PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

my little pony
03-29-2010, 02:51 PM
. Don't even get me started on the ex-governor. What exactly are his talents?

to hear his team members talk, he is beloved for reasons that havent been explained, like Carl on the Simpsons

PeterG
03-29-2010, 04:20 PM
to hear his team members talk, he is beloved for reasons that havent been explained, like Carl on the Simpsons

Apparently, he does not deliver the goods at too early a date...

:eek:

(Although perhaps I misunderstood his wording. A few years back, I read Wuthering Heights and was surprised to read lines such as, "Stop that right now!" Catherine ejaculated. Perhaps the X-guv'nor was using Olde Englishe??)

soxxy
03-29-2010, 07:51 PM
There was a short ad during a commercial break to call and apply for next season's show....they're going back to "regular" people.

ArtisticFan
03-29-2010, 10:05 PM
There was a short ad during a commercial break to call and apply for next season's show....they're going back to "regular" people.

Supposedly the premise is going to be people who were impacted by the economy. This is the info they sent out for auditions that will be taking place in Atlanta.

“The Apprentice” is ready to resume its celebrated search to find the best minds in America at a time when employment opportunities are scarce. People of all ages are encouraged to apply, from the newest college graduates to the more experienced over-40s who have been hard hit by this economy. Whether prospects are recently laid-off, long-term unemployed, a graduate with a daunting job search ahead of them, or simply someone who took a job that is just allowing them to survive the economic downturn, the producers encourage applications.

Prospective executives who feel they have the skills and drive to become “The Apprentice” can apply by either attending one of the program’s nation-wide open calls or by emailing castingnbcapprentice@gmail.com. Applicants are encouraged to explain why they should be the next “Apprentice” and include information regarding how the recession has impacted their lives. Also required is a recent photo as well as name, location and occupation history.

genevieve
04-05-2010, 04:07 PM
That was a cool challenge, and thank god the governor is gone, because it was just too uncomfortable to watch him struggle every time he opened his mouth. I will say that I respect that he wouldn't bring Bret into the boardroom based on how well Michaels did with the creative part of the task (even though it completely ensured Rod's elimination). The only reason I would've had Bret in the boardroom would be because he not only didn't really know the Potterverse (loved when the teen girl was talking about the HP 'canon') but totally brushed Blagojevich off when he tried to correct him. But ultimately that was a failing of the governor anyway, that he didn't set that as a high priority and/or assign someone the task of making sure the details were right.

Glad to see the ladies doing so well again! Of course we can see that they're nowhere near as united as they appear in the boardroom, but this was a great task. Selita did a great job! I loved the effects of the wands jumping out at the kids and when the light and wind came on when they picked up their wands - looked like fun to do as well.

Tenacity's luck in going to run out soon, though, and I anticipate Cyndi Lauper to go down with a big blowout.

PeterG
04-05-2010, 05:38 PM
What a pill that Michael Johnson is! Every single thing out of his mouth was negative. I wish the Guv'ner had taken him back into the boardroom so Mikey could have sprinted all the way home... :rolleyes:

The only reason I would've had Bret in the boardroom would be because he not only didn't really know the Potterverse...

It looked like the men sat around a lot and waited for something to do. They should have spent that time at a computer and learning anything and everything they could have about Harry Potter. To me, all of them were responsible for not knowing much more about their task.

Tenacity's luck in going to run out soon, though, and I anticipate Cyndi Lauper to go down with a big blowout.

Tenacity's luck will run out now probably because in order for the team to have even numbers, they'll have to carry one of the men! :lol: And Cyndi for the win!!! "Muggles and wizards! Muggles and wizards!!" :rofl:

genevieve
04-05-2010, 05:45 PM
It looked like the men sat around a lot and waited for something to do. They should have spent that time at a computer and learning anything and everything they could have about Harry Potter. To me, all of them were responsible for not knowing much more about their task.
I agree with this, and if Blago were a better speaker, he could have used this to get one of the others canned...but he really is just atrocious at speaking (which is odd, you'd think a politician who achieved a governorship would be much better at it), and it's true that ultimately, if his team was standing around not doing anything he's the one responsible for not giving them clear expectations. We didn't see any evidence that he told the people who were standing around to do something, so they didn't disobey him.

soxxy
04-05-2010, 05:47 PM
What's going on between Goldberg and Trump in the boardroom? Goldberg really didn't like Trump saying, "You didn't almost faint? No one does that!" And Goldberg glared at him. And Trump noticed the glare, said "Sheesh" and shook his head. :confused:

Michael Johnson is really, really serious and kind of gloomy. I wonder what he does now?

genevieve
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Trump really is an asshat extraordinaire. I think he was trying to goad Goldberg into providing an explosive boardroom and Goldberg is onto it and refused to give him what he wanted. I expect more harping on Goldberg from Trump.

martian_girl
04-12-2010, 03:22 AM
In a rare event, neither team seemed to royally screw up this week

soxxy
04-12-2010, 03:25 AM
I can't stand the word "funky." The Right Guard execs would never use it in one of their ads, not in 2010 at any rate. I bet the men win this one. I also don't like Holly.

I'm not sure Trump believed Michael....not sure I did either. He seemed unhappy all along.

martian_girl
04-12-2010, 03:40 AM
Holly should go home this week, since the concept and creative decisions were all her's, but I see her introducing Cyndi and Maria to the underside of the bus on her way out the door.

It was a funny commercial, but it wasn't what they were looking for.

soxxy
04-12-2010, 03:43 AM
Yup, Holly should go home, and I'm betting she's going to do a poor job of defending herself. She's aggressive when it's not necessary.

my little pony
04-12-2010, 03:44 AM
I wouldnt miss Holly but Sharon should go home, or in this case I guess the correct wording is to stay there, since she missed a whole task. I dont know why Cyndi and Sharon gets passes for being absent.

martian_girl
04-12-2010, 03:49 AM
I'm somewhat :huh: at Trump's hinting that Sharon is faking her illness.

Everyone is just so niiiice. :lol: