PDA

View Full Version : American Idol (Tues. March 16th) - The Top 12 - Vote For The Best!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

uyeahu
03-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Does anyone know what the upcoming week's theme is? I'll be in Chicago with Spinner and I need to know whether or not to subject him to it. :D

I vote you subject him to it regardless. I'm sure he's done something to deserve it.

pollyanna
03-22-2010, 12:51 AM
I vote you subject him to it regardless. I'm sure he's done something to deserve it.

What she said. And give him our love. ;)

almost all of them are kind of bad, I dont know how VTFW can pick just one

I can't even learn their names

Glad it's not just me. Other than Siobhan and Crystal, I have to look up a photo to see who posters are talking about. I'm never going to remember who Lee is. :o

Kruss
03-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Does anyone know what the upcoming week's theme is? I'll be in Chicago with Spinner and I need to know whether or not to subject him to it. :D

1) Teen Idol week - will we get Britney or maybe teen idols of the past? If someone does Shaun Cassidy, I'll howl!

2) You're coming to Chicago? Awesome! Enjoy it!

BTW, for whomever may have liked David's Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's for sale as a single at iTunes.

PrincessLeppard
03-22-2010, 01:21 AM
Hmmm. Teen Idol week is either going to be totally voidy or a complete trainwreck. I see no potential for anything in between.

I'll see if we're done shopping before I tell him we need to get home. :D

rfisher
03-22-2010, 01:23 AM
almost all of them are kind of bad, I dont know how VTFW can pick just one

I can't even learn their names

I'm not going to bother until the final 3.

Kruss
03-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Hmmm. Teen Idol week is either going to be totally voidy or a complete trainwreck. I see no potential for anything in between.

I'll see if we're done shopping before I tell him we need to get home. :D

Could it possibly be a voidy trainwreck? :lol:

haribobo
03-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Reports are that its NOT Teen Idols anymore and now its just Billboard #1's. Blah. I guess Nick Jonas and Miley Cyrus are the "singers" for the results show. :slinkaway

cruisin
03-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Am I the only one who finds Miley Cyrus (and her father) to be beyond annoying?

my little pony
03-22-2010, 02:17 AM
i think beyond annoying is rather generous

Kruss
03-22-2010, 02:18 AM
Billboard #1s? I thought that's what they have been doing? Or I guess that was top 100, I dunno. Too confusing.

cruisin
03-22-2010, 02:45 AM
i think beyond annoying is rather generous

:lol: I was holding back!

BigB08822
03-22-2010, 02:53 AM
I think they have been doing a rather vague "BillBoard Hits" which probably allows for them to do any song to ever chart on any of the dozens of BillBoard charts so long as they have approval. This will be much more specific, sometimes there are a shockingly low number of #1's within a year depending how long some songs stay at #1. Of course, this is depending if they are only going by the Hot 100 or if they allow any and all Billboard charts to count...

jenny12
03-22-2010, 05:00 AM
Reports are that its NOT Teen Idols anymore and now its just Billboard #1's. Blah. I guess Nick Jonas and Miley Cyrus are the "singers" for the results show. :slinkaway

That's disappointing. Teen Idols might have been a fun theme, especially if they picked idols from the 1950s and 60s.

shan
03-22-2010, 05:32 AM
I guess Nick Jonas and Miley Cyrus are the "singers" for the results show.

ew!

Fridge_Break
03-22-2010, 07:32 AM
I believe for the semi-final rounds the "theme" was any song that had been on the Billboard Hot 100 at any given time. So basically, almost any song that has ever been on the radio (loosely putting). I think it's a theme to have that doesn't limit the contestants, especially for the semi-finals when we are really starting to get to know the contestants. A few seasons ago they had them all doing 60's and 70's music on the small stage and it really boxed the singers into doing stuff that they really wouldn't normally be doing.

ETA: Also, I guess I will be skipping the results show... and it appears as though the theory that was posted upthread about bringing in Kesha to make the contestants seem to not suck as much is holding true this week :shuffle: