PDA

View Full Version : "Kings on Ice" tour in April: Plushenko, Lambiel, Weir and S&S

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

galaxy
03-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Isn't it the first time that Plushenko invited Brain to his shows? Wow, unbelievable...

They are rivals, but not enemies. And they are quad-mates.:D

Plushenko, Lambiel, Joubert, Weir....awesome!:swoon:
I'm sure they will see Japanese fans in the audience.:D
Each one of them has huge fan base in Japan and there are fans who wouldn't mind flying to Russia or Europe to see their favorites.:)

angietang
03-20-2010, 05:06 PM
And they are quad-mates.:D

You are poking fun at them, aren't you?:rolleyes: According to some media reports, they hate each other. That is why I am surprised to learn that Brian joined Plushenko's shows.

Squibble
03-20-2010, 07:29 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2010-03-19-4201545750_x.htm

Plushenko's agent Ari Zakarian confirmed Friday that the gold medalist at the 2006 Games in Turin has withdrawn from next week's worlds at the same arena. Plushenko also owns a silver medal from the 2002 Olympics.

"He is in perfect condition," Zakarian said Friday. "But yesterday in practice he had 54 jumps and he started getting pain on the quad toe. So doctors advised him to rest for two weeks.

"He does not want to compete without the quad."

Does this mean that Plushenko won't be performing in St. Petersburg, Moscow, or Stockholm? Or does it mean that he'll show up and not attempt any quads? :watch:

Fashionista
03-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Did he suppose to attempt any quads in shows?

Squibble
03-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Did he suppose to attempt any quads in shows?

I have no idea. But if his doctors really advised him to rest for two weeks, then he shouldn't be doing shows, regardless of whether he was going to do a quad.

senorita
03-20-2010, 09:23 PM
well it is not first time someone skates in a show injured and Plushenko has long history of skating with a bad knee and hip. I m sure they wont cancel the tour. It is different than going to Worlds.
He was doing quad and triple axels in AOI tour the previous week, maybe that got him.
Stephane also jumped amazing quad there.

joeperryfan
03-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Nathalie Péchalat and Fabian Bourzat will perform in the shows in Romania, Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

igniculus
03-28-2010, 11:46 AM
What a treat!

Jackie Sparrow
03-28-2010, 12:05 PM
I bought tickets to the show in Moscow. ;)

Too bad Aliona and Robin aren't coming to Russia, but I understand they'll probably need a break after Worlds. :( They have a show in Chemnitz on 30 March; dedicated to themselves :D

Hindernisse
03-29-2010, 08:44 AM
They have a show in Chemnitz on 30 March; dedicated to themselves :D

:) Ironic.

Jackie Sparrow
03-29-2010, 09:31 AM
:) Ironic. It wasn't their idea :P I don't even know if they skate in it but they at least gotta be there, right? :D

shallwedansu
03-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Johnny's Bad Romance fancam (http://video.yandex.ru/users/ninastya/view/13/?autostart=yes)

I like Poker Face a lot more. The skating here seems a bit too slow for the song.

Hindernisse
03-31-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm back from the Moscow show and we were robbed of Bad Romance. Johnny skated Yunona & Avos as he usually does skating in ehxibitions in Russia. I heard Ari asked skaters to use calmer music where possible to pay tribute to those killed in the tragedy in Moscow metro.

I missed the opening and half of Plushenko's Tango because I refused to go to the show hungry after work and we dropped by a Mexican place with my sister.

Johnny looks worn out, he had no speed and no energy.

Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov skated their SP, Maria doubled sbs triple toe, but the throw was gourgeous. The announcer mentioned it was one of the last apperances of the pair. Maria teared up and cried :drama:

Brian skated an exhibition to his SP type of music (it's pretty famous, but I don't know the name) and managed to wake me and my sister up after hoola-hoop and other acrobats. He landed a couple of triple jumps and did a lot of his trade-mark crowd-pleasing steps.

Tatiana Voloshozhar and Stanislav Morosov skated to some lyrical piece of music. When they took the ice my sister who doesn't follow figure skating closely remarked that he doesn't look athletic at all. At the end of their performance she was like: "Those lift and throws are gorgeous".

Yuko and Alexander Smirnov did their Waltz exhibition program, by the end of which my sis went totally :swoon: over Alexander. As for me, I really liked Yuko's outfit and would like to see her wear something like that more often.

Acrobats who performed in between those acts from the "real" skaters were mostly boring to my taste.

During the intermission the organisers arranged some sort of authograph session in the foye with Johnny, Brian and Stephane which involved some :yikes: screaming from teenage fans.

The second act was opened by a joint number from Brian, Stephane, Evgeni and Johnny. My sister and I were :eek: at Johnny's decollete on the back apparently inspired by Elene Gedevanishvili's Carmen dress. Video from St. Petersburg show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzsZ0QZCm64) I enjoyed this number a lot, all four guys did a good job. And it was a unique chance to see Stephane to skate to this type of music which he probably wouldn't ever pick himself. And I must say he looked VERY convincing.

Ne me quitte pas from Stephane was by far the hightlight for us. Exquisite :swoon:

Plushenko performed "Believe" with Dima Bilan and Edvin Marton. Dima is terrible at lip-syncing. :D

There was also Alena Leonova, but her number was very forgettable.

During the finale Steph popped the first quad attempt due to flawed take-off, but landed a gorgeous one right after :respec:

Sorry for the typos! :)

Jackie Sparrow
03-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Ne me quitte pas and then Believe...oh my...:rofl:

Hindernisse
03-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Ne me quitte pas and then Believe...oh my...:rofl:

They were not in the row. There were acrobats in between. ;)