PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

OlieRow
05-21-2010, 11:51 AM
I watched their 2005 OD again recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvDMZDWEG-0&feature=related

This remains one of my favorite V/M programs. No flashy tricks, no smouldering passion -- just straight up ballroom dancing. I especially love how practically the entire dance is done in closed hold -- impossible with today's OD requirements (and I have no idea what to make of the new "short dance").

I'd love to see another dance like this from them -- perhaps as an exhibition, or maybe a tour piece?

This is probably my all-time favorite OD from them, definitely up there with their flamenco. It was the first time I "discovered" V/M (and thus, dance) as I was so impressed that they just danced. I wonder if there's a way they could do something like it next year for the short dance - combine Waltz with another ballroom rhythm to go for the same feel?

pani
05-21-2010, 10:44 PM
I think they could made greate short dance on something from Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. For example - Dancing Cheek to Cheek.

Skate Talker
05-22-2010, 05:18 PM
If they can't remake this into a competitive piece I would love to see them do it as exhibition - I can't recall if I ever saw it before now - wonderful wonderful wonderful.

bookworm
05-22-2010, 08:19 PM
I saw their (full page) Roots ad in the Globe and Mail yesterday. They (meaning Roots) are definetely drawing on the fact that half the country thinks they should be together - it's totally :swoon:.

pani
05-22-2010, 08:26 PM
I saw their (full page) Roots ad in the Globe and Mail yesterday. They (meaning Roots) are definetely drawing on the fact that half the country thinks they should be together - it's totally :swoon:.

Could you post link?

bookworm
05-22-2010, 08:29 PM
I can't find it online, sadly... I saw it randomly lying on the counter at a Roots outlet store.

maggylyn
05-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I watched their 2005 OD again recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvDMZDWEG-0&feature=related

This remains one of my favorite V/M programs. No flashy tricks, no smouldering passion -- just straight up ballroom dancing. I especially love how practically the entire dance is done in closed hold -- impossible with today's OD requirements (and I have no idea what to make of the new "short dance").

I'd love to see another dance like this from them -- perhaps as an exhibition, or maybe a tour piece?

This is also my favorite OD of theirs.

I love the idea of a dance like this for an exhibition.

RockTheTassel
05-22-2010, 10:37 PM

I adore that dance! It's really sophisticated for their ages. I agree that it would make a great exhibition program. It's glorious.

bbkenn
05-22-2010, 10:43 PM
This is also my favorite OD of theirs.

I love the idea of a dance like this for an exhibition.

They are sooooo cute, and so young! I, too, would love to see this for an exhibition.

Wyliefan
05-22-2010, 11:04 PM
That was a lovely dance. Love her dress, too!

pani
05-23-2010, 11:40 AM
It was super dance for that age, but now they are more muture and powerfull, i think they could skate something in this style, but this will lok totaly different (IMHO) Interesting to see.

pani
05-23-2010, 04:05 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/znmv08.jpg

http://i064.radikal.ru/1005/84/6110e5173655.gif

http://www.kurtfiles.com/pics/program.php?id=Rock+the+Runway+-+Cast&event=2010%2FVancouver+Stars+on+Ice&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9kNkD3-RB0&feature=player_embedded

piano18
05-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi!
Since they're staying with their coaches for next season they'll most likely not get any outside choreography. so I'll just have to live with that.

My wish is for them to please have a hand in creating new step sequences, something we haven't seen for a while now!! They are skating skills skaters, not the automated androids we see in so many of Igor's teams (past and current) who don't know how to do any other than the combination of same steps each year! And they have the basics, why not show them off, they don't have to skate to the same Igor's precise step by step step sequence with the same kilian hold-change-waltz hold-double twizzle-killian hold positions year after year! These steps are more designed for teams like Davis&White and Tanith Belbin.

E.T.A.... And as different as GGITS/Money was, (and I endorse them going in this direction) , the step sequences in that piece aren't totally new or different from their previous FDs (which can also be said of all of the Canton teams too)....

Also will be waiting for Tessa Virtue to improve. Am looking forward to seeing improvement. :cheer:

I really like Linichuk's teams's choreography of step sequences, as well as Bobrova/Soloviev & Crone/P because they really show off the skater's skills really well, no hiding of bad basics. Carol Lane or whoever choreographed C/P did an excellent job creating the step sequences.

Anyways that's just my hope. To see drastically different steps. Even with empty choreography, I just want to see skating skills step sequences like they are capable of. Leave Igor's step sequences to those teams who aren't.

*Carol*
05-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi!
Since they're staying with their coaches for next season they'll most likely not get any outside choreography. so I'll just have to live with that.

My wish is for them to please have a hand in creating new step sequences, something we haven't seen for a while now!! They are skating skills skaters, not the automated androids we see in so many of Igor's teams (past and current) who don't know how to do any other than the combination of same steps each year! And they have the basics, why not show them off, they don't have to skate to the same Igor's precise step by step step sequence with the same kilian hold-change-waltz hold-double twizzle-killian hold positions year after year! These steps are more designed for teams like Davis&White and Tanith Belbin.

I really like Linichuk's teams's choreography of step sequences, as well as Bobrova/Soloviev & Crone/P because they really show off the skater's skills really well, no hiding of bad basics. Carol Lane or whoever choreographed C/P did an excellent job creating the step sequences in showcasing their great basics.

Anyways that's just my hope. To see drastically different steps. Even with empty choreography, I just want to see skating skills step sequences like they are capable of. Leave Igor's step sequences to those teams who aren't.

Just a spetial mention to Carol Lang, she didi and amezing choreo for C/P FD, O love the music and the choreo from the beging to the very end of the program.

I gald the V/M are going to stay, I iust hope now thta they contiue to experimemnt new things.

pani
05-24-2010, 09:55 PM
I just watch group number from the SOI and think - Ben and Tanith was a reall stars there, they really could dance better, then others at that numbers. Maybe now we lost in ice dance REALL dancing? Its good we have V-M today, who show reall dancing quality in there programs and in CSOI group numbers, but what next? People could made twizzles, liftes, spins better, are faster then others, but they are not a good DANCERS. Is this our future?
And one thing made me a little sad. I see, that B-A could show much better there dance qualytis if they used outside choreo, when they worked with S-Z ot with L-K. But they didnt. And now, Tessa and Scott, who show reall pasion in that group numbers too, could never use outside choreo and show that they are dancers, not only athlets. What do you think about this, guys?