PDA

View Full Version : Dancing w/the Stars 10: Which skaters will appear this season?

Beefcake
03-09-2010, 04:08 PM
With Evan skating for the mirrorball in DWTS10, we're bound to see some figure skaters in the audience. Kristi Yams is a given as a former Dancing champ, and Scottie Ham won't miss an opportunity :bribe: to cross-promote. So those two aren't on this list.

Which of these skating stars will make a live appearance on DWTS10?

Tanith Belbin and/or Ben Agosto
Sasha Cohen
Meryl Davis and/or Charlie White
Michael Weiss
Surprise OGMer 2-fer: Tara Lipinski or Sarah Hughes
Brian Boitano
Queen/Kween 2-fer: Yu-na Kim or Michelle Kwan
Johnny Weir
Xue Shen and/or Hongbo Zhao
Katarina Witt
BeefySwoon 2-fer: Mirai Nagasu or Jeremy Abbott
Joannie Rochette
Glamourpuss 2-fer: Yuka Sato or Miki Ando
Evgeny Plushenko

bek
03-10-2010, 03:18 AM
What does live appearance mean? Does it mean we see them in the crowd etc?

Beefcake
03-10-2010, 05:16 AM
Live: In the crowd, on the stage. Like, say, Weiss and Tanith sitting in the audience. Or, say, Meryl & Charlie doing a surprise dance to an surprisingly on-key live performance by Taylor Swift, during the show. Or, say, Sasha catching and sniffing Evan's tossed undies at the end of his Salsa dance. (BoG reference there.)

Not live: Appearing in, say, a video of SOI castmates giving Evan a big "go get 'em". Or, say, Yu-Na and the Schnoz appearing with Kenny Mayne on a segment of DanceCenter ... unless of course it's a live version of DanceCenter done during the telecast.

bek
03-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm going to say it now because I already have a lot of money guaranteed. But I think (Unless Evan gets kicked of early...) Mirai has a great chance of showing. She lives in LA (which is where its at right?) And well her and Evan are tight. If she went to see Evan on Leno was it?, I have a hard time thinking she won't show up in the audience sometime for Dancing.

mysticchic
04-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Tara was on already!!

Garden Kitty
04-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm going to say it now because I already have a lot of money guaranteed. But I think (Unless Evan gets kicked of early...) Mirai has a great chance of showing. She lives in LA (which is where its at right?) And well her and Evan are tight. If she went to see Evan on Leno was it?, I have a hard time thinking she won't show up in the audience sometime for Dancing.

Mirai is doing 25 stops on the SOI tour, including most of the April stops on the East Coast. Since Evan has to miss shows to fly back and do DWTS, it's unlikely many of the SOI cast will be there in person since they'd probably have to fly back with Evan and miss shows. SOI hits the LA area in late May (5/20 and 5/21)

UMBS Go Blue
04-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Can someone help keep track of skater appearances on this show because I never have time to watch network TV on weeknights? ;)

For the other in-progress reality show TV bets (DWTS, TAR, AI) I can refer to elimination matrices on Wikipedia to see who's being eliminated each week and who eventually makes the top 3. :)

Beefcake
04-15-2010, 03:48 PM
All the ones I placed bets on have appeared. :saint:

UMBS Go Blue
05-27-2010, 09:08 AM
So, in all seriousness, were any of these skaters on this season? Apparently Tara as mysticchic mentioned?

Beefcake
05-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Crap bet. The vBookie should be embarrassed. :P

mysticchic
06-07-2010, 03:02 AM
when do we expect payouts? Do we get interest on the wait? : )

Prancer
06-07-2010, 03:14 AM
Crap bet. The vBookie should be embarrassed. :P

SHARPIE should give you a reward for this one :lol:.

Beefcake
06-08-2010, 03:58 PM
SHARPIE should give you a reward for this one :lol:.
She did. 2nd prize in a beauty contest! Oh, wait, that was Monopoly.

Anyway, Mr. Go Blue, you can close this one with just the flutzy Tara/Sarah combo winning.

So was it DWTS or Evan that skaters didn't want to be associated with?

Miss Weir would've filled the stands weekly with fellow skaters and other frienemies. :shuffle:

UMBS Go Blue
06-11-2010, 04:56 AM
All right, I was going to scroll through all the DWTS threads just to be sure, but gave up. :drama:

As long as I'm vBookie, all vBets will be verifiable through a link from this point forward (i.e. link to FSU thread, ISU wedgie results, sports articles/box scores, other web site). ;)