PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
03-09-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree. I've heard a lot that Chock is a "star" but her skating is going to have to get a lot stronger before any stardom can be fulfilled. She skates with her face. :) I feel like she's very busy selling the program and not doing as much with her feet.

She must selling program for them both :D And she is very young - let her to get some funn, before she didnt need to have polished for medals programs.
Like i post before- yjis year Igor and Marina could have more time for this team.

flowerpower
03-09-2010, 08:19 PM
I could be wrong because I never can remember the age rules for junior, but I would have thought they had one more year left. Anyone know? Paul turns 19 in Sept 2010 and Islam turned 20 in January 2010.

As per the ISU, in International Junior Competitions and ISU Junior Championships a Junior is a Skater who has met the following requirements before July 1st preceding these Events:
i) has reached at least the age of thirteen (13);
ii) has not reached the age of nineteen (19) for Ladies and Men in singles competition; and
iii) has not reached the age of nineteen (19) for Ladies and the age of twenty-one (21) for Men in Pair Skating and Ice Dance competition.

As of July 1, 2010, Paul will be 18 and Islam will be 20, so they should still be eligible as juniors for next season.

flowerpower
03-09-2010, 08:39 PM
I heard, that after this season ISU want to made age limit for juniors lower - this mean skaters must be younger to skate in juniors.

I sure hope not. The junior competitive circuit is the main way to get developmental international experience and ranking points to lay the groundwork for getting Grand Prixs and achieving senior success.

Already I have concerns for couples who are late-bloomers or who switch partners and have to re-establish themselves. If you don't find your ideal partner till you're in your early twenties, how do you break into the mix? It's hard to get ranking points at Senior B's. And if you drop the age limits for juniors, it just worsens the problem.

pani
03-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I sure hope not. The junior competitive circuit is the main way to get developmental international experience and ranking points to lay the groundwork for getting Grand Prixs and achieving senior success.

Already I have concerns for couples who are late-bloomers or who switch partners and have to re-establish themselves. If you don't find your ideal partner till you're in your early twenties, how do you break into the mix? It's hard to get ranking points at Senior B's. And if you drop the age limits for juniors, it just worsens the problem.

I agree, i dont know why they need to do this at all.
Maybe because at this OG some skaters, who could skate at juniors (like Mao Asada, Kim Yu-Na) took medlas at OG?

pani
03-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Tessa and Scott at Toronto-Ottawa hockey match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNEbMfg0V2Q

TalentedButHumble
03-09-2010, 10:20 PM
With my luck I'd be stuck under the flag the whole time they were out there. :P

Shallwedance
03-09-2010, 11:25 PM
She must selling program for them both :D And she is very young - let her to get some funn, before she didnt need to have polished for medals programs.
Like i post before- yjis year Igor and Marina could have more time for this team. Yes, but this goes to her basic skating skills - it's hard to polish those if you don't prioritize them early - look at Tanith.

pani
03-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Yes, but this goes to her basic skating skills - it's hard to polish those if you don't prioritize them early - look at Tanith.

I agree, but Tanith and Meryl won silver at OG.
I hope Mady will work on her basic in this summer. I hope.

fanof
03-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Why Platov say, not all skaters born talented like V and M? Many skaters born talented too, like Khokhlova and Novitsky, they should medal. Tessa is little girl, (teenager girl) .Jana is big girl, grown up, she is a lady know how to express feeling.. maybe if Jana and Sergei skate for USA or canada they will medal.

pani
03-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Why Platov say, not all skaters born talented like V and M? Many skaters born talented too, like Khokhlova and Novitsky, they should medal. Tessa is little girl, (teenager girl) .Jana is big girl, grown up, she is a lady know how to express feeling.. maybe if Jana and Sergei skate for USA or canada they will medal.

I think you could open Khokhlova and Novitsky tread :)

sap5
03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I approve. :respec: I'm dying to see them do a really risque exhibition.

Oddly enough (I guess), I'm not. It's too easy and too obvious. I'm hoping they do something really fun and something that shows off their ability to dance. I'm not sure how much time they have to throw something together for SOI though -- they must be exhausted right now and I can only imagine how tired they'll be after Worlds.

In the future, I'm hoping they stray away from the obviously romantic and use the chemistry they have in other ways. Thinking back to some US SYTYCD routines, I'd love to see something like Hok and Jaime's "Hummingbird and Flower" (eroticism but not human) or perhaps Neil and Sabra's "Sweet Dreams are Made of This" (portraying enemies).

pani
03-10-2010, 06:32 PM
In the future, I'm hoping they stray away from the obviously romantic and use the chemistry they have in other ways. Thinking back to some US SYTYCD routines, I'd love to see something like Hok and Jaime's "Hummingbird and Flower" (eroticism but not human) or perhaps Neil and Sabra's "Sweet Dreams are Made of This" (portraying enemies).

Could you post links to the videos of the dances you are talking about?
I think they will have new exibition for SOI (at least 1 new and FD or OD).
And i think they will not bothering fans of other team with there romatice FDs, i have feeling they will retried if they will win the WCh.

sap5
03-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Could you post links to the videos of the dances you are talking about?
I think they will have new exibition for SOI (at least 1 new and FD or OD).
And i think they will not bothering fans of other team with there romatice FDs, i have feeling they will retried if they will win the WCh.

I will try to post the links when I get home (or maybe someone else who knows the dances I'm referring to can post the links sooner?).

I hope they don't retire if they win the WCh. And my desire to see a non-romantic FD comes as a fan of V&M. ;) Some of us can be fans of multiple teams at the same time -- shocking! I know.

Rafter
03-10-2010, 07:14 PM
And my desire to see a non-romantic FD comes as a fan of V&M. ;)

Haven't we already seen that from them with Pink Floyd?

TanithandBenFan
03-10-2010, 07:20 PM
I will try to post the links when I get home (or maybe someone else who knows the dances I'm referring to can post the links sooner?).

I hope they don't retire if they win the WCh. And my desire to see a non-romantic FD comes as a fan of V&M. ;) Some of us can be fans of multiple teams at the same time -- shocking! I know.

Those were two of my favorite SYTYCD routines, too:

The Hummingbird (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gF_izDK1jY)

Sweet Dreams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ojO_efKF4)

I'd love to see them skate to "Never Say Never" by The Fray, which was used on the Canadian SYTYCD last year for one of my favorite routines. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yflTC0SQlIA)