PDA

View Full Version : What does Caroline Zhang need to do to work her way back up to the podium?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Fozzie Bear
04-27-2010, 03:42 AM
Finally a top US lady goes to Dickson! I think he'll be great for her; maybe get her out of that ultra-pretty-princess style.

pinky166
04-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Who is Caroline's usual choreographer? Lori Nichol?

chipso1
04-27-2010, 05:15 AM
Finally a top US lady goes to Dickson! I think he'll be great for her; maybe get her out of that ultra-pretty-princess style.

He also did her "Spanish Gypsy" SP from 2007-08.

Fozzie Bear
04-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That was one of hers I really liked.

Who is Caroline's usual choreographer? Lori Nichol?
I think Nichol mostly, and sometimes Karen Kwan.

Polymer Bob
04-28-2010, 01:29 AM

Maybe there's a reason she skates like a "pretty princess", but we'll leave that for another discussion.

Over at Goldenskate, somebody with access to her Facebook says Caroline is still in Colorado. So something is going on. Choreography? Jump therapy? Speed work? Pretty princess training? We'll see.

smarts1
04-28-2010, 02:00 AM
^ Coaching change perhaps?

pinky166
04-28-2010, 02:25 AM
Maybe there's a reason she skates like a "pretty princess", but we'll leave that for another discussion.

Over at Goldenskate, somebody with access to her Facebook says Caroline is still in Colorado. So something is going on. Choreography? Jump therapy? Speed work? Pretty princess training? We'll see.

All the above? Or, maybe, she and Patrick Chan are developing a nice little romance and she doesn't want to leave him :lol:. Pretty princess has found her prince charming :P

SpiralGirl
04-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Flatt has already added 3-3Lp combos to her repetoire and is back working on 3A's as well. Nothing new for Tom Z's students as he really pushes his students in the spring and summer to add more difficult elements to their repetoire. Farris is landing 4T's fairly regularly. It's that time of year..... :-)

Flatt is working on 3As? :rofl:

briancoogaert
04-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Flatt is working on 3As? :rofl:
You're mean, but even as a Flatt fan, I find it laughable ;)

pinky166
04-28-2010, 04:45 PM
You're mean, but even as a Flatt fan, I find it laughable ;)

Why? Flatt is a good jumper, no one denies that she is a good jumper. It's not like she's claiming to be working on full split spirals or Mirai-like layback spins. She can do 3-3s so it makes sense that she would be working on triple axels. Plus, she has a similar build to a lot of the ladies who did good 3as (Tonya, Midori) so I don't really see why it's funny. I mean heck even ALISSA was working on 3a's for awhile a few years ago, Alissa who has never done a 3-3 and can't even land a 3loop without under-rotating it, and actually from the clips I saw, her 3a in the harness looked pretty good (and this was during the days that she had 2a issues).

Marco
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Why? Flatt is a good jumper, no one denies that she is a good jumper.

I don't think she is a good jumper. She is a consistent jumper.

Plus, she has a similar build to a lot of the ladies who did good 3as (Tonya, Midori) so I don't really see why it's funny.

Except she skates at one tenth the speed of either Ito or Harding and her jumps are also only one tenth as big as theirs.

She is better off fixing that awful lutz technique and actually get some height on her jumps. The whole Asada vs Kim thing makes it clear jump quality is very important too.

pinky166
04-28-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't think she is a good jumper. She is a consistent jumper.

She rotates so fast, that's why I don't find this 3a thing so far fetched. Plus she can do 3-3, I think if you can do 3-3 then it qualifies you as a good jumper.

RD
04-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't doubt that she might be working on them, and I don't really see the humor in it but I'll admit I might have chuckled just a little if it said she was working on a Bielman (sp??) spin or something. Still...

Autumn_girl
04-28-2010, 07:30 PM
Many skaters trying to do triple axels on practices, but only few can land it in the competition. As I know:
Maria Butyrskaya tried it on practices and sometimes landed it (maybe Slutskaya too but I don't know for sure).
Ksenia Makarova did it too (and even 4S) but then had injury and stopped.
Alena Leonova also worked on it and fully rotate it but couldn't land (fell everytime).
Two Russian baby stars, Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova, in this list too. Liza was seen landed clean 3A on practice, TAT mentioned in her interview that Adelina also tried it.
And I also saw Mirai's 3A (in the harness) on youtube.

But so far none of them did it in the competition.
So I do believe that Flatt is working on it, but I don't believe she will try it in the competition. And I think she should work on her spins first

freezin'rinkmom
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
All the above? Or, maybe, she and Patrick Chan are developing a nice little romance and she doesn't want to leave him :lol:. Pretty princess has found her prince charming :P

Chan is out of the country..he just finished up the shows in Korea and is on vacation for the next several weeks.