PDA

View Full Version : American Idol (Tues. March 16th) - The Top 12 - Vote For The Best!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25

cruisin
03-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm hoping that, at some point, Crystal does Janis Joplin. I think she can pull it off, in a way that no other AI contestant could, and will come across as talented as she truly is.

rfisher
03-22-2010, 02:05 PM
ETA: Also, I guess I will be skipping the results show... and it appears as though the theory that was posted upthread about bringing in Kesha to make the contestants seem to not suck as much is holding true this week :shuffle:

I skipped it last week. The ABC comedies are much more entertaining than a long drawn out results show and mediocre *guest performers*. Besides, at this point I couldn't care less who is eliminated. There are just too many choices. :lol:

cruisin
03-22-2010, 02:56 PM
I'll DVR it and watch it later. That way, I can fast forward through the muck.

Susan1
03-22-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm hoping that, at some point, Crystal does Janis Joplin. I think she can pull it off, in a way that no other AI contestant could, and will come across as talented as she truly is.

I was thinking she should do a Melissa Etheridge song (I'm the Only One?), or is that as predictable as Janis?

Allskate
03-22-2010, 08:54 PM
I was thinking she should do a Melissa Etheridge song (I'm the Only One?), or is that as predictable as Janis?

Mily Cyrus is going to be the mentor this week. I wonder what suggestions she'll give Crystal. :D

shan
03-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Mily Cyrus is going to be the mentor this week. I wonder what suggestions she'll give Crystal. :D

Oh good grief, are you serious? :eek: That makes me want to stick a pencil in my eye rather than watch the entire show. I think this may be a tape it and ff night!!

Beefcake
03-22-2010, 09:32 PM
:lol:

World CD and DVD sales domination, check
Autobiography, check
Pole dancing on live TV, check

The next of those totally logical steps for a 16 year-old bubble gum popstar is American Idol mentorship, no?

my little pony
03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Mily Cyrus is going to be the mentor this week.

this makes me want to cut myself

I guess she can advise them on getting caps too big for their mouths and smoking a pack of camels a day, it's worked for her.

cruisin
03-22-2010, 10:27 PM

She'll teach her how to make people's ears bleed :lol:.

Miley Cyrus a mentor, I'll let the little yellow (multicolor) faces speak for me: :rolleyes:,& :eek:,& :confused:,& :lol:,& :wideeyes:,& :scream:,& :yikes:

Melissa Etheridge would be good too. I know that both would be predictable, but that's who she is. I can see her writing her own stuff and fitting into that genre. I know that Janis and Melissa are different, but they have the same genuine soul in their voices.

AshleyN
03-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Mily Cyrus is going to be the mentor this week. I wonder what suggestions she'll give Crystal. :DHonestly, it might be worth it just for the potential comedy involved in that scenario.

my little pony
03-22-2010, 10:46 PM
if Crystal makes her cry, I will tween dial for Crystal for the rest of the season

cailuj365
03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
...LOLOL. Miley is the mentor and Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato are performing. That's just horrible. I don't know what else to say. Fun for the little kiddies, I suppose.

Have any of you heard Anoop Desai's (season 8)new single (http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/03/22/first-listen-anoop-desais-bollywood-inspired-my-name/)? I haven't paid any attention to him after last season, but I kind of like this song. It has some Bollywood influences, which I think is pretty interesting.

uyeahu
03-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Melissa Etheridge would be good too. I know that both would be predictable, but that's who she is. I can see her writing her own stuff and fitting into that genre. I know that Janis and Melissa are different, but they have the same genuine soul in their voices.

I really hope she avoids the most predictable stuff. It will do nothing to show that she's bringing something unique to the world of music. I want to see her get thrown a lot of curve balls and then surprise us all with fantastic, original performances. It would be tough for her to do that with Joplin and Etheridge.

rfisher
03-22-2010, 11:20 PM
if Crystal makes her cry, I will tween dial for Crystal for the rest of the season

So would I. I'd even learn how to text.

Beefcake
03-22-2010, 11:38 PM
So would I. I'd even learn how to text.
OMG!1!! RU LIKE 80 UR SMTHNG? LOL!1!!!!! GRL LRN 2TXT, LOL!!1!! AND G3T SOME NU CLOTHAS TOO??!??!??? WTF GAG 90S R SOOOOO 86!!!!1!!! LOL OMG LOL