PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I agree, that Max now skate really weak, but i think with Morgan he looked better (maybe i am wrong).
For example, some people talk, that Tessa weaker skater, then Scott, that he need more talanted girl to skate.
Or a lot off people talked, that Ben Agosto stronger skater, than Tanith (i think it could be greate team Morgran+Ben)
I dont talk about Meryl. But all off them, like i said before, have silver Olympic medals and Tessa gold :)

Rafter
03-09-2010, 03:46 PM
At another interwie Platov said, that he know, what to do to beat canadians, but he need to have apeciall studience for this. Journalist ask him - and when you could have them& Platov - one coache said, that he waite his best sakter 15 years, i have a time :D.

Sorry pani, can you try again here. I'm not understanding this. :lol:

Judy
03-09-2010, 03:48 PM
At another interwie Platov said, that he know, what to do to beat canadians, but he need to have apeciall studience for this. Journalist ask him - and when you could have them& Platov - one coache said, that he waite his best sakter 15 years, i have a time

Sorry Pani - what?? I don't understand what you're trying to say from Platov's quote ... ?

Rafter
03-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Canada's junior champions in ice dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLCbKZ8kvNI

Does she remind you of anyone? ;)

pani
03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
OK - i will try.
Platov said- i know, how to overcome canadian team. But for this i need to have talented team to do this. journalist ased him - when you could do this?
Platov- when i will have such talented team to do this. One coach said, that he waite his best pupil during 15 years.
Sorry, but i couldnt do it better

Rafter
03-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Thanks, pani. I understand now.

If V&M were ever to leave Igor and Marina (which I doubt they ever would now), Platov is the coach I'd like to see them go to.

pani
03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Canada's junior champions in ice dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLCbKZ8kvNI

Does she remind you of anyone? ;)

O, yes, :)
I like this team. When i watched junior Nationals on skatebuzz, i notice, they was in two times faster, then other teams.
I only think al teams must have there own style. Now i feel, young canadians start to copy Tessa and Scott. Even Vanessa and Paul

pani
03-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks, pani. I understand now.

If V&M were ever to leave Igor and Marina (which I doubt they ever would now), Platov is the coach I'd like to see them go to.

I think we could only hope, that Tessa adn Scott will work with interesting choreograhfer at show.
After what happened with B-A i think nobody will leave Igor

Rafter
03-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I think we could see a lot off surprizes in next 4 year. Maybe in next year we fell in love with super-programs drom Chocl-Zurlein and Shibutanies (like this was with V-M and D-W in 2006-2007 season).

At this point I see the Shibs as more talented than Chock & Zuerlein. The only thing that could hold the Shibs back in seniors is the height difference. We'll see. C&Z to me need some sort of personality and much better choreography.

pani
03-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Agree, but look at D-W in 2006.
I think Madison is one off the best femaile skaters in expression, but she have not best patner i think. But in next season D-W will skated in show long time, V-M could retierd. Maybe Igor and Marina will have more timefor other skaters. And I-K have 37.52 in CD- they could be next Tessa and Scott in Russia

Rafter
03-09-2010, 04:31 PM
O, yes, :)
I like this team. When i watched junior Nationals on skatebuzz, i notice, they was in two times faster, then other teams.
I only think al teams must have there own style. Now i feel, young canadians start to copy Tessa and Scott. Even Vanessa and Paul

I think Paul & Islam have a look similar to V&M, especially Alex Paul who I think has had a lot of ballet/dance training like Tessa. Though Paul & Islam's FD at Canadians was unlike anything V&M have ever done (it was a very aggressive Indian/middle eastern type of number).

IMO Crone & Poirier's style is nothing like V&M.

Rafter
03-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Agree, but look at D-W in 2006.
I think Madison is one off the best femaile skaters in expression, but she have not best patner i think.

Yes but Zuerlein is quite a bit stronger technically than Chock.

pani
03-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I think Paul & Islam have a look similar to V&M, especially Alex Paul who I think has had a lot of ballet/dance training like Tessa. Though Paul & Islam's FD at Canadians was unlike anything V&M have ever done (it was a very aggressive Indian/middle eastern type of number).

IMO Crone & Poirier's style is nothing like V&M.

o yes - i like P-I FD from junior Nationals (they had french choreograhfer)/

As for C-P. At CoR a lot off fans talk, that there this year FD look similar to V-M Sibelius. I loke when C-P skate something passion, like ther 2008 tango FD.
And i agree - Zurleine is stronger technically, but he didnt have peersonality on ice yet. And he is like Charlie and Scott - he is 21 or 22?

TanithandBenFan
03-09-2010, 04:52 PM
And i agree - Zurleine is stronger technically, but he didnt have peersonality on ice yet. And he is like Charlie and Scott - he is 21 or 22?

He's 21 but still new to the senior level, so I think there's still a lot of potential for artistic growth there.

Rafter
03-09-2010, 04:59 PM
o yes - i like P-I FD from junior Nationals (they had french choreograhfer)/

As for C-P. At CoR a lot off fans talk, that there this year FD look similar to V-M Sibelius.

Who was the French choreographer for P&I? I thought their programs were choreographed by Kelly Johnson who works along side their coach (and Mitchell's dad, David Islam)?

As for C&P's FD this year looking like V&M's Valse Triste, I'm not seeing it at all. C&P's FD this year is more edgy and slightly voidy compared to the soft, lyrical Valse Triste that V&M did.

ETA: nevermind. I see on Paul & Islam's ISU bio that their original dance was choreographed by Zazoui's assistant, Romain Haugenauer (sp?). Their FD was choreographed by one of Islam's assistant coaches. I hope P&I continue to use outside choreographers.