PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Apprentice Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

genevieve
05-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Didn't get to see tonight and won't see the finale due to LOST next Sunday, but GO BRET!!!

PDilemma
05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
So Holly's more "worthy" because she has the sickest child or is a mother cub? I disagree with Sharon and Joan.

Bret's child has diabetes. It is just as bad as autism. Physically, it is worse. No one is feeling sorry for him and saying he should win because of that. And writing Holly's bad behavior off because she is "doing it for her child" is really weak. Not too mention that Ms. All About My Kid named her foundation after herself. :rolleyes:

ArtisticFan
05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Bret's child has diabetes. It is just as bad as autism. Physically, it is worse. No one is feeling sorry for him and saying he should win because of that. And writing Holly's bad behavior off because she is "doing it for her child" is really weak. Not too mention that Ms. All About My Kid named her foundation after herself. :rolleyes:

Thank you. I was wondering if someone else noticed the name of the foundation. I can appreciate the challenges of raising a child with autism, but it is not the end of the world, nor does it qualify Ms. Stuck in 1992 for sainthood.

Her behavior and attitude have been horrible. While Annie and Joan last season certainly had it out for each other and delivered their threats and lines with venom, Holly's attitude is almost worse with her passive aggressive behavior.

I think Bill made a great point that she was the project manager with the most losses compared to the others. Yes, she had the shining moment of the fundraising challenge, but one cannot forget the losses.

genevieve
05-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Don't most celebrities with charities include their name in the agency name? Usually their name is what draws cash to their cause so it makes sense that it would be part of the foundation name. I know a lot of professional athletes' foundations are named after them.

I missed the last episode, but I haven't seen a lot of "feeling sorry" for her on the show. There's been much more attention on Bret's diabetes and now the possible diagnosis of his daughter.

I haven't loved all of Holly's actions during this season, but the name of her foundation is no indication of awfulness. And I think Bret's gotten way more attention on the show for his own diabetes and his daughter's possible diagnosis than Holly has for her son's autism. Add in his current health problems and he's got a lock on the "feel sorry for him" vote.

Don't get me wrong - I want Bret to win. He's been incredibly entertaining, very heartfelt, and :eek: creative and definitely deserves it. But I don't see Holly as the narcissistic pity party the last 2 posts would suggest.

PDilemma
05-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't most celebrities with charities include their name in the agency name? Usually their name is what draws cash to their cause so it makes sense that it would be part of the foundation name. I know a lot of professional athletes' foundations are named after them.

I missed the last episode, but I haven't seen a lot of "feeling sorry" for her on the show. There's been much more attention on Bret's diabetes and now the possible diagnosis of his daughter.

I haven't loved all of Holly's actions during this season, but the name of her foundation is no indication of awfulness. And I think Bret's gotten way more attention on the show for his own diabetes and his daughter's possible diagnosis than Holly has for her son's autism. Add in his current health problems and he's got a lock on the "feel sorry for him" vote.

Don't get me wrong - I want Bret to win. He's been incredibly entertaining, very heartfelt, and :eek: creative and definitely deserves it. But I don't see Holly as the narcissistic pity party the last 2 posts would suggest.

Genevieve, you had to see the last episode. Sharon Osbourne basically gave up on herself making the final in favor of Holly because Holly is "a mother fighting for her child" and Joan Rivers--brought in to interview the remaining contestants and help choose the finalists-- agreed strongly and loudly with this conclusion. In the boardroom, everyone said stuff along the lines of Holly's bad behavior was justified all along because her kid is autistic and this is all about her kid. And she soaked it up and repeated it all and declared herself all about her kid and not at all in it for herself (which is what gives me pause about the name of her foundation). I think Joan and Sharon may have been sincere, but I don't think Holly really was. She had a chance to manipulate the situation and did it. And given the circumstances, there's no reason not to say that Bret is just as much a parent concerned for his child. Only Trump himself acknowledged that while everyone was pitying and fawning over poor poor Holly.

my little pony
05-18-2010, 04:25 PM

during the last show in the boardroom there was a lot of "oh that's so hard" when they discussed Holly

I saw it as a combination of fear of criticizing her due to it + the editors foreshadowing the final x spreading the whole thing out longer than it needed to be

genevieve
05-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Genevieve, you had to see the last episode. Sharon Osbourne basically gave up on herself making the final in favor of Holly because Holly is "a mother fighting for her child" and Joan Rivers--brought in to interview the remaining contestants and help choose the finalists-- agreed strongly and loudly with this conclusion. In the boardroom, everyone said stuff along the lines of Holly's bad behavior was justified all along because her kid is autistic and this is all about her kid. And she soaked it up and repeated it all and declared herself all about her kid and not at all in it for herself (which is what gives me pause about the name of her foundation). I think Joan and Sharon may have been sincere, but I don't think Holly really was. She had a chance to manipulate the situation and did it. And given the circumstances, there's no reason not to say that Bret is just as much a parent concerned for his child. Only Trump himself acknowledged that while everyone was pitying and fawning over poor poor Holly.
mmm, got it. That would definitely leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I kind of wonder if Sharon was tired of doing the whole show and didn't feel like battling it out for the last task. She was really sick for the first half of the show and almost quit - and won a lot of $$ for her charity - so I wonder if she was trying to find reasons to keep Holly instead of her. It seems out of character for her not to fight for herself, and certainly based on the season I expected a Bret/Sharon finale.

ArtisticFan
05-18-2010, 05:07 PM

Yes, her name would be a part of the title of the foundation. However, the name of it gives no indication to what the foundation's purpose is in the scheme of things. My feelings aren't limited to Holly, but it is a good example. John Smith Foundation tells me nothing about the mission of the organization or why I should give my hard earned money to it. John Smith Foundation Against Cancer tells me something.

It isn't so much that she has her name in the title. If that's what works for the foundation to raise money, that's great. However, I have very little knowledge of her organization other than it was named after herself and her husband. After looking at the foundation's web site, I found out that not only does the organization help families who are caring for someone with autism, but it also includes Parkinson's Disease.

It's the attitude she portrayed in this last episode and somewhat in previous ones. She is a mother of a son who is autistic. I'm not diminishing that, but she was not recognizing (on camera at least) the struggles and challenges of others in relation to their charitable organizations in this episode. Michaels and Osborne both have struggled with the diesease they are trying to raise money to fight against on this show. She even tells Trump that she is more passionate about her cause than they are about theirs. That just doesn't sit right with me.

She has her moments where she does seem to realize that others do exist. She did offer Sharon a share of the money from that challenge where she won. I don't know what came of it, but that was a nice moment.

The control freak in her is grating, but not any more so than most bosses I know. She can be rude and bit too personal/clique-centered. However, my main issue with her was this aura that seems to come out of her that she is the only one there for a noble reason. I disliked Annie Duke last season even more, but I never doubted her commitment to her organization. I doubted her knowledge about it, but not her commitment.

PDilemma
05-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Yes, her name would be a part of the title of the foundation. However, the name of it gives no indication to what the foundation's purpose is in the scheme of things. My feelings aren't limited to Holly, but it is a good example. John Smith Foundation tells me nothing about the mission of the organization or why I should give my hard earned money to it. John Smith Foundation Against Cancer tells me something.

Such as The Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Foundation. Or The Darryl Strawberry Foundation for Autism?

And Bret's charity is actually a fund within the American Diabetes Association.

love skating
05-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I guess I'm in the minority because I really like Holly. I also think the finale will be unfair for her. How is she supposed to attack Bret in the final live boardroom and how can Trump fire Bret after what's happened to him? It's unfair to Bret too because if he does win, some people will assume it's the sympathy factor that won it for him. Too bad the winner wasn't decided beforehand (like Survivor for example) instead of the live finale. I never liked the live decision because it always gives Trump time to see how the public perceives things and I feel he gets swayed by public opinion.

PeterG
05-19-2010, 04:20 AM
I guess I'm in the minority because I really like Holly. I also think the finale will be unfair for her. How is she supposed to attack Bret in the final live boardroom and how can Trump fire Bret after what's happened to him? It's unfair to Bret too because if he does win, some people will assume it's the sympathy factor that won it for him. Too bad the winner wasn't decided beforehand (like Survivor for example) instead of the live finale. I never liked the live decision because it always gives Trump time to see how the public perceives things and I feel he gets swayed by public opinion.

I think Trump will show his soft side in the finale like he did a few weeks back when no one was eliminated. He will set it up so nobody has a chance to confront one another and when it's time to declare the winner, he'll say it's a tie and split the money in two for each side.

Not only that, but Trump himself will pull out an extra 50 bucks from his wallet for each charity. For he is a giver.

Norlite
05-19-2010, 11:26 AM
For he is a giver.

So true. I heart him.

:lol:

Cupid
05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Don't forget to watch Bret on Oprah today. Im setting my DVR now.

It would be cold-hearted of Trump to fire Bret if he doesn't do as well as Holly, but fair is fair. If it's going to be obvious that she did a lot better, then she deserves to win. If it looks close, then I can see him saying they are tied and splitting the money. In any event, the ratings will probably the highest his show has ever received because of Bret.

kimkom
05-19-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm really rooting for Bret, but I hope he doesn't go for the sympathy vote at the live show. He is completely capable of winning it all without going the "look what I've been through" route.

Japanfan
05-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Holly should have gone last week instead of Cindi - that Trump fired Cindi indicates that he wants Holly to be his Apprentice because of her fund-raising abilities. I'm rooting for Brett but suspect that Holly has got this in the bag.

Sharon self-selected out and I was sad about that as I really liked her. Basically she had a melt-down although the reasons weren't clear. Has she had any children herself? If not, she may have been romanticizing Holly.

IMO Holly is clearly cool and competent and you can't deny that even if you don't like her (and I don't),