PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68

Debbie S
08-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Did G&G use any other music that could remotely be termed Spanish or Latin?Their '94 Oly SP was flamenco. In fact, wasn't some of that same music used in V/M's OD this past year? I thought I read that here.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
08-16-2010, 02:43 AM
I find the female voice a little lacking in the movie version. Shakira is a lot hotter--but the yelling of Shakira Shakira in her version, I could do without.

.....But what I really wanted to do was illustrate that there are non boring ways to do an FD that someone could loosely describe as "Latin".

ITA Doris. Latin dances, even dances choreographed by Shpilband don't neccessarily have to be generic P&S type pieces. Back in 2006 V&M's OD was my favorite of all of Igor and Marina's dance teams.

As long as the music and choreography is :kickass: the program should be good.

I also agree with you about the Shakira! Shakira! not being necessary in the song. One of my pet peeves is when artists have someone chanting their names, for me it ruins the overall song.

Finally some program news. :smokin:

flowerpower
08-17-2010, 02:17 PM
I was reading the Globe and Mail this morning, and came across a really nice article on Tessa and Scott in the Life section, "Skating stars' ace in the hole - Canada's Olympic ice-dancing champions find perfect balance on the golf course". It's a Q&A, focusing on their love of golf, how it relaxes them, and connections between golf and ice-dance. I don't know if the article will be online or not, so you might want to look at the paper if you're in Toronto.

They say that when their training day ends at 5 or 6 pm, they often head over to the golf course together for a quick round!

ETA: Here's a link to the article:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/tessa-virtue-and-scott-moir-find-balance-on-the-green/article1675697/

pani
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
ETA: Here's a link to the article:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/tessa-virtue-and-scott-moir-find-balance-on-the-green/article1675697/

Thank you! Look, like they have a lot off funn? plaining in golf.
I cant understand - why they posted, that Tessa and Scott retern to the work after 6 mounth off break?

shan
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Six months later, the skating stars from London, Ont. are back in the rink, immersed in the less glamorous rituals of training and learning new choreography. One way they blow off steam? With a swing.

I don't think this means they took a break for 6 months, just that its been 6 months since the Olympics.

flowerpower
08-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I cant understand - why they posted, that Tessa and Scott retern to the work after 6 mounth off break?

The writer's not saying that. The line "Six months later, the skating stars from London, Ont. are back in the rink, immersed in the less glamorous rituals of training and learning new choreography..." just implies that the writer is "checking in with them" six months after their victory to see what they're up to.

It does seem like they have a lot of fun together, both on and off the ice. I love Tessa's line, "We might not be able to do all these crazy things like The Goose when we’re older, but we’ll always be able to golf."

Dragonlady
08-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Since the Olympics, Tessa and Scott have been on a whirlwind of touring with CSOI, shows including skating at the Calgary Stampede, and press. They haven't been training and preparing for the new season during this time frame, so this really is the first time they've been at their training rink working on the preparations for the new season.

pani
08-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Since the Olympics, Tessa and Scott have been on a whirlwind of touring with CSOI, shows including skating at the Calgary Stampede, and press. They haven't been training and preparing for the new season during this time frame, so this really is the first time they've been at their training rink working on the preparations for the new season.

But after vacation (after CSOI) they talk they was happy to be back to Canton.
But in alll cases i hope they have time to be ready for GP :)

OlieRow
08-18-2010, 12:16 AM
I love the mental image of Scott throwing his club after a lousy shot.

Gwoofer
08-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Did you saw Tessa with David? :confused:
In any case, i think that Tessa and Jamie look totally different - both are charming, but have different styles (IMHO)

WoW - totally agree - Wood had a delicate face a la Tessa; to me Jamie always looked like Ali McGraw and that's what got them thinking "love Story", including the clothes, etc

bookworm
08-18-2010, 11:30 PM
I have my fingers crossed for some actual colour this season (although knowing last year, I'm not sure that will actually happen).

pani
08-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Someone know, when Canadian pre-season test (camp) will be?

chantilly
08-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Not so sure I am in love with a Latin FD but I don't hate it either. But loved their Tango from a few years back and though their OD was great at the Olys, Kinda wished they were doing something a little more voidy although I must admit I do prefer themes or stories. The best voidy dances were by the Bulgarians and very few couples do them well IMO.

It would be great if they did a Paso or a Rhumba but don't know if they qualify as Latin. Any experts out there want to enlighten me? Although Rhumba might be too slow. I like the idea of Paso because while I think they have done romance to death I would love to see them do the big time PASSION.

sap5
08-20-2010, 08:05 PM
What I'm hoping to see is some non-voidy, straight up ballroom style dancing. Something different than the usual FD = "required elements" + "random movements in-between that allegedly tell a story". There are always plenty of teams attempting voidy story-telling. A team that comes out and says "there's no story, we just want to show you some quality dancing" is going to be a breath of fresh air.

Plus, I'd love to see what else can be done ballroom-wise on the ice. In most cases, when I see ballroom attempted on the ice, it looks like a shadow of what can be done on the floor. But there are examples of the opposite -- like K&P's OSP that eventually became the Golden Waltz. Latin is tough to adapt to ice because it's hard to get that characteristic hip action. I'm looking forward to seeing what V&M do with it.

pani
08-20-2010, 08:11 PM
What I'm hoping to see is some non-voidy, straight up ballroom style dancing. Something different than the usual FD = "required elements" + "random movements in-between that allegedly tell a story". There are always plenty of teams attempting voidy story-telling. A team that comes out and says "there's no story, we just want to show you some awesome dancing" is going to be a breath of fresh air.

Its difficul to made pure dance with spin, two steps sequenses and with level 4 lifts......