PDA

View Full Version : ANTM Cycle 14

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

genevieve
03-18-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm also not loving Andre Leon Talley. I really felt like he backed Alasia's picture in the first round because he liked her. The only way he'd hang that hideous picture in his salon would be for laughs. bring back Paulina!!!! :wuzrobbed

sodapop
03-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I was amazed how bad Naduah both photographed and did runway because she was so good in casting. I thought they might keep her around for some :drama: but she really was weak and deserved to go.

You can tell Andre Leon Talley is already pissing off Tyra. I love it.

Nomad
03-18-2010, 07:55 PM
You can tell Andre Leon Talley is already pissing off Tyra. I love it.

Talley may be pretentious and ridiculous (Gucci-esque-ish? Seriously, André?) but any judge who pisses off Her Royal Tyness can't be all bad.

I'm okay with the eliminations so far. I did hope that Naduah would last longer, partly because her accent seemed as changeable as the girls said her backstory was.

I was a little surprised that Ren turned out to be this cycle's Weeping Willow. I won't be surprised if she quits or just gives up in a challenge/shoot and gets eliminated soon.

I'm not sure who the front runners are yet. Definitely not Alexandra or the moms (Anslee and Jessica?). Brenda already got the "photographs old" critique, so she's doomed. (I really liked her nude photo, though. She looks good with dark hair.) Krista might make it halfway. Angelea's House Bitch, so we're probably stuck with her for a while, but she won't win. Alasia strikes me as C7's Monique 2.0. I'm sick of her already. Simone seems to be headed for the "resting on pretty" edit. I can see Raina and Tatianna in the F2, with someone unlikely (Angelea for ex.) rounding out the F3.

Sparks
03-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Talley may be pretentious and ridiculous (Gucci-esque-ish? Seriously, André?) but any judge who pisses off Her Royal Tyness can't be all bad.
:respec:

Alasia is also so intollerable that she will stick around for awhile...she creates a lot of :drama:

Ajax
03-19-2010, 06:18 PM
:respec:

Alasia is also so intollerable that she will stick around for awhile

If I had to live with Alasia I'm sure I would have thrown a hairbrush at her already. I don't blame the other girls for being sick of her.

Stormy
03-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Alasia is obnoxious and immature. I don't blame Ren for telling her to STFU. I actually think Jessica could be a front runner. She can do pretty and fresh as well as high fashion. I think she'll at least go overseas.

chantilly
03-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Alasia is obnoxious and immature. I don't blame Ren for telling her to STFU. I actually think Jessica could be a front runner. She can do pretty and fresh as well as high fashion. I think she'll at least go overseas.

I agree somewhat. She is annoying but I don't think Ren had the right to tell her to "STFU" I thik she could have been a little more polite in asking her to keep it down.

I hope Ren can stop being the weeping willow too because I like her a lot. Still don't think Gabrielle or even Nadua should have gone home. Alasia pic was terrible whatever that freak Talley says. And At least Nadua was interesting although not as interesting as she thinks apparently.

Hate Angelea and I think she looks like a drag queen.

I like Jessica and Tatiana and Raina. Krista at 24 is actually too old and a red head won last year so bye-bye Brenda.

Simone is pretty but dull and not a model I don't think.

Alexandra I think will go next.

By the way does anyone think the bickering is a bit much this year. So far there has been a fight every episode including the one coming and all between different girls! I really don't remember a season where there was a squabble EVERY episode.

Nomad
03-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Well, like Sparks said, Alasia creates drama, so if Angelea fails as a shit-disturber, they've got a back-up.

IceKween
03-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Was bummed to lose Gabrielle so early but honestly, her photo was atrocious.

Raina is now my favorite.

Alasia's picture was almost so wtf and horrible that I felt she deserved a second chance. Gabrielle did safe and, um, something I can't figure, so I'm glad she went home.
I have an extremely high success rate (said in Patti Stanger style) in picking the finalists from the get go. The ones that have stood out are Brenda, Raina, and Simone. I'd pick Brenda right now, but anyone could have an awful week and get eliminated.

all_empty
03-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Sorry, I did mean Simone, not Sonia.

Japanfan
03-21-2010, 07:37 AM
There seems to be a pattern in the cycles and the winners the past few cycles have been: Latina, plus-sized, awkward/anti-social, and exotic Black. And is there a blonde somewhere in there?

So maybe it's time for a new type of black winner or a girl of mixed ethnicity to win?

Nomad
03-21-2010, 07:45 AM
There seems to be a pattern in the cycles and the winners the past few cycles have been: Latina, plus-sized, awkward/anti-social, and exotic Black. And is there a blonde somewhere in there?

So maybe it's time for a new type of black winner or a girl of mixed ethnicity to win?

CariDee C7 was a natural blonde. Mixed race winners of past cycles: Yoanna C2 and Naima C4. A new type of black winner would be Simone, the Honor Student. She goes to Duke.

IceKween
03-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Eh, I was hoping Ren would get a better attitude, because I thought she had great potential. But she was the pits. I still think final three is Reina, Brenda, and Simone. I still don't get Angelea, at all. And I didn't see the brilliance of Alasia's pic either. Hmm.

skipaway
03-25-2010, 01:24 AM
May have been in another thread...where's Ms. Jay this year, why isn't he judging?

Ajax
03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm glad Ren is gone, girl was just annoying... Can't believe she ratted the others out to Brenda. I thought almost all of the photos were disappointing this week, despite such a promising theme.

Alasia's outfit at panel :yikes: