PDA

View Full Version : American Idol (Tues. March 16th) - The Top 12 - Vote For The Best!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25

cruisin
03-22-2010, 11:46 PM
I really hope she avoids the most predictable stuff. It will do nothing to show that she's bringing something unique to the world of music. I want to see her get thrown a lot of curve balls and then surprise us all with fantastic, original performances. It would be tough for her to do that with Joplin and Etheridge.

I see your point, but selfishly I want to hear Crystal sing Janis :D. We lost her far too early, it would be cool to have someone who could pick up where Janis left off.

rfisher
03-23-2010, 12:02 AM
OMG!1!! RU LIKE 80 UR SMTHNG? LOL!1!!!!! GRL LRN 2TXT, LOL!!1!! AND G3T SOME NU CLOTHAS TOO??!??!??? WTF GAG 90S R SOOOOO 86!!!!1!!! LOL OMG LOL

:rofl: Was I insulted or not?

BigB08822
03-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Miley as a mentor? Was this Simon's :EVILLE: plan to rid the show of any credibility it had left? What a joke!!! Every person in the top 11 has a thing or two they could teach Miley...

LuckyCharm
03-23-2010, 12:56 AM
OMG!1!! RU LIKE 80 UR SMTHNG? LOL!1!!!!! GRL LRN 2TXT, LOL!!1!! AND G3T SOME NU CLOTHAS TOO??!??!??? WTF GAG 90S R SOOOOO 86!!!!1!!! LOL OMG LOL

:rofl:Water, meet keyboard.:)

uyeahu
03-23-2010, 01:03 AM
I see your point, but selfishly I want to hear Crystal sing Janis :D. We lost her far too early, it would be cool to have someone who could pick up where Janis left off.

May I direct your attention to the amazing Janis cover that my girl Allison performed last season (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgOz5Upf1s0), and which got her booted off the show despite being her best performance of the season. I agree that Crystal would be well suited for Joplin, but if she's going to do it, she needs to save it for the end of the season. Top 3 week maybe. A week when she gets to do more than one song. I mean, there's still a huge chunk of middle American voters who associate dreadlocks and piercings with a druggie counter culture that they don't approve of and it doesn't do her any good to poke that tiger by performing a song by someone who died of a drug overdose. Think of the children!

pollyanna
03-23-2010, 01:12 AM
May I direct your attention to the amazing Janis cover that my girl Allison performed last season (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgOz5Upf1s0), and which got her booted off the show despite being her best performance of the season.

Allison :fragile: Makes me wonder - if she had waited just one season, she could have won this season hands down.

BigB08822
03-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Allison :fragile: Makes me wonder - if she had waited just one season, she could have won this season hands down.

For real! :wuzrobbed

LuckyCharm
03-23-2010, 01:32 AM

Or she might not have made it through auditions.

Kruss
03-23-2010, 02:28 AM
Miley as mentor. How does an autotuned 'singer' mentor real singers???

shan
03-23-2010, 02:50 AM
I'm excited to see the Idolatry recap for this coming week! :lol:

Maybe she'll be good... :scream:

cruisin
03-23-2010, 03:28 AM
May I direct your attention to the amazing Janis cover that my girl Allison performed last season (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgOz5Upf1s0), and which got her booted off the show despite being her best performance of the season. I agree that Crystal would be well suited for Joplin, but if she's going to do it, she needs to save it for the end of the season. Top 3 week maybe. A week when she gets to do more than one song. I mean, there's still a huge chunk of middle American voters who associate dreadlocks and piercings with a druggie counter culture that they don't approve of and it doesn't do her any good to poke that tiger by performing a song by someone who died of a drug overdose.

Unfortunately, you make an excellent point. A little too "counter culture" for most of the voters. Wow, that expression brings me back :lol:

Think of the children!

Oh, the humanity! ;)

ETA: I hadn't heard the studio version of that - Awesome! Thanks for posting it.

Allskate
03-23-2010, 04:36 AM

Nah. Most people would have preferred Tim's hair to Allison's. And she wasn't nearly pageanty enough. I don't think anyone really preferred Gokey's scream to Allison's singing. It wouldn't have mattered what song she performed that week or how well she performed it. She was going home. Cuz, you know, he's a good Christian guy who lost his wife.

I continue to believe that it will not be a Crystal/Siobhan finale and I think it's likely that Crystal will not make it to the final. This is true regardless of what she sings. But, as the contest goes on, she is going to have to branch out a little more musically if she is going to appeal to a wider audience.

PeterG
03-23-2010, 04:44 AM
Mily Cyrus is going to be the mentor this week. I wonder what suggestions she'll give Crystal. :D

Is this a serious post? Or a joke?

If you are serious, then bonus points to whoever is the first to catch a shark and/or some form of jumping during tomorrow night's show... :eek:

uyeahu
03-23-2010, 05:13 AM
Lacey did a great job on Letterman tonight and she kinda got lucky that Buble was the musical guest. Her style probably appealed to a lot of them.

Allskate
03-23-2010, 05:22 AM
Is this a serious post? Or a joke?

If you are serious, then bonus points to whoever is the first to catch a shark and/or some form of jumping during tomorrow night's show... :eek:

Sadly, it is not a joke. If Disney has an animated film with a shark coming out soon, then we'll be sure to see a shark. Perhaps Dora can swim with it. :lol: But, really, the tweens will be thrilled to see Miley, and it's become increasingly clear that they are targeting and attracting a tween audience.