PDA

View Full Version : March Madness Baby! NCAA Hoops!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

reese
03-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I picked West Virginia to win, but Kentucky looked REALLY good last night against Wake Forest.

Hoping for at least one more big upset today. It's so much more fun.

elka_sk8
03-21-2010, 05:33 PM
OMG, KANSAS IS OUT!

:lol: at millions of brackets imploding. mine as well.

That was such a great game! I couldn't help but cheer for Nothern Iowa. That last minute 3-pointer by Ali was awesome.

Yeah in my office pool I think 3/4 of the people picked Kansas to win. I'm the wierdo who picked Syracuse-WV for the final, so my bracket still has a little life in it. :lol:

Cuse is totally dominating the Zags right now, it's crazy. :cheer: Hope MD does the same against Mich State later!

rfisher
03-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I picked West Virginia to win, but Kentucky looked REALLY good last night against Wake Forest.

Hoping for at least one more big upset today. It's so much more fun.

I work in WV and live in KY. Go Wildcats. If Arkansas can't be there, KY is the next best thing.

altai_rose
03-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Go Cornell!

It would be nice to have something to cheer about in light of the tragedies (2 student suicides) at Cornell last week.

Charlini
03-22-2010, 12:28 AM
:cheer2: Yay, for Cornell & Syracuse!! :cheer2:

mkats
03-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Yay Cornell! :cheer:

pollyanna
03-22-2010, 01:02 AM
I was sitting with a Northern Iowa alumni at a sports bar during that game tonight and he literally ran around the dining area of the restaurant cheering when the game was over, LOL :lol: Our other friends and I were cracking up but I don't blame him for being totally stoked for his team! It was totally awesome and several of the other customers came over to high five him or shake his hand to congratulate him. I usually don't care much about basketball but that was a great game and I'm so happy for my friend. Gotta love the big upsets!! :biggrinbo

My brother is a professor at Northern Iowa. Just after the game he called me screaming in my ear until I was deaf. :lol: He's really a lifelong Louisville fan, but he couldn't help but be thrilled that his little university knocked off one of the top teams. :encore:

Jimena
03-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Yay Cornell! :cheer:

Yay! My alma mater kicking ass. In basketball! Who would've thought?

Fridge_Break
03-22-2010, 07:16 AM
GO GREEN!!!

hirshey girl
03-22-2010, 11:52 AM
I have to put this in here- way to go Tennessee for making the Sweet 16 again! :):):) It's been a really strange season here in Knoxville and I don't think many believed they would even make it this far. Who knows how much further they will go, but I am a proud fan right now! Goooo Vols!!!!
:respec::respec::respec:

And can I say that I was not entirely shocked that Kansas got knocked out? I saw the TN/Kansas game here and thought that Kansas was not National Champ good. Cheering for the SEC!

Theatregirl1122
03-23-2010, 03:49 PM
That was such a great game! I couldn't help but cheer for Nothern Iowa. That last minute 3-pointer by Ali was awesome.

We were enjoying it way too much in our hotel in buffalo. We were like "Oh, where are all those reporters who, when SU was ranked number one, said they didn't think we deserved it because Kansas is obviously far and away the best team in the country?" I don't know that Syracuse is the best team in the country, especially without Onuaku, but it clearly wasn't unequivocally Kansas. We also like to yell "FAROKHMANESH!" like the TV announcer did.

Cuse is totally dominating the Zags right now, it's crazy. :cheer:

I was there and it was so much fun. We were all totally worried about Gonzaga and we heard a TV announcer say before the game that, with Onuaku we would have been a "slight favorite" over Gonzaga. We took issue with that statement.

:cheer2: Yay, for Cornell & Syracuse!! :cheer2:

Celebrating in upstate New York! The Carrier Dome is going to be RED on Thursday. I'm sure a ton of Cornell fans will come. And most of the local Syracuse people with tickets will be cheering for Cornell as well. I don't have tickets (too expensive for a game my team wouldn't be playing in) but we'll be cheering for Cornell at home, too.

I'm also thrilled that MSU made it. But I'm :wuzrobbed about Kalin Lucas. When he went down, I was sure they were done. On Friday I will be in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan cheering for Michigan State! I don't know how well that will go down.

ChelleC
03-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Celebrating in upstate New York! The Carrier Dome is going to be RED on Thursday. I'm sure a ton of Cornell fans will come. And most of the local Syracuse people with tickets will be cheering for Cornell as well. I don't have tickets (too expensive for a game my team wouldn't be playing in) but we'll be cheering for Cornell at home, too.

I would imagine there will be a lot of BLUE there too.

Theatregirl1122
03-23-2010, 08:21 PM
I would imagine there will be a lot of BLUE there too.

Possibly. I know Kentucky fans travel well. But this is going to be nearly home for Cornell. Only an hour and 15 minutes away and with many people in Syracuse root for Cornell when they aren't playing Syracuse (upstate NY solidarity). At the West Virginia game on sunday, the crowd was still mostly Orange. Every time they announced the Cornell score and the big red were leading, there was a huge roar from the crowd.

elka_sk8
03-25-2010, 02:23 AM

Love it! Has there ever been a year where TWO upstate NY teams have made it to the second week?! I will literally eat my hat if Cornell beats Kentucky. Go Big Red!

That's awesome that you got to go to the games in Buffalo- sounds like a lot of fun!

bbtano
03-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Baylor's men and women are in the sweet 16 this year!

Go Bears! Go Bears! Go Bears! Go! Go! Go!