PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

TanithandBenFan
08-12-2010, 05:39 PM
I To say i am dissapointed with this music choice - its nothing. Especially because Chock-Zurlien have latin FD too.

Word on the street is that C/Z are changing their FD. Don't know if they're scrapping the whole thing or just tweaking it, but apparently it was not well-received in Lake Placid.

I really waite to see from them something, like PF FD was, but not Igors favorite latin dance. Its look, like B-A 2006-2007 first FD "Thats interteiment" - they start lost there postition from this tipical Igor FD.

"That's Entertainment" was reportedly Tanith and Ben's idea.

pani
08-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Word on the street is that C/Z are changing their FD. Don't know if they're scrapping the whole thing or just tweaking it, but apparently it was not well-received in Lake Placid.

"That's Entertainment" was reportedly Tanith and Ben's idea.

Maybe this FD is Tessa and Scott idea too?
Interesting information about C-Z FD. Interesting, what Tessa and Scott think about Latin FD now?

Pratfall
08-12-2010, 06:38 PM
:D You know, there's tons of Latin ( or Latin fusion ) music out there that doesn't fit the common mold. I think that this could be excellent for them. Scott and Tessa had a Rhumba/ Samba OD back in 2006 ( when they were just kids ) It showed their ability to move, and held promise for future, more mature interpretations. I'm thinking that we shouldn't be expecting a standard ballroom effort.

IoanaC
08-12-2010, 06:58 PM
:D You know, there's tons of Latin ( or Latin fusion ) music out there that doesn't fit the common mold. I think that this could be excellent for them. Scott and Tessa had a Rhumba/ Samba OD back in 2006 ( when they were just kids ) It showed their ability to move, and held promise for future, more mature interpretations. I'm thinking that we shouldn't be expecting a standard ballroom effort.

Finally, some positive thoughts ! Thank you ! Maybe we should just wait until we actually see something, and not jump to conclusions. Especially about podium conspiracies, when the season hasn't even begun !
Pani, everyone who expected that "weird and original music" is a bit disappointed, but give them some credit, will you ? Many doubted the Mahler program last year, and look how that one turned out...

pani
08-12-2010, 07:13 PM

But i dont think Latin music could be werid. And i think, that V-M in that level. when they need to have one idea for all FD, not parts from different dance rithms.

Valentina
08-12-2010, 07:25 PM
But i dont think Latin music could be werid. And i think, that V-M in that level. when they need to have one idea for all FD, not parts from different dance rithms.

well, they could chose a nice samba, Vinicius de Morais have one the most beatiful songs in world, and Sampa Pra Vinicius singef by Chico Buraque in honnor of Morais its just beatiful and sweet, I think it could be interesting maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M59Bdc5Kqs

enjoy ;)

zotza
08-12-2010, 07:35 PM
I think a Latin theme is the best they coud chose for this season.They can do all the intricate footwork needed, they have the artistic flair and the sensuality these rythms need and they're one of the few that are actually ice dancers.So why not?I wouldn't like to see V/M following a weird, over the top road just for the sake of being creative.This is for other teams and other styles.

mia joy
08-12-2010, 07:50 PM
For me Latin is more an OD music, although now we don't have OD anymore, perhaps we'll see it used in FDs more often? I'm glad to hear they're gonna do sth different than being sweet and in love, like in Mahler, although Latin FD seems a bit boring idea for me. I guess I cannot be expecting an exciting story-centric FD from them this year anymore...

Pratfall
08-12-2010, 08:00 PM
:rolleyes: I think people have clutched at the word weird too readily ...and remember, that was a suggested starting point...who knows what all they listened to before settling on their choice...and we don't know what their choice is , yet... could be some wild Tito Puente style Cuban / jazz fusion..could be some Fado thrown in..could be some Latin countryside music which often has a rougher edge..the possibilities are enormous.

They're obviously not eager to give too much away too soon.( And rightly so.)
But I do belive their camp is very unlikely to fall back on some mediocre 'standard'. They'll want to build on last year's success.

Oops ! Meant to add..there are Latin stories, too...

Antonella
08-12-2010, 08:11 PM
:rolleyes: I think people have clutched at the word weird too readily ...and remember, that was a suggested starting point...who knows what all they listened to before settling on their choice...and we don't know what their choice is , yet... could be some wild Tito Puente style Cuban / jazz fusion..could be some Fado thrown in..could be some Latin countryside music which often has a rougher edge..the possibilities are enormous.

They're obviously not eager to give too much away too soon.( And rightly so.)
But I do belive their camp is very unlikely to fall back on some mediocre 'standard'. They'll want to build on last year's success.

Fado is from Portugal, is not a Latin music style, even the modern one. I was actyally kind of surprised that any team used the classic Fado on last seans OD...

pani
08-12-2010, 08:14 PM

O, they could use soundtrack from Mexican soap opera ;)
O "Evita" .....

pingu
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM
:rolleyes: I think people have clutched at the word weird too readily ...and remember, that was a suggested starting point...who knows what all they listened to before settling on their choice...and we don't know what their choice is
I agree. Last year at TEB I asked Scott why he chose that music for the OD, and he said at the beginning he and Tessa were looking for a canadian country music (because of olympics in Canada), but that then Tessa had found that flamenco music, and they liked it so much that they immediately decided to use that music for the OD. Maybe it's the same for this music: they were looking for something weird and ended up with a latin music that captured them immediately. IMO last year they did the right choice, so I trust them ;)

Pratfall
08-12-2010, 10:09 PM
;)I know Fado is from Portugal, ( and crosses to Portugese colonies...) and I was just using it as an example of types of music that could blend well with Latin selections...depending on what they are...I mean e.g., Cuban music has African influences dating back to the slave trade and there are now some branches of modern African music that have reverse influences from Cuba because of interaction between their countries in this century..and on and on

Considering that they have to include different tempos ( or the program must have a building effect....however they interpret that..):rolleyes: And the fact that Tessa is still probably playing their cards close to her chest..."Latin" could be a very general description, and could encompass a lot of things that don't spring instantly to mind...Especially since we're talking FD which doesn't have to stick closely to the guide lines , set rhythms , etc. that an OD or SD would.

Edit:
I'll just come back and correct myself ..that was a quote from Scott, not Tessa..
And to show you what I meant..this may be more Fado influenced than pure Fado, but i could see something like this blending with a lot of Latin music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmrWw6HOtXY&feature=related

or a lot of other stuff.

Antonella
08-12-2010, 11:56 PM
;)I know Fado is from Portugal, ( and crosses to Portugese colonies...) and I was just using it as an example of types of music that could blend well with Latin selections...depending on what they are...I mean e.g., Cuban music has African influences dating back to the slave trade and there are now some branches of modern African music that have reverse influences from Cuba because of interaction between their countries in this century..and on and on

Considering that they have to include different tempos ( or the program must have a building effect....however they interpret that..):rolleyes: And the fact that Tessa is still probably playing their cards close to her chest..."Latin" could be a very general description, and could encompass a lot of things that don't spring instantly to mind...Especially since we're talking FD which doesn't have to stick closely to the guide lines , set rhythms , etc. that an OD or SD would.

Edit:
I'll just come back and correct myself ..that was a quote from Scott, not Tessa..
And to show you what I meant..this may be more Fado influenced than pure Fado, but i could see something like this blending with a lot of Latin music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmrWw6HOtXY&feature=related

or a lot of other stuff.

yeah, but still not latin :D just joking. They could use something a litle bit different and modern like this music insted of tta standart cha cha cha and rumba and bla bla bla.

Pratfall
08-13-2010, 01:36 AM
:D:D..still not Latin..:D:D

I love Latin music and really wouldn't mind a straight-up, fabulous Latin program, but I can't help thinking that Scott is a bit of a rascal and though he said there was no great secret, he managed to get off without saying anything much..and the actual program may be "Latin" by only the most tenuous connection..or some such other twist.

I at least expect it to be extremely challenging.