PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
What do you think about this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMcuVNnq1fg

I think it will be inteersting dance from them on "Nagoygatsi" music
And i like some Thin ice ideas

And -Vampire dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAJeqs3an0&feature=related

Deep Purple
Sometimes I feel like screaming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7xF51AFkys&feature=PlayList&p=2A004DA90759D955&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=6
I like guitar solo
Smoke On The Water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xHqV2FKZqo&feature=PlayList&p=2111DF7B46AE2A38&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHG2ICht3-A&feature=PlayList&p=2111DF7B46AE2A38&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=30

Twilight1
04-29-2010, 04:24 PM
I love different music and love that piece Kayla & Kupono did in SYTYCD but I don't know how that would go over with the judges.

That first youtube video reminds me of D&S (Bulgaria) OD from '03? I loved that OD, it was probably my favourite of the year and I could V&M rocking a period piece. It certainly would set them apart. The vampire thing has been done. K&P in 1994-5 and F-P&M in '98-'99 season.

pani
04-29-2010, 04:27 PM
I think now they could use what judges dont like. Scott said they dont care about medals.
I wish to see reall hip-hop fro Tessa too

OlieRow
04-29-2010, 04:31 PM
They might say they don't care about the results bit don't be fooled. They're fiercely competitive. They might not choose programs that cater to the judges, but they still want to win.

pani
04-29-2010, 04:34 PM
As ISU wish to see non-depression programs, maybe something funny could bring gold too? Befor efor victory you coudnt use roc-nroll, hip-hop or disco.
Hoffman-Zavozin used hip-hop dance, but i feel Tessa and Scott could doing this better (maybe in exibition).

Twilight1
04-29-2010, 04:35 PM
ITA- I don't see V&M just going out there spending all that time training to not care about results. lol!

I could see them doing something different but I hope they do something. Different. The vampire thing has been done, I don't know if hip hop has been really done in the top teams anyway. B&K did the closest thing to electronica dance in '99?

Linkin Park is more rock IMO. Did someone do Robbie Williams? Or was that just an exhibition?

pani
04-29-2010, 04:39 PM
. Did someone do Robbie Williams? Or was that just an exhibition?

Just exibition.
I like "Behind Blue Eyes ": Limp Bizkit, but maybe this will be depression dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MSqF_rQ6Mw

Judy
04-30-2010, 01:20 AM
I think now they could use what judges dont like. Scott said they dont care about medals.
I wish to see reall hip-hop fro Tessa too''

I don't believe that for a second .. they aren't continuing to skate and not aim for the top spot. They may indeed try different stuff but they aren't going to be deliberately choosing stuff that the judges dislike either.

jayta
04-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Kerr&Kerr did Linkin'Park last year. Not really rock n' roll, but a nice change of music style.

I would love to see them experiment with different ways to do footwork and such, but COP isn't the most helpful when it comes to that, if you want to win.

It will definitely be interesting to see how things change or if they will change now they don't feel so much pressure to attain their goal.

OlieRow
04-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Kerr&Kerr did Linkin'Park last year. Not really rock n' roll, but a nice change of music style.

I would love to see them experiment with different ways to do footwork and such, but COP isn't the most helpful when it comes to that, if you want to win.

It will definitely be interesting to see how things change or if they will change now they don't feel so much pressure to attain their goal.

1) I like the Kerrs, but if you're going to do LinkinPark, do LinkinPark, not a muzak version of it.

2) Bringing innovation to the step sequences would be nice, but honestly I'd be willing to settle for just newly choreographed ones...

One thing I think that will be interesting to watch, if you look at some of their lifts from this year - most notably "the Goose" and the one from the OD where he twists her - they're lifts from 2 years ago that have been made more difficult with a snazzy dismount or a twist. It's almost like they planned it that way, using the pre-Olympic year to get comfortable with the foundation of the lift and then adding to it for the all-important Olympic programs. I can't really think of ways where they'll be able to add to them so maybe they'll go totally back to the drawing board completely for lifts next season.

DORISPULASKI
04-30-2010, 07:27 AM
With the time limits on lifts these days, there isn't much time to add something, other than difficulty in mount, position, or dismount. I'm looking forward to their doing something new in lifts. Theirs are always wonderful.

pani
04-30-2010, 07:58 AM
One thing I think that will be interesting to watch, if you look at some of their lifts from this year - most notably "the Goose" and the one from the OD where he twists her - they're lifts from 2 years ago that have been made more difficult with a snazzy dismount or a twist. It's almost like they planned it that way, using the pre-Olympic year to get comfortable with the foundation of the lift and then adding to it for the all-important Olympic programs. I can't really think of ways where they'll be able to add to them so maybe they'll go totally back to the drawing board completely for lifts next season.

Yes, this is really interesting. For me its look, like they show SO MANY new lifts, dismounts, that i dont know - is this steel something new to discover? :D
I hope they will used a little easiest lifts, but more time will dance in FD. I dont know, maybe this was made for Tessas shins (she talk she dont know could she go to Paris this summer, because she couldnt walk a lot, because need to give her shins rest.) But she look so happy at CSOI and i think next season to dance will be more easy for her.
And i think they will skate more relax next season, like Del-Sh after they won WCh gold.

Bue
04-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Hoffman-Zavozin used hip-hop dance, but i feel Tessa and Scott could doing this better (maybe in exibition).

Totally agree. I enjoyed H/Z FD this year because it was fun and different, but I wasn't sure it was quite right for them. Something like that could really shine in the hands of V/M, though. I think it would especially show off Tessa and her dance training to best advantage.

But I don't think they'll do hip hop or anything like that. I think it will be much voidier!

DORISPULASKI
04-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Has Tessa taken hiphop classes? I thought it was Scott that did?

Bue
04-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Has Tessa taken hiphop classes? I thought it was Scott that did?

Yep, they've both done hip hop. I don't know if she still does, but it sounded recently like they both take a variety of dance classes to supplement training.