PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race 03/21: "Cathy Drone?"

Pages : 1 2 [3]

rfisher
03-22-2010, 02:06 PM
They may not be funny, but they're playing this game very well.

Lara
03-22-2010, 02:11 PM
There's always an exception to a rule and this was definitely it for "avoid needle in a haystack tasks at all costs". I was also relieved it didn't cost the brothers.

Half the teams sent to the wrong town, car trouble, Big Brother IIRC following only to find themselves prematurely at the Pit Stop again(!) and of course the hilarious Joan of Arc + Cathy Drone comments...this episode had it all lol. :lol: Awesome stuff.

Were the cowboys really being sarcastic? What they said was true after all and I liked that they saw it that way!

Beefcake
03-22-2010, 02:42 PM
:rolleyes: at the Little Brothers comment about people not speaking English so well.
:lol: Ahhh, I actually thought of you when LB2 said that ... wondered if you'd call that out. But, c'mon - eye rolls worthy? As you said, it was a comment. A passing comment among many ... nothing near a complaint. I like to think that they laughed about saying that, with a faux "how dare they speak so much French here!" or something. But that's just me.

Meh episode for me. I've become tired of the Dutectives' cockiness, after winning two consecutive legs ... should be even more insufferable next week after their third in a row. Cowboys might be the best ever team within the challenges, but their confidence in their decisions -- a great strength -- has almost as much of a chance of getting them eliminated if they don't back up their hunches with input from the locals. Despite their saying the words, the Girls seemed far from convinced that they could become the first all-gal team to win TAR. Steve & Allie have become my Cowboys back-up for :cheer2: fav team. Yes, duct tape is legend.

:blah: How much longer can Caite and Brent (who's looking inexplicably VERY rough ... six weeks in a dungeon rough) keep in the race? They're crappy racers, and too dim to give us :watch: bickering like past -- smarter and more skilled versions did.

genevieve
03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Glad Jorff are gone, they were just painful. Did appreciate Jeff's "stay in school" comment but jesus. :scream:

At least Caite had the sense to apologize about demanding the other task when they got the grapes seemingly immediately when they went back. But eys I was hoping for a double elimination.

Phil's face when the father/daughter team asked if they had insurance on the cars. :lol: Wonder if they'll get some sort of penalty for that?

Having a mime to greet them was eville

caseyedwards
03-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Phils face after the insurance was LOL-and the team must have known about the penalty if you change cars

KikiSashaFan
03-22-2010, 08:03 PM
This cast is simply an epic goldmine! :lol:

Agreed, but I don't think anyone will ever match Dan & Andrew trying to march :rofl:

Garden Kitty
03-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Agreed, but I don't think anyone will ever match Dan & Andrew trying to march :rofl:

That still makes me laugh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xClnrZNHEEo)

shan
03-22-2010, 08:59 PM

I laughed until I cried that night! He was sooo bad.

liv
03-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh frick! I had forgotten about the marching! I just went to remind myself of what it was and it came back to me...tears of laughter, still, after all this time. His "motor skills" will live on in infamy...

allezfred
03-22-2010, 10:35 PM
:lol: Ahhh, I actually thought of you when LB2 said that ... wondered if you'd call that out. But, c'mon - eye rolls worthy? As you said, it was a comment. A passing comment among many ... nothing near a complaint. I like to think that they laughed about saying that, with a faux "how dare they speak so much French here!" or something. But that's just me.

It's my pet peeve when native English speakers do this to people in a non-English speaking country who are trying to help them. The onus on communication is a two-way street.

Prancer
03-22-2010, 11:01 PM

It made me think of Steve Martin talking about going to Paris, where he learned that they called things by different names. He lists a few examples and then says, "It's like those French have a different word for EVERYTHING!"

:lol::lol::lol:

It's funnier when he says it. :slinkaway

Bev Johnston
03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
That still makes me laugh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xClnrZNHEEo)

That was classic, but the cheese wheels from the Luke/Margie season had me crying. I don't which was funnier - Luke running out of control down that hill or cheese wheels flying into random yards and houses. I still laugh just thinking about it.

AragornElessar
03-23-2010, 10:55 PM
That was classic, but the cheese wheels from the Luke/Margie season had me crying. I don't which was funnier - Luke running out of control down that hill or cheese wheels flying into random yards and houses. I still laugh just thinking about it.

Not only was I laughing so hard I was crying watching that, I started yelling "Incoming!!!" whenever one of those cheese wheels started flying down the hills. Between that and my laughter, my Dad just couldn't help himself and had to come down here to see what was so funny. :D

Garden Kitty
03-23-2010, 11:45 PM
I still laugh just thinking about it.

Imagine how much you'll laugh watching it again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip7sfgkkNa8). :lol: