PDA

View Full Version : In Plain Sight

Pages : [1] 2

Graceful05
03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
The shows comes back on March 31st...and I wanted to point this out for two reason: 1) It's a new night...Wednesday rather than Sunday. 2) The guest stars are amazing.

Not sure if any of you were big West Wing fans, but Mary McCormack and Allison Janey were on there together. Janey is now going to be on In Plain Sight, so it comes full circle :) They're also having Donnie Wahlberg on as a guest star, which if you were an amazing NKOTB fan (and yes, I totally am), that's pretty awesome!

gkelly
03-19-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm almost through watching the first season on DVD. I'll finish the season, but I'm not sure whether I'll bother renting the second. Do you recommend it?

KatieC
03-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Pardon for asking, but what's NKOTB?

BigB08822
03-19-2010, 10:43 PM
New Kids On The Block (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDtEPCFM0I)!!! :P

I saw the preview for this, looks interesting...

KatieC
03-20-2010, 01:43 AM
New Kids On The Block (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDtEPCFM0I)!!! :P

I saw the preview for this, looks interesting...

Thank you - :)

Graceful05
03-29-2010, 01:57 AM
I'm almost through watching the first season on DVD. I'll finish the season, but I'm not sure whether I'll bother renting the second. Do you recommend it?

I absolutely do! Season 1 has a great finale. I can't wait until you catch up to hear what you think! Mary goes through an interesting emotional change towards the end of season one that made me really get into her character. I won't say anymore but you'll enjoy it! :)

Sorry on the NKOTB (New Kids on the Block) abbreviation! I actually just saw them on their comeback tour, so I'm probably more familiar with them than I should be, haha.

smurfy
03-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Love this show.
Interesting with Janney. Josh Malina was a semiregular last season (Will from WW) and Richard Schiff was a guest one episode. Nice to know they get along and keep working with each other.

slicekw
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
y'all know this is season 3 starting, not season 2, right?

gkelly
03-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Yes; I took the occasion of this thread to ask advice on whether I should bother renting season 2.

Graceful05
03-31-2010, 10:46 PM
slice, I appreciate the reminder nonetheless. Season 2 also has quite a finale, but Season 1's is a particular favorite!

It returns tonight (don't forget with the new night!) at 10pm EST. I nearly forgot myself, but my DVR loves me enough to warn me :)

Matryeshka
04-09-2010, 12:21 AM
LOVE Allison Janey. I wish we had a little bit more young Mary and Marshall.

mpal2
04-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Anyone else think that Mary's sister is actually in contact with their father?

Garden Kitty
04-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Yes; I took the occasion of this thread to ask advice on whether I should bother renting season 2.

It's not like Lost or some other serial show that you really need the second season to follow the storyline. There is some character development and background, but most of the episodes were primarily standalone. So if you like watching it, season two was consistent. But you don't need to watch it to pick up on watching season 3.

smurfy
04-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Anyone else think that Mary's sister is actually in contact with their father?

I thought that too. If it was another guy, cheating on Josh Malina, or a connection to her old boyfriend Chuck - seems too obvious.
Especially with Brandi asking about the Dad, I think it is him.

Graceful05
04-10-2010, 01:39 AM
I thought that too, but is it weird he's in touch with Brandi? They made a really big display last season of how he had contacted Mary, and no one in the family knew about it. I guess I saw her as his confidant, so I'm uncertain about why he would suddenly carry on talks with Brandi.

I'm really just always trying to prepare a back up plan, because I hate when I get my hopes up and it's wrong, haha.