PDA

View Full Version : What does Caroline Zhang need to do to work her way back up to the podium?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32]

Sinclare
07-11-2010, 03:11 AM
I wish her luck. She is so talented, maybe the change will help her next season.

Screenie
07-11-2010, 03:48 AM
wow that's great news about Gambill. All her skaters are excellent and well put-together and I expect great things from this partnership.

AxelAnnie
07-11-2010, 05:58 AM
Nigel posted this report over at GoldenSkate.

"Zhang used Dickson for choreo in Colorado. Also worked with Kathy Casey on jump technique. "

I'm not sure who Miss Casey is.

ROFL :rofl:

orbitz
07-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Is this a new head coach thing or is Tammy Gambill a jump coach? Either way I hope it goes well.

http://www.skatepsa.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=296

I see Shirley Hughes also has a DVD on basic jumps. Her students flutz ...

Polymer Bob
07-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Head coach thing. Gambill also has a very good reputation for coaching young skaters in jumps.

Thanks for the heads-up. :) There was some speculation last year that Caroline's mother would only accept a coach of Chinese descent. It's also interesting that her new coach ( if :sekret: sources are correct ) is of somewhat lower profile than her old one. That shows that she is willing to do what is necessary to improve. :cheer:

Besides, what do Mingzu Li, Frank Carroll, Brian Orser, Tatiana Tarasova, Rafael Arutunian and Nikolai Morozov all have in common? None of them ever coached a World champion...........

................ until they coached one. :D

crzesk8dad
07-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Might as well get this out there, because it going to be hitting everyone shortly. Miss Li has accepted a position working with the Chinese Skating Federation. This was announced to her students this week. She will be leaving shortly for long term stays in China, coming back to the US periodically. Her students have been placed with various coaches at East West.

While there has been lots of tears over her departure, the students are taking the news with strength and fortitude. Although coach/skater is a business relationship, each of her students have developed a true bond with her as well as great affection. She will be missed.

RD
07-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Might as well get this out there, because it going to be hitting everyone shortly. Miss Li has accepted a position working with the Chinese Skating Federation. This was announced to her students this week. She will be leaving shortly for long term stays in China, coming back to the US periodically. Her students have been placed with various coaches at East West.

While there has been lots of tears over her departure, the students are taking the news with strength and fortitude. Although coach/skater is a business relationship, each of her students have developed a true bond with her as well as great affection. She will be missed.

AHA! SO that's it. Interesting. Thanks.

Polymer Bob
07-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Miss Li has accepted a position working with the Chinese Skating Federation. This was announced to her students this week.

Yes, thanks for the information. :40beers: There was some discussion a few months ago about whether Caroline would skate for the Chinese. I didn't think she would, but I never thought about Ms. Li.