PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga/Beyonce - New Telephone Video - NSFW!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

marbri
03-13-2010, 04:47 AM
Then who? That is so campy and pretentious at the same time. I can't imagine another audience for it, from a developmental standpoint. :confused:

You just have to read FSU to see her audience is older than 12-15.

Prancer
03-13-2010, 04:56 AM
I didn't like it. Gaga's trying too hard.

Yup. Crap video. And I :rolleyes: at her whole persona thing, which is a load of manufactured swill. But

::raises hand slowly::

hi, my name is MLP and I love Lady Gaga's CDs

:raises hand, too.:

You just have to read FSU to see her audience is older than 12-15.

PML! Somehow I think Gaga would be aghast to find an old broad like me nodding my head like yeah to her tunes while I drive.

genevieve
03-13-2010, 06:08 AM
I totally fecking love this video :rofl: I like the song too, but the complete batshitness of the video, combined with awesome dancing, made me immediately watch it again once it had stopped.

And Beyonce looks awesome with that Bettie Page hairdo.

caseyedwards
03-13-2010, 06:28 AM
Best video since Thriller.

genevieve
03-13-2010, 06:32 AM
I also appreciate the random MJ tribute move thrown in there :lol:

ebayj
03-13-2010, 06:43 AM
I love that FSUers have a point of view.

For what little it may be worth, Gaga has a massive club kid (up to like age 30 age band) and gay following out here on the West Coast.

:respec:my little pony!

And Prancer, she would probably completely dig that you rock out to her stuff. She is nothing but appreciative toward her fans, and was just as much so when she was a nobody playing in dive clubs in New York City when she was 18.

Anita18
03-13-2010, 07:05 AM
So it's just Kill Bill? An amusing reference that I doubt a lot of her fans will get.

The song is already a huge hit on the circuit. It's played at least 3-4 times a night at the clubs.
The entire thing has shades of Tarantino in it, from the femme fatales to the casual violence to the overall cheese. And yes, Tarantino offered her use of the original Pussy Wagon. :rofl:

I like it. She's completely over the top but shamelessly so in its awareness. I can get behind it. And sure, the song is stupid but boy is it CATCHY. :shuffle:

Matryeshka
03-13-2010, 07:20 AM
What horrible, uninispired, awful, beyond pretentious dreck. :blah:

I've now watched this awfulness three times. Might try for a fourth before I go to bed.

cailuj365
03-13-2010, 07:27 AM
For what little it may be worth, Gaga has a massive club kid (up to like age 30 age band) and gay following out here on the West Coast.

Is that why Adam Lambert can't stop fanboying over her? :lol:

I loooove Gaga's super-catchy songs and I like that she's different. When she comes back out here again, I'll be the first to buy tickets!! However, I'm a little over her pulling meaning out of song lyrics that really just aren't there. This video looks great with all of the editing and fashion, and even the dancing was better than her normal jerky fare, but why I like this song is because it's about a chick sassing her boyfriend when she's partying at a dance club and she really just can't be bothered with him at the moment. When the prison scene started, I thought it was one of those ads that they show before the actual video. It was just an unexpected premise, and to be honest, I would probably have enjoyed a simpler, dance club video with a twist a lot more. Of course, that wouldn't be "innovative" though. :rolleyes:

Then again, I think the Bad Romance video is sooo overrated (even though the song itself is EPIC) and most people adore it, so maybe I just don't get Gaga's uber-creativity.

I laughed really hard though at the Jai Rodriguez cameo. :lol: I've had a soft spot for him since his useless role on Queer Eye.

UMBS Go Blue
03-13-2010, 07:36 AM
It's receiving nonstop airplay on 94.9 and 99.7 here in the Bay Area, in addition to "Bad Romance."

Numbers123 and I are tinkering with a new podium-worthy free dance for Worlds that will be truly contemporary. It will include the aforementioned Lady Gaga selections plus:
B.o.b. - Nothin' On You (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PTDv_szmL0)
Ke$ha - Tik Tok (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6XpLQM2Cs)
Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart Feat. Ludacris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_SI2EDM6Lo)

We will be sure to make full use of the arena speaker systems. Volume, bass, treble: FULL BLAST. And don't even get me started on Numbers's new costume. :smokin:

cailuj365
03-13-2010, 07:40 AM
Of course this song is played a lot. It's #1 on the radio play right now. Anything less would have been a failure for Gaga! LOL!

Quintuple
03-13-2010, 08:08 AM
All the crazy high production value, shock poses, "star power", product placement, and trashy haaay can't make up for the wretched ADD editing. It just makes the whole thing awful.

The only thing I want outta that thing is the blue origami phone hat. I want that.

orbitz
03-13-2010, 02:22 PM

Gaga's music is essentially club music. If she doesn't figure out how to go beyond this genre then her popularity will eventually be restricted back to only the club scenes. Her voice isn't bad but for now there's no soul behind it.

berthesghost
03-13-2010, 03:29 PM
I saw the "world premier exclusive" on E the other night! lol

I found it interesting but uneven. Some pieces were really good, but others were so dull. Get thee to an editor stat Gaga. :P

Obviously inspired by Russ Myers, especially "Faster Pussycat, kill, kill" only no one is giving credit to the homage.

Billy Bush called it "Thelma and Louise". right......

BigB08822
03-13-2010, 05:32 PM
However, I'm a little over her pulling meaning out of song lyrics that really just aren't there. This video looks great with all of the editing and fashion, and even the dancing was better than her normal jerky fare, but why I like this song is because it's about a chick sassing her boyfriend when she's partying at a dance club and she really just can't be bothered with him at the moment. When the prison scene started, I thought it was one of those ads that they show before the actual video. It was just an unexpected premise, and to be honest, I would probably have enjoyed a simpler, dance club video with a twist a lot more. Of course, that wouldn't be "innovative" though. :rolleyes:

I completely agree. This kind of goes back to what I say about how I would rather she do an epic 10 minute video for another song. This song is exactly about what you said, nothing more nothing less and I think it is weird to stretch the meaning just for a video.

Then again, I think the Bad Romance video is sooo overrated (even though the song itself is EPIC) and most people adore it, so maybe I just don't get Gaga's uber-creativity.

I adore the Bad Romance video. That is one song with a shitload of hidden meanings and she brings them all out in the video while still having them hidden. Do a google search and there is this great website all about the meaning of the song and how the video works with it. It really made me appreciate the video a lot more.