PDA

View Full Version : What does Caroline Zhang need to do to work her way back up to the podium?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

pinky166
05-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Good question! I may have dreamed up the whole thing because that's how I wanted it to be -- maybe I didn't actually hear it from anywhere! :lol:

:lol: so colorado is still a question then....why did she go if it wasn't for choreo?

Sylvia
05-24-2010, 05:50 PM
:lol: so colorado is still a question then....why did she go if it wasn't for choreo?
Well, everything pertaining to Zhang in this thread so far is hearsay info, but an overlooked clue was posted back on page 7 of this thread. ;)

pinky166
05-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Well, everything pertaining to Zhang in this thread so far is hearsay info, but an overlooked clue was posted back on page 7 of this thread. ;)

Oh yeah, Casey for jumps. Can't WAIT to see those 3a's and 2a-3t's Caroline is apparently working on :rolleyes:

IceKween
05-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Kathy Casey is renowned for coaching jumps and I wonder what she can do in the short term to improve Zhang's technique?

Can you name me a skater she coached who had renowned textbook jumps? Scott Davis and Damon Allen had crazy jump technique, especially on the axel. Davis also had a weird flip and salchow. Allen, well, he always imploded so it's hard to tell what the technique under the mental business was. Casey also didn't seem to do anything to help Nicole Bobek's jumps either, and Bobek had HUGE jumps so there was tons to work with. Who else has Casey really coached? Shelby Lyons? Nuff said. Sydne Vogel on her freefall? I'd say Zhang needs to spend the summer in Moscow with Alexei Mishin. Now he is someone who has produced jumpers. I hope Zhang is not actually working on a 3axel. She will hurt herself.

jlai
05-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Someone mentioned on this board last year Casey fixed Jeremy's 3A.

pinky166
05-25-2010, 02:47 AM
Someone mentioned on this board last year Casey fixed Jeremy's 3A.

He still almost always gets scratchy landings on it though, but even if he does land 3a on his toepick at least he lands them most of the time now as compared to before.

Polymer Bob
05-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh yeah, Casey for jumps. Can't WAIT to see those 3a's and 2a-3t's Caroline is apparently working on :rolleyes:

I had read about the triple axel a while ago, not recently. I will guess she fooled around with it a little, then gave it up. The 2A-3T might be a little more realistic. It would be great if she could pull it off. :)

RockTheTassel
05-25-2010, 04:07 PM
But her double axel is so slow. How would she manage to tack on a 3T with almost no speed?

Polymer Bob
05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
But her double axel is so slow. How would she manage to tack on a 3T with almost no speed?

Her double axel was slow 4 months ago. We don't know about now.
We probably won't know much more until Golden West.

pinky166
05-25-2010, 05:13 PM

Well, she tacks 3t on her 3f which is also slow quite regularly. She muscles her jumps a lot. KVDP did 4t-3t-3t with very little speed and pulled it off.

Polymer Bob
05-31-2010, 10:47 PM
I came across this Chinese message board where they discuss Caroline. I ran it through the Google translation program. When a computer translates from Chinese to English, the sentences can look a little weird. They call Caroline "Round-Round" or "OO", and figure skating is "flower slip".

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://bbs.rollerfun.net/viewthread.php%3Ftid%3D45367&ei=bywETOmSF6TMMKiF5Ts&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CC0Q7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%2522%25E5%25BC%25A0%25E5%259C%2586%2 5E5%259C%2586%2522%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divn

Sylvia
05-31-2010, 11:55 PM
That article posted on the Chinese message board was translated into English by feraina back in November 2007 -- here's the link to the translation post in the Archives (you need to be a premium subscriber to access): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1549765&postcount=1

feraina
06-01-2010, 12:43 AM
That article posted on the Chinese message board was translated into English by feraina back in November 2007 -- here's the link to the translation post in the Archives (you need to be a premium subscriber to access): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1549765&postcount=1

Great. Can't access my own post. :wall:

burntBREAD
06-01-2010, 02:00 AM
I came across this Chinese message board where they discuss Caroline. I ran it through the Google translation program. When a computer translates from Chinese to English, the sentences can look a little weird. They call Caroline "Round-Round" or "OO", and figure skating is "flower slip".

Polymer Bob, Caroline's Chinese name is 圓圓, which literally translates to "Round Round" when put through a translator, my name is 皓鈞 which translates to "White 30 Catties" (I didn't even know what a catty was... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catty). So there's a lot of discrepancy due to the fact that many Chinese words have multiple meanings and it's made even more complicated due to the vast amounts of characters. Figure skating, I believe, should be "花样滑冰", the first character, but combined with the second it makes mood, and the third character does mean slide or slip, but combined with the fourth character it makes skating. All four together make "mood skating", or "figure skating". Don't quote me on that, though, I'm Taiwanese American and have lived in the US always, so I'm not really an expert. Sorry about this lengthy language lesson, haha :shuffle:

I FEEL LAME :wall:

Indra486
06-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Her double axel was slow 4 months ago. We don't know about now.
We probably won't know much more until Golden West.

Well, truthfully, we haven't seen much improvement on her basic skating since her senior debut. I highly doubt that is going to change in the pass four months, let alone her axel.