PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Wk 1 (3/22): Evan and Kate plus 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22

Cheylana
03-23-2010, 03:05 AM
Caught this on my DVR. Evan was pretty good! But he needs to work on his facial expressions when he's in the background and the the camera rests on him. Too often he almost looks "deer in the headlights" or something. He definitely has a personality but it needs to shine through the TV screen a little bit more. A little impromptu dancing while the camera pans the couples would also help. But I think he did well. Threw most of my votes to him. Dying to see Frank in the audience at some point!

Had to giggle when one of the judges compared him to a swan, though. Somewhere a former competitor of his might be fuming ;)

Pussycat Doll was good and very pretty! But she's a ringer so no votes from me.

Shannon was super annoying. I hope she goes quickly.

I'm going to predict Aiden is the first to go next week. His dance was horrible, plus would imagine his fanbase is the smallest. I'm also going to predict Kate outstays her welcome.

birdgal
03-23-2010, 03:05 AM
On the west coast. Evan looks great.

Cheylana
03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
Forgot to add: Why do all the women have ginormous boobs this season? My eyes hurt from that overly mammiferous display!

birdgal
03-23-2010, 03:11 AM
Forgot to add: Why do all the women have ginormous boobs this season? My eyes hurt from that overly mammiferous display!

It's in style? :lol:

danceronice
03-23-2010, 03:25 AM

They knew Pam Anderson would be there and didn't want to feel intimidated?

Sasha'sSpins
03-23-2010, 03:41 AM
First video I could find of Evan and Anna from tonight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVLPyTXn4Ak

Thanks! :respec:

I think Evan did great. I'm no expert but I think he looked elegant out there. His height and build also really help him here imo.

He looks quite dashing in tux and tails. ;)

Buzz was just as cute as can be! He reminds me of my late darling Grandpa. :)

El Rey
03-23-2010, 04:02 AM
For some reason I thought Niecy Nash was on one of the "Real Housewives" shows. :slinkaway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHsw_tFcIh4

birdgal
03-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Evan is elegant, nice lines, and he can really twirl.

orbitz
03-23-2010, 04:10 AM
Bruno's crass.

Pam wasn't bad. A little too much hair exension though, lol. I think Damian's body frame is a little bit on the small size for Pam. She would probably look better with someone like Maks.

shallwedansu
03-23-2010, 04:54 AM
A high quality video of Evan's Viennese Waltz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gmCwWv1Z4U

He's so lucky to be partnered with Anna Trebunskaya! I haven't watched every season, but the times that I do, Anna is always my favorite pro.

Sasha'sSpins
03-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Will Tommy Lee show up in the audience?

If Tommy Lee and Kid Rock BOTH show up that'd be totally Rockin'!

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/174581/pamela-andersons-exes-throw-down.jhtml#id=1569303

:respec:

Quintuple
03-23-2010, 05:35 AM
West Coast here.

Since at this stage we're kinda eliminating the weakeast out of a large group (well, you know what I mean), I voted for Shannen (I agree with the judge comments, but I like the sweepy moodiness), Niecy (actually, even though the dance was simple, she really did the steps well - she also seems to be able to engage and perform really well, and I can't wait to see what else she comes up with), Evan (very nice, lots of spiral-kicks, but dude, I think he's going to be lost in his boring-ness), Nicole (best of the night, definitely), and Pamela (SO CRAZY. Compels me to want more).

Kate was a hideous mess. Her barely lifted leg looked like a finger with a nail peeled back. Chad - totally meandering and boring. Buzz - what can you do? I hope we don't have another "Crazy Chloris" push. But you know, I bet he might actually be able to step it up more than Chloris or the Woz did.

I actually only watched all of season 8, none last year, and only spots in the past, but wow, this is an amazing cast. It's a really good show! With every frustration I have with AI and SYTYCD and others like them, this is the one that knows how to make something out of barely anything with camera work, and has a good rhythm and hilarity with the hosts and judges. I love it!

jenny12
03-23-2010, 05:39 AM
I enjoyed seeing Evan tonight. He has nice lines and I'm glad he's with Anna. Chad Ochocinco didn't do great, but, man, is he hot. :smokin:

Beefcake
03-23-2010, 05:47 AM
:glamor: Niecy! :glamor:

Loved it. Love her.

Pam's zesty, lusty, hair twirly dance was a lot of fun too.

Only caught the last three dances (horse mane Kate = yikes!) and YouTubed Evan and Niecy. So, judging by your comments here, I agree that soap guy will be first boot unless Edyta and he :grope: do :grope: something :grope: really memorable :grope: next week.

juzub
03-23-2010, 06:03 AM
I miss Samantha as co-host...