PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga/Beyonce - New Telephone Video - NSFW!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

oleada
03-13-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm in the belt buckle of the Bible Belt and Lady Gaga plays here on the radio pretty much nonstop.

And I'm totally addicted to her music :cheer:

deltask8er
03-13-2010, 05:43 PM
They are not using their seat belts! :drama: Didn't they learn from the :lynch: Hannah Montana got? :P

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-02-11-miley-cyrus_N.htm

Indra486
03-13-2010, 06:36 PM
::raises hand slowly::

hi, my name is MLP and I love Lady Gaga's CDs

I like her music too. :D

As for the video? The editing was choppy. I'm meh about it. It's not a bad video, save for the editing. I think there's a continuity from her Paparazzi video (she's finally going to jail for murder). The dialogue with Beyonce was hilarious. It's very Tarantino. Her ridiculous choreography is always fun.

Because of her collab on Beyonce's Videophone, it's good business to release Telephone. However, what would have worked is if both videos were running on the same theme. That would have been more interesting. Had it not been for the collaboration, Alejandro or Monster would have been released instead.

I still like the Bad Romance video the best.

cailuj365
03-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Gaga's music is essentially club music. If she doesn't figure out how to go beyond this genre then her popularity will eventually be restricted back to only the club scenes. Her voice isn't bad but for now there's no soul behind it.

I think Gaga is talented enough to go beyond club music. Have you heard Speechless? In my opinion, it's her first "real song." :P I adore it, especially the live version. I love all of her other songs too, but Speechless was the first one that really affected me with something other than having an insanely catchy beat to dance to. Her acoustic versions of songs are quite good too, especially Poker Face. However, I think it's her label that doesn't want her to release Speechless as a single even though she performs it everywhere. It probably wouldn't do well on the radio, and that may be true today, but the dance-pop craze that's popular right now won't last forever. If Gaga is a true artist, she'll reinvent herself, and I'm sure she will.

I adore the Bad Romance video. That is one song with a shitload of hidden meanings and she brings them all out in the video while still having them hidden. Do a google search and there is this great website all about the meaning of the song and how the video works with it. It really made me appreciate the video a lot more.

So, I took your advice and read something about The Occult Meaning of that song, and I personally don't care. While I appreciate the effort that Gaga put into it and all of the references, that's just not why I think her music is great. I just love the melody and the beats in the background...and that's pretty much true for all of her singles for me. It's why I also love Telephone as a song too. They're all just catchy as hell. I don't even know what she says in Bad Romance half the time, so any hidden lyric meaning is completely separate to why I enjoy that song. I don't even have ANY meaning attached to that song. I know that probably makes me look incredibly simple, but I judge my music by the melody and the voice and the overall sound/instrumentation. Lyrics are faraway on the list of importance for me and they only touch me with its obvious, superficial meaning. Any more than that is honestly too much work. "Hidden meanings" don't make me sing and dance to Bad Romance any harder and they don't really make want to watch the video any more.

And no, I don't enjoy most poetry. :lol:

BigB08822
03-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I actually completely understand what you say when you said you just enjoy the melody, voice, etc. I am the same way. I just enjoyed the video for Bad Romance because it brought a new aspect of the song to the front for me, the lyrics. I am one of those people who can love a song and know every word but not have the faintest idea what the song is actually about. Then one day someone will talk about the meaning of a song and I am like "oh yeah, I guess it is about..." I just never listen or pay attention to lyrics. I have found that changing a bit as I get older...not sure why.

olympic
03-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Did anyone catch the name of the dating website that the Prison Matron was viewing? It comes as Gaga is exiting prison. Something like 'Go Fish' or 'Gone Fishing' :lol:

genevieve
03-13-2010, 10:37 PM
It's Plenty of Fish, a real dating site. In fact, I've seen ads for it here on FSU :lol:

UGG
03-13-2010, 11:51 PM
She is very talented. People who think she has just an ok voice have not done their homework. Oh and I love her and I am 33 and all my friends do too...:shuffle:

here she is on Ellen playing the piano and SANGING http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lady+gaga+ellen+speechless&search_type=&aq=0

my little pony
03-14-2010, 01:33 AM
I think Gaga is talented enough to go beyond club music. Have you heard Speechless? In my opinion, it's her first "real song." :P I adore it, especially the live version.

it's beautiful and I generally don't like slower songs

:slinkaway

genevieve
03-14-2010, 02:39 AM
here she is on Ellen playing the piano and SANGING http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lady+gaga+ellen+speechless&search_type=&aq=0
I love in the interview with Ellen where she says how people are always shocked that she sings live and says "I kinda thought that was part of the gig" if you call yourself a singer (I'm guessing britney won't be performing on Ellen anytime soon).

But she not only sings live but sings while well she is dancing. Part of that is keeping her choreography such that she can sing while doing it, but she still does the movement incredibly well. She just commits to everything about her performance 100%.

Anita18
03-14-2010, 06:12 AM
It's Plenty of Fish, a real dating site. In fact, I've seen ads for it here on FSU :lol:
I met my bf on Plenty of Fish. :shuffle:

Rex
03-14-2010, 03:49 PM
:lol: I couldn't get past a minute or so. Boring to the max.

Seriously. I'm sick of both of them.

Satellitegirl
03-14-2010, 04:14 PM
My mom abhors Lady Gaga, but I love her. I always like people who have the ability to make me want to dance lol. She's just fun, she's a showwoman. I expect over the top and bizarre, and love it.

Also this song is great to work out to :)

random video of some dancers doing a routine to part of the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3e1IhOKGQ4

topaz
03-14-2010, 04:47 PM
I liked the video and I like the song, I think it is a very well produced song. The Fame Monster, I love. I can't wait for the release of "So Happy I Could Die", which I think is an instant classic, It will be played in clubs for years to come.

susan6
03-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Lady Gaga's stuff is ridiculously catchy. I'm a bit older than her target demographic, but I still enjoy her songs. Even though I know it's soulless pop. And Gaga ADMITS it's soulless pop.

The video of course has nothing to do with the actual song, but gave Gaga and Beyonce an excuse to throw together a crazy bizarre concept video. I saw it debut on E! a couple nights ago (because it's not like there are specific "music video channels" that specialize in playing music videos anymore). Yeah, it's shock for shock value's sake and nothing we haven't seen in various forms before, but, like the song, it's ridiculously catchy.

It's a damn shame what they did to that dog, though.

If Gaga had managed to get Harvey Keitel to make a cameo, that would have been money. The song's all about phone calls, and in a couple movies referenced by the video (Pulp Fiction and Thelma and Louise....the final shot of Gaga and Beyonce's clasped hands is practically a direct lift from T+L), Harvey Keitel's character has some key telephone conversations with the protagonists.