PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

OlieRow
05-25-2010, 01:53 AM
If they had a semi-voidy FD (or at least step outside their comfort zone) AND have new step sequence, I'd be absolutely thrilled!

pani
05-25-2010, 08:47 AM
If they had a semi-voidy FD (or at least step outside their comfort zone) AND have new step sequence, I'd be absolutely thrilled!

There step sequence from PF FS was new?
In 2009 OD and in 2010 OD - its was the same?

Enthusiast
05-25-2010, 06:12 PM
I tend to agree that Igor's footwork may be too similar for all his competing teams but what else do you expect? No other teams are doing intricate choreography with difficulty enough transitions and his teams are ranked #1 and #2 in the world. New steps are fine, yeah, but the differences in abilities in his two teams and the rest of the field is huge, so as long as they experiment with different styles I'll be thrilled.

pani
05-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I tend to agree that Igor's footwork may be too similar for all his competing teams but what else do you expect? No other teams are doing intricate choreography with difficulty enough transitions and his teams are ranked #1 and #2 in the world. New steps are fine, yeah, but the differences in abilities in his two teams and the rest of the field is huge, so as long as they experiment with different styles I'll be thrilled.

This really inteersting for me - D-W at Indian OD and V-M in Flamenco OD had the same step sequenses?
Or you mean V-M in all dances had the same circular or diagonal step sequences?
I think they will not have a lot time for made new footworks, if they will skate at GP.

Enthusiast
05-25-2010, 06:51 PM
This really inteersting for me - D-W at Indian OD and V-M in Flamenco OD had the same step sequenses?
Or you mean V-M in all dances had the same circular or diagonal step sequences?
I think they will not have a lot time for made new footworks, if they will skate at GP.

No, those steps were different, not identical, although this is an ongoing criticism of Igor's teams so I don't completely agree with piano18 about steps being reused "year after year". Besides as long as they experiment with a totally different theme for next year it'll be great.

pani
05-25-2010, 07:00 PM
No, those steps were different, not identical, although this is an ongoing criticism of Igor's teams so I don't completely agree with piano18 about steps being reused "year after year". Besides as long as they experiment with a totally different theme for next year it'll be great.

I only think, that at Flamenco V-M had really new circular footwork. But maybe they really have a loy off the same positions in SS.

As for Linichuck step sequenses - i dont like it, because her teams couldnt save close postiton during this step sequenses. I dont know, maybe they didnt have time to work on this, but elements in her SS look, like separated elements, i think.

I dont waite a lot off changes in Tessa-Scott skating - i dont waite too much from them i only happy, they will skate one more year.
I think for made all this changes in choreo and steps they need to find new choreograhfer, maybe new coach.

maggylyn
05-25-2010, 07:05 PM
I think for made all this changes in choreo and steps they need to find new choreograhfer, maybe new coach.

I've always been one to advocate new choreographers, but I'm very much looking forward to what Marina does with "find the weirdest music..."

I love that she said that. I'm wondering if she gave similar advice to D/W.

pani
05-25-2010, 07:12 PM
I've always been one to advocate new choreographers, but I'm very much looking forward to what Marina does with "find the weirdest music..."

I love that she said that. I'm wondering if she gave similar advice to D/W.

I dont know - D-W have different situation, they need to win next year when V-M feel free (like thay said in interwies) to made something new.
I prefer to waite - because sometime i waite something superb and unususal and skaters did something not so greate. :)
Will see - now Marina will be too busy with all her greate teams :) And teams, like S-B, C-Z Shibutanies have more time for work, then two top teams in group, because they had long show-tour.

sap5
05-25-2010, 07:15 PM
:confused: What's a "garete" team?

HSGP21
05-25-2010, 07:17 PM
And teams, like S-B, C-Z Shibutanies have more time for work, then two top teams in group, because they had long show-tour.

And recall how shaky B/A's FD was in a post-olympic/post long tour season...albeit that tour was much longer, but it will be interesting to see how D/W and V/M adapt to the changes in their lives since Vancouver and get ready post- SOI

pani
05-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Sorry

pani
05-25-2010, 07:20 PM
And recall how shaky B/A's FD was in a post-olympic/post long tour season...albeit that tour was much longer, but it will be interesting to see how D/W and V/M adapt to the changes in their lives since Vancouver

I think about this too. I remember Igor asked Tanit and Ben didnt take part at GP and work more before Nationals and 4CC on there programs.

I think maybe D-W start work on there FD? I remeber, that V-M, when they skated at CSOI in 2008, go back to Canton worked on there programs during the tour.

pingu
05-25-2010, 09:04 PM
A great team perhaps?

OlieRow
05-25-2010, 09:05 PM
I hope they haven't been working on programs yet. After a grueling Olympic season and the CSOI tour, they've earned the next week or two to relax and take a total break from skating. Listening to music/brainstorming are different, but they need some time off-ice to recover.

pingu
05-25-2010, 09:06 PM
I think about this too. I remember Igor asked Tanit and Ben didnt take part at GP and work more before Nationals and 4CC on there programs.

I think maybe D-W start work on there FD? I remeber, that V-M, when they skated at CSOI in 2008, go back to Canton worked on there programs during the tour.
Meryl and Charlie will start training in mid june.