PDA

View Full Version : Keep it Real - Breast Implants Need Not Apply...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nubka
03-22-2010, 03:27 AM
An interesting read, although it never really says why...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1259584/Actresses-breast-enhancements-need-apply-Pirates-Caribbean.html

Buzz
03-22-2010, 03:37 AM
I LOVED the first movie but do not think much of the sequels.

nubka
03-22-2010, 03:48 AM
I LOVED the first movie but do not think much of the sequels.

Somehow, I could just never really buy into Elizabeth Swann as a real, bonfide pirate. She tried too hard to be "tough", and looked too clean/tidy/perfect...

Anita18
03-22-2010, 04:59 AM
:rofl: Curves? Their leading lady was Keira Knightley! Awesome tomboy, but curves, real or fake? :rofl:

Jot the Dot Dot
03-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Twinkle Twinkle, Movie star
How I wonder what you are
Did you make it on your own?
Or were you helped by -- Silicone?

manleywoman
03-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Love it. Glad the cosmetic surgery backlash is beginning.

silverstars
03-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Hah, I like that they're doing that, but it's still kind of hilarious.

On another note, WHY are they making another Pirates movie? The first one is one of my favorite movies of all time, but the next two just did not do it justice. I like Johnny Depp, but I'm not sure if even he will actually make this worth it. Typical Disney, beating things to death...

genevieve
03-22-2010, 03:49 PM
agree, not seeing the need for another Pirates film, but hope this turns into a casting trend.

Karina1974
03-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Love it. Glad the cosmetic surgery backlash is beginning.

But at the same time, they are looking for 5'7-5'8, size 4 to size 6 women? Do they really think those proportions are realistic? I am 5'9 myself, and I am nowhere near a size 6. Try size 16. If I got down to a size 6, people would start worrying for my health, because I would look anorexic; indeed, it would take anorexia for me to get to that point to start with.

genevieve
03-22-2010, 06:40 PM
:huh: I'm 5'10", and while I'm not a size 6 now (and probably won't be again in this lifetime), I was when I was younger with minimal effort. I don't see that as unrealistic for an actress at the height they're requesting, particularly if they are looking for women in their 20s.

Erica Lee
03-22-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm 5'7" and size 4 (up to recently many size 2 things fit as well). I am slim, but not anorexic. So, realistic? Yes. Common? Maybe not. I don't think it's realistic for everyone, but for me it's my body type... I don't have to diet, work out or do anything special at all to be my size. People keep telling me it will catch up with me eventually.. .and they're probably right.

Anita18
03-22-2010, 08:24 PM
But at the same time, they are looking for 5'7-5'8, size 4 to size 6 women? Do they really think those proportions are realistic? I am 5'9 myself, and I am nowhere near a size 6. Try size 16. If I got down to a size 6, people would start worrying for my health, because I would look anorexic; indeed, it would take anorexia for me to get to that point to start with.
In the US, what used to be a size 4-6 is a size 0 now. I know, because I'm there. :P What is considered 4-6 now was very easily 8-10 back in the day, and I think that's not all that unusual.

And we're talking about show business, where everyone skews thin to begin with. But it's still not nearly as bad as high fashion where even at my thinnest and sickest (under 100 lbs at 5'5") I'd be too fat to walk a runway.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Somehow, I could just never really buy into Elizabeth Swann as a real, bonfide pirate. She tried too hard to be "tough", and looked too clean/tidy/perfect...

For me Keira is horrible at doing the tough chick act. Instead of rooting for her character I kept wishing someone, anyone would knock her off the ship or something.

I saw that article and I wonder if Brukheimer will be watching from a closed circuit television somewhere. That seems kind of creepy.

silverstars, Disney is making another Pirates film because even as horrible as the last one was it still made a lot of $$$. As much as I loved CoTBP and liked DMC I think it's time to let it go. I do enjoy Johnny Depp's performance of Captain Jack so I'll probably watch the new film when it's released on DVD. I won't be making a trip to the theaters this time around.

mkats
03-23-2010, 01:20 AM

I'm 5'8 1/2 and a size 6.

danceronice
03-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Why are they doing another? Because they got rid of that plot deadwood, Will and Elizabeth!