PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
08-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Maggylyn, how interesting that you think Tessa looks like a young Natalie Wood! I agree with you now that you mention it.

But do you want to hear something even more interesting? Way back in 2002 when Sale and Pelletier had that American agent Craig Fenech (who had told them 2 years before that they were going to become household names), there was an interview with him that I read. During the interview he said that part of Sale/Pelletier's appeal was their attractiveness. He said that Jamie was stunning in person and that even though he might be showing his age, the closest thing she reminded him of was a "young Natalie Wood".

David's taste in women seems to be consistent :eek:

Did you saw Tessa with David? :confused:
In any case, i think that Tessa and Jamie look totally different - both are charming, but have different styles (IMHO)

maggylyn
08-02-2010, 03:44 PM
He said that Jamie was stunning in person and that even though he might be showing his age, the closest thing she reminded him of was a "young Natalie Wood".

:P

I'm still hoping this will just turn out to be an unfounded rumor.

(Although I'm not holding my breath.)

pani
08-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Did you saw this montage, guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2lTlzOElUc&feature=related

For me its interesting, that it was made on Avatar soundtrack music. It will be greate, if one of this team will take this music for FD

maggylyn
08-03-2010, 03:19 AM
Did you saw this montage, guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2lTlzOElUc&feature=related

For me its interesting, that it was made on Avatar soundtrack music. It will be greate, if one of this team will take this music for FD

I don't think it's ever a good idea to use the music of anything that's currently "most popular." Well, maybe for exhibitions.

But for a senior-level competition, there's always the risk that by the time the competitions roll around, the public is already tired of hearing it. What's most popular in any given year can be the most hated or cliched music a little while later (Titanic, anyone?). Better to give any new music some time to prove itself.

I still remember when that song, "Feelings", was such a hit in the 70's (sorry, don't want to remember who sang it). I did like it that year it came out, but now - I want to barf any time I hear it.

shiningstar
08-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Thanks for that schedule. I noticed you didn't list 4CC - I've been thinking of attending that competition in Taipei next year, but I can't help but notice that Grand Prix Final, 4CC and the World championships are all in Asia this season. How likely do you think it is that V&M will attend? Have they skipped it before?

Pani also left off their Grand Prix events! I think it was a simple oversight and they will most likely compete!!

pani
08-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Pani also left off their Grand Prix events! I think it was a simple oversight and they will most likely compete!!

O, yes - this scheudule was posted on there oficcial site before GP competition was announsent.
http://virtuemoir.com/events.php

And did you red fun facts from there website? http://virtuemoir.com/fun_facts.php
•Scott usually calls Tessa “T”? Other nicknames include “Birdie” and “Tutu”!
•As a kid, Scott always wanted to be Leonardo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? :lol:

And what did you think about there new FD music? Any ideas?

Japanfan
08-03-2010, 09:25 AM
But do you want to hear something even more interesting? Way back in 2002 when Sale and Pelletier had that American agent Craig Fenech (who had told them 2 years before that they were going to become household names), there was an interview with him that I read. During the interview he said that part of Sale/Pelletier's appeal was their attractiveness. He said that Jamie was stunning in person and that even though he might be showing his age, the closest thing she reminded him of was a "young Natalie Wood".

IMO Jamie's beauty is the type that will fade with age. She was radiant when she was younger but now her face is a bit pinched. They showed her mom when she attended SLC Olympics and she had that pinched look about her (though certainly still qualified as attractive).

I don't see her resemblance to a young Natalie Wood - though I can sort of see it in Tessa. But I think Tessa will grow into her beauty as she ages, she has that sort of classic look in contrast to Jamie's cuteness.

pani
08-03-2010, 07:16 PM
IMO Jamie's beauty is the type that will fade with age. She was radiant when she was younger but now her face is a bit pinched. They showed her mom when she attended SLC Olympics and she had that pinched look about her (though certainly still qualified as attractive).

I don't see her resemblance to a young Natalie Wood - though I can sort of see it in Tessa. But I think Tessa will grow into her beauty as she ages, she has that sort of classic look in contrast to Jamie's cuteness.

I think, Tessa want to have this classical style, when Jamie look more nature

mia joy
08-03-2010, 08:04 PM
And from Marina interwie on russian look, like her vision of Tessa and Scott is two happy young people, who fell in love. And she was upset, when in interwie they said, that they like brother and sister, because she made another image for this two.

OMG, so she is the one who makes them this way? well, I have only one thing to say then: Scott and Tessa, run away from that woman immediately!! seriously, if she's gonna keep making their FDs look like Mahler, Umbrellas etc. they will become the most boring and predictable team ever, which would be (and already is) such a pity considering their talent. My gosh, give them some personality at last!! this whole "two happy young people who fall in love" is getting REALLY old.

sap5
08-03-2010, 08:12 PM
OMG, so she is the one who makes them this way? well, I have only one thing to say then: Scott and Tessa, run away from that woman immediately!! seriously, if she's gonna keep making their FDs look like Mahler, Umbrellas etc. they will become the most boring and predictable team ever, which would be (and already is) such a pity considering their talent. My gosh, give them some personality at last!! this whole "two happy young people who fall in love" is getting REALLY old.

Marina is also responsible for their Great Gig in the Sky FD, which I thought 1) had a lot of personality, and 2) was not about "two happy young people who fall in love."

After the Olympics, she told V&M to start listening to the weirdest music they could get their hands on to get ideas for this year's program. It sounds like she wants them to do something completely different from Mahler.

The thing I like about Marina is that she's in it to win it. To win Olympic gold within 4 years of being seniors, you've got to stick with what you do best and what you get rewarded for. She did that, and did it well. Now she's in support of going in a new direction. Why would V&M want to leave someone like that?

pani
08-03-2010, 08:14 PM

Yes, she said that. This was her image for them. And this brought them gold at OG. And nobody could show love better, then Tessa and Scott. And nobody could skate Mahler like this, when people in Japon, Italy stand up after this boring FD.
I dont think, they will show something, like you like, because i think it could be there last yaer - maybe all depend on how C-P will compete in next season. And its really sorry, but Tessa never will be such a greate dancer, like Meryl ;) ;)

pani
08-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Marina is also responsible for their Great Gig in the Sky FD, which I thought 1) had a lot of personality, and 2) was not about "two happy young people who fall in love."

After the Olympics, she told V&M to start listening to the weirdest music they could get their hands on to get ideas for this year's program. It sounds like she wants them to do something completely different from Mahler.

The thing I like about Marina is that she's in it to win it. To win Olympic gold within 4 years of being seniors, you've got to stick with what you do best and what you get rewarded for. She did that, and did it well. Now she's in support of going in a new direction. Why would V&M want to leave someone like that?

In her last interwie, Marina was asked about PF FD and she said - this dance was made to show how Mahler is better in Olympic season. Looks, like she didnt think, that PF was really greate, like some of us thinking.
And when she was asked- what did you said them about music for next season, she answer - i didnt said anything, i said them to relax after this difficult season and have funn.

As for personality - you know, this special connection between them is there personality too.

sap5
08-03-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/olympics/story/?id=319827

Coach Marina Zoueva instructed them to listen to music when they can find the time.

"She said, 'Start from the weirdest stuff you can find, and try and discover something' so we're wide open. It's pretty neat," Moir said. "Blank canvas."

"Fresh start," added Virtue.

mia joy
08-03-2010, 08:30 PM
And its really sorry, but Tessa never will be such a bgreate dancer, like Meryl ;) ;)

lol so not fair!! :P I never said anything about Meryl being a better dancer than Tessa. I know Tessa is great, ok? Meryl is just more interesting.

yes, I know this style gave them gold, blah blah. That will never make me like this style, though. If I stood up for Tessa and Scott, I'd only do that for their skating quality and speed, but surely not for the stories they show on ice.

And nobody could show love better, then Tessa and Scott.

:lol:

But that one, on the other hand, had absolutely no story to tell, no main point - just two people who skated to a pretty cool piece of music, with awesome lifts and nothing else to remember in between. D/S's Pink Floyd FD was so much better that season.

pani
08-03-2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/olympics/story/?id=319827

I read thith before, but in her interwie Marina didnt talk about this. Maybe she didnt want to be asked about there new music? But she said, she didnt saw them after WCh and didnt know, did they feel, they are the stars.