PDA

View Full Version : American Idol (Tues. March 16th) - The Top 12 - Vote For The Best!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25

WindSpirit
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
"Leave Right Now" by Will Young, UK Pop Idol winner season 1. Love him, love the song. :) I agree. Beautiful voice, I recognized him right away.

Oh, I forgot to say: Rolling Stones are one of the most overrated bands in the history. Except for a few songs, their music is so bland and forgetful. It does take Mick Jagger's posturing and his specific vocal inflections to make it memorable and special.

Kruss
03-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Why do they keep having Idols on to perform covers? Why aren't they promoting their own albums? Can't they have Cook on when he has an album to promote?

I'm not exactly sure, but I do know that David said he was a very last-minute addition to the roster this past week. He was on the If I Can Dream home last night (I feel like a voyeur watching that but it was interesting), and it's possibly tied to that promotion, although I was surprised it wasn't mentioned on AI. But to know he'll be on IGB is awesome.

I'm thinking that David being able to talk about his album is good, because it keeps the public reminded that he's still around, still working. Coz, of course, RCA didn't see fit to release more amazing singles off his album. "Declaration" alone should have been a summer release last year - it screams radio-friendly single. But I won't go into that...much. ;)

(yes, my distain for RCA/Sony/19 grows by the day...)

PrincessLeppard
03-19-2010, 06:29 PM
What the heck is IGB?????

Kruss
03-19-2010, 06:30 PM
What the heck is IGB?????

Oops, sorry - Idol Gives Back. They're doing it again this year.

Many apologies, because I actually hate acronyms, yet I just used one. :o

haribobo
03-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Kesha...You could have kind of seen from the beginning she's going to be a one hit wonder.

She's sooo not gonna be a one hit wonder. I hear Blah Blah Blah a lot on the radio now too and I think it's a pretty fun song, though a bit annoying at times and wouldn't have been my choice for 2nd single. She may not be the singer of the century but she's basically the new queen of pop music, and IMO her stuff is amazing and way fun. People have been calling her the poor man's Lady Gaga, but for me... Gaga's new CD only has a few songs I can stand, whereas Ke$ha's whole cd rocks. I'd recommend checking out these 3-

Stephen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22IeoOqQWpM

Your Love is My Drug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UDdYTjXiS8

Kiss N Tell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSfNkDCx49Y&feature=channel

BigB08822
03-19-2010, 06:41 PM
^ Stephen is probably the worst song I have ever heard. So she is a bad Lady Gaga impersonator who also rips of Imogen Heap? :eek:

I admit I did like "Your Love Is My Drug." It was probably one of the first songs I ever heard from her. But that annoying sing song voice she does in almost every song kills me. A person with such an annoying speaking voice should not be making a living doing sing song speak.

I just think she will burn out REALLY fast. No one is a one hit wonder these days because radio will play ANYTHING from someone after a huge hit. So you can at minimum get a decent sized hit with crap if you are following a giant smash. The test is what happens with the next album.

Allskate
03-19-2010, 06:47 PM
If her label wants her on the radio, Kesha will be on the radio. And just because someone is a crappy singer doesn't mean they won't sell. How many copies of "You Belong With Me" did Taylor Swift sell? Kesha may or may not sell music for a little while, but that doesn't mean she's got talent and a good voice. I'm sure you can find people who say otherwise. But, then again, there are people who claim that Hayley is a good singer. :lol: ;)

haribobo
03-19-2010, 07:11 PM
^ Stephen is probably the worst song I have ever heard. So she is a bad Lady Gaga impersonator who also rips of Imogen Heap? :eek:

There's nothing at all resembling Imogen except the intro- and its not as if Imogen is the only other person to mix in harmonizing voices. Me and my friend love this song. I guess I'm just easily pleased.

But I generally despise Taylor Swift and The Jonas Brothers. So I guess I have *some* standards. Just didn't realize how many out there hate Ke$ha...

haribobo
03-20-2010, 05:02 PM
For what its worth, I looked at some polls on rickey.org (4,000 voters) and idolforums (300 voters) and here's the rankings (idolforums was "vote for your favorite" and Rickey was "who do you think will win")

Rickey/idolforums

Siobhan 1/1
Crystal 2/4
Lee 3/3
Didi 4/2
Andrew 5/10
Aaron 6/7
Casey 7/7
Paige 8/9
Mike 9/11
Tim 10/6
Katie 11/5

cruisin
03-21-2010, 01:42 AM
Interesting. I like Siobhan, but there is something about the tone/key of her voice that sounds off sometimes. I really do think Crystal has the better voice, but her "look/style" may hurt her.

uyeahu
03-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Most of the time I find Siobhan's voice unremarkable. She can hit the big notes, no doubt, but the rest of the time it's pretty ho-hum and not something I'd enjoy hearing on the radio. Crystal has a much better voice but she's not always particularly exciting or dynamic. Of the ones left, I'm kinda most excited to see what Didi and Casey are going to do from week to week and I keep hoping for Andrew to finally get a clue and sing like he did in the audition rounds. He hasn't gotten a single performance right since then.

haribobo
03-21-2010, 01:10 PM
These are my thoughts on the Tim Urban/Sanjaya Phenomenon......

So I came to a realization today- I'm going to stop fighting it. To quote Phoebe from Friends "I've decided I'm just gonna let this happen" (re: letting her brother date the 50 year old). At first I was angry with Tim because he kinda swooped in and stole Alex's top 12 spot. And while deep down it still sucks, I've made my peace with it. Tim is an OK fellow. He sings all right, he's cute, and he means well. I think he's going to end up outlasting Katie, Andrew, Aaron, and maybe Mike. The public will be outraged. Tim will experiment with new hairstyles as Sanjaya did and come up with horrid new arrangements of songs that draw shock and horror from the judges. But lets face it folks. This is Idol, and that is what happens. So today, I stopped fighting. By the power vested in me by the holy ghosts of Haley Scarnato and John Stevens, I am going to join the VFTW crew and support the musical crime that is Tim Urban. GO TIM GO!!! :respec:

Who's with me? :P

cruisin
03-21-2010, 02:56 PM
These are my thoughts on the Tim Urban/Sanjaya Phenomenon......

So I came to a realization today- I'm going to stop fighting it. To quote Phoebe from Friends "I've decided I'm just gonna let this happen" (re: letting her brother date the 50 year old). At first I was angry with Tim because he kinda swooped in and stole Alex's top 12 spot. And while deep down it still sucks, I've made my peace with it. Tim is an OK fellow. He sings all right, he's cute, and he means well. I think he's going to end up outlasting Katie, Andrew, Aaron, and maybe Mike.

NOOOOOO! Not Mike! :wuzrobbed He's one of my favorites!

my little pony
03-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Who's with me? :P

almost all of them are kind of bad, I dont know how VTFW can pick just one

I can't even learn their names

PrincessLeppard
03-22-2010, 12:43 AM
Does anyone know what the upcoming week's theme is? I'll be in Chicago with Spinner and I need to know whether or not to subject him to it. :D