PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

mishieru07
03-09-2010, 04:05 AM
How about "Lovegame?" :P

I think that V&M could become two time Olympic champions myself but it depends on what they want (unfortunately it's not all about me :D). I'm waiting to see what Scott and Tessa's plans are for the next year (I'm not even thinking that far ahead to 2014). As good as they are now, they have so much more to show with their skating.

I approve. :respec: I'm dying to see them do a really risque exhibition. (Alternatively, I think Hungry Eyes would be a fab choice too, seeing how much Scott stares at Tessa during interviews! :lol:)

I guess it really depends. There's quite a good bunch of juniors currently (Shibus, I/K), plus all the younger senior teams like Samuelson/ Bates, Russian # 3, Marlie etc. It's figure skating; a lot of things can happen in 4 years. Kinda shocking to think 2 of our OGMs from Vancouver were WJC just 4 years ago! It doesn't feel that long ago!

YAYE thanks pani for the translation! And yes, I would like to see V/M collaborate with Platov (Kerrs Kerrs!! :D).

bbkenn
03-09-2010, 05:08 AM
How about "Lovegame?" :P

I think that V&M could become two time Olympic champions myself but it depends on what they want (unfortunately it's not all about me :D). I'm waiting to see what Scott and Tessa's plans are for the next year (I'm not even thinking that far ahead to 2014). As good as they are now, they have so much more to show with their skating.

I totally agree. I wish they would be around for the next 4 years...I think they're only just beginning to tap into their talent.

piano18
03-09-2010, 06:30 AM
and to think four years ago they couldn't even beat Morgan Matthews !!!

OlieRow
03-09-2010, 11:07 AM

Yea, but I think there's something to be said for pacing and development. While I'm sure they really wanted to beat M/Z, they were being groomed for Vancouver 2010. There's something to be said about developing a tad slower, but in a happier and healthier (well... minus last season's roadblock) way. Morgan Matthews is one of ice dance's most unfortunate stories while Tessa & Scott are Olympic Champions. I think part of it was M/Z were being heavily pushed for the 3rd Olympic spot in 2006 (and there was all the pressure that came with that) while Tessa & Scott pretty much knew their time was going to be 2010.

pani
03-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I must say, i liked team Matthews-Zavozin.I love there "Tango Roxan" FD at 2006 and "Pianist soundtrack" FD in 2007. I think Morgan is really greate ice-daner and she have elegants and greate expression. But maybe in one point of there career she start listen, what people talking about her team with Max - that she was much better, then her patner. And she want to find someone, who will be better for her. In ther same time, teams, like D-W, B-A didnt listen, what people talk about there relationships on the ice and didnt want change patner and then took silver at OG. I think M-Z could have good results, but they needed waited some time.
V-M try hard to go to 2006 OG too. But its greate, that they wasnt there, because at that ages they couldnt skate senior FD clean - it was hard for so young skaters.

pani
03-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Guys, did you saw this? Tessas and Scott FD from they Nationals 94952 views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arjQssjMGXs&feature=rec-fav-watch-cur_emp-exp_fresh+div

And the first version of there FD from Nationals (not good quality, but it was first) 132260 views WoW!

What we could say about FD at OG, if it will be on youtube?

karen
03-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I saw that too pani, it's great! CTVOlympics hasn't posted their full FD on youtube, but they have posted a "Gold Medal Moment," which is basically a short series of highlights from their FD. It has over 300 000 views :)

pani
03-09-2010, 01:50 PM
It has over 300 000 views :)

:eek:

karen
03-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Ooo also... I don't know if the fans who don't get CTV have been able to see the V/M profile from the Olympics yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o2ciksK74U

pani
03-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Ooo also... I don't know if the fans who don't get CTV have been able to see the V/M profile from the Olympics yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o2ciksK74U

Just amazing!

pani
03-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Tessa and Scott CD from arena. It was really crazy audience :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy3sPuAgqPw&feature=related

Rafter
03-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Here's another Russian press article with quotes from Platov.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/SkateFans/message/196806

Platov: Maxim and Oksana showed much more clean and powerful skating here than at Europeans. It's their result and I think they understand perfectly well that they did all they could. If not for the injury, if they could have prepared properly it might have been different. They probably could have contended for silver. Competing with Canadians right now is impossible. The only hope is that they'll retire! They showed the maximum of what is possible in dance and to catch up to it will be really hard."

Interesting comment from Platov but I think D&W are very close to V&M, especially in the OD and FD. If both teams stick around for a few more years I see them trading places 1-2-1-2 at major competitions.

pani
03-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Interesting comment from Platov but I think D&W are very close to V&M, especially in the OD and FD. If both teams stick around for a few more years I see them trading places 1-2-1-2 at major competitions.

At another interwie Platov said, that he know, what to do to beat canadians, but he need to have apeciall studience for this. Journalist ask him - and when you could have them& Platov - one coache said, that he waite his best sakter 15 years, i have a time :D.

Yes, Platov like D-W. I think because they are more close to russain drama style, then V-M.
I think we could see a lot off surprizes in next 4 year. Maybe in next year we fell in love with super-programs drom Chocl-Zurlein and Shibutanies (like this was with V-M and D-W in 2006-2007 season).
We could see really strong teams from Russia, who compete today at JWCh.
At leats i will waite progress from Samuelson-Bates - they have all to be one of the best champions - posture, expression, sinchro, technick.
Its hard to say now....

Rafter
03-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Morgan Matthews (or Matthews & Zavozin) is a good reason why one should never get too excited about junior skaters.

Rafter
03-09-2010, 03:36 PM
But maybe in one point of there career she start listen, what people talking about her team with Max - that she was much better, then her patner. And she want to find someone, who will be better for her. In ther same time, teams, like D-W, B-A didnt listen, what people talk about there relationships on the ice and didnt want change patner and then took silver at OG. I think M-Z could have good results, but they needed waited some time.

The problem here though it Max Zavozin is not very talented. Morgan was way above his level of skating. I saw him at the Olympics and he is quite weak IMO. I'm not surprised at all that Matthews looked elsewhere.