yeah, she came off sounding :confused:. I thought Evan danced well. His expression physically was good, but his facial expression :eek:! He looked like a deer in the headlights.

Nicole was the best, by far. She was stunning, and on the first night! Though it's clear she has a lot of dance experience, not just chest thrusts and booty bumps. :lol: Her lines and technique are too well defined.

danceronice
03-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Aiden's hot. Len was being an old fart again. He complained about the coat, the jumping off the platform, etc. but those things only took like 1-2 seconds out of the whole routine. I want him to stay a few more weeks.

If he learns to stand up straight, look up, stop hunching his shoulders, and learn to stop flat-footing. I don't even remember the platform or how the coat came off, just the overall basic poor dancing.

Evan was easily the best of the men--it's kind of obvious which two stars (Evan and Nicole) have had EXTENSIVE movement training. They don't have the feet for ballroom yet, though Evan's weren't bad (again, toe point not HUGE for men in Standard, especially considering those are very stiff patent shoes compared to men's Latin, which are soft or split-soles with higher, hard heels and VERY soft uppers. You need the support whereas in Latin you need quick and flexible.) Nicole had very sloppy feet. Though some of the shoe choices for the women are questionable--flare heels are hard for Smooth/Standard when you know what you're doing, and most dance teachers will tell you not to start in anything higher 2 1/2" until you're used to it. (And what looked like court shoes for Kate? So pointing is even harder and it's more obvious when she doesn't?)

Kate off first! All other factors (age, difficulty of routine) she was still worst.

Nan
03-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Evan did have a very wooden look everytime he was aware the camera was on him, but toward the end of the show during the post-dance interviews with other dancers, you could see him in the background really cutting up with Erin. I hope he gets comfortable enough to show that bit of himself when he knows the camera is focused on him.

Rob
03-23-2010, 02:58 PM
My rankings:

Nicole
Evan
Erin
(gap)
Jake
Niecy
(gap)
Chad
Pam
(big gap)
Shannon
Aidan
Buzz
Kate - the most painful to watch for me - her line hurt my eyes.

Fergus
03-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Damn, Evan looks fantastic in white tie & tails. :swoon:

Garden Kitty
03-23-2010, 04:08 PM
USA Today had a poll in the sports section asking if people cared about sports stars on DWTS. As of this morning, the vote was:

42% - I'm rooting for Erin
41% - I don't care
9% - I'm rooting for Ochocinco
8% - I'm rooting for Evan

orbitz
03-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Samantha was perhaps a little bit ditzy, but she brought a perkiness energy to the show. Brooke was subdued almost to the point of boring.

I wish the producers would rein in Bruno and his OTT comments and actions. They're neither funny nor charming. DWTS is more or less a family show, and Bruno's often crass sexual inuendos are inappropriate, IMO. A judge can be both truthful and tactful.

Most everyone knew Nicole has a dance background and dances/sings for a living, so it looked disingenous in the fluff piece when she acted all awkward during rehearsals.

Kate costume was unflattering. It emphasized her mid-section.

I was pleasantly surprised by Erin Andrew. She had some moves and really threw herself into the routine.

CynicElle
03-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Damn, Evan looks fantastic in a white tie & tails. :swoon:

Seriously. Where can I find a butler who looks like that? :grope:

Beefcake
03-23-2010, 04:22 PM
USA Today had a poll in the sports section asking if people cared about sports stars on DWTS. As of this morning, the vote was:

42% - I'm rooting for Erin
41% - I don't care
9% - I'm rooting for Ochocinco
8% - I'm rooting for Evan
:lol: A person beating "I don't care" in a sports page dance-reality-show poll is a pretty darned big upset! :kickass:

Sk8Leigh
03-23-2010, 04:30 PM
On a side note, does anyone else remember Nicole Scherzinger from that reality show Pop Star on CW?

Yes, I loved that show! Although Nicole doesn't stick out in my memory as much as some. I loved Ivette. She was my favorite. :slinkaway

love skating
03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Evan did well. I'm a little worried about how he'll handle the latin dances. His height makes me worry about whether he can move those hips. I didn't think anyone was too bad, but again no one blew me away yet either. Of course it's only week one and that's to be expected.

BTW, Kristi is one of the ladies up for Design a Dance this year! But I expect Shawn Johnson or Melissa R. to win since they have the rabid internet fans and this is an unlimited online voting situation. Here's a link to the Design a Dance page.

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/female-celebrity